Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On a real quick fire path to relegation.

Bielsa has progessed though. It's now not just batterings away at the top teams, it's home lashings at second tier outfits.

Trequarista10

Tbf they are missing basically a whole starting XI of first team players. I still think they'll finish 17th+ if the injuries ease up, or a couple wise transfers in January.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This thread is always littered with those posts after Leeds get a tonking, like clockwork.

If you look at their squad everybody would say before the season starts that they would be fighting relegation, and they are. The freshness of being newly promoted has worn off and this season was always going to be hard for them. Regardless of how sound you are as a coach, at some points quality of players will tip the scale, even Klopp got relegated with Mainz.

Spunking 25m on Dan James was weird though, that club (or maybe Bielsa specifically) has a hard on for him for some unfathomable reason.
Yeah it’s really strange. No idea why that could be…

Saddy

I think a comparison can be drawn between Poch and Bielsa - both couldn't speak English when they started in the UK but listening to Bielsa still needing a word for word translator in every interview !

If I was working for him it just shows a lack of commitment IMO after 3 years in the country he should be able to communicate fully - I wonder if this just shows a lack of desire to change tactics to suit ?

Anyway I don't really care - always hated Leeds like they do us.

Wilt

Leeds played with ten first team players out ….lucky lucky Arsenal

Acole9

Outstanding
I think a comparison can be drawn between Poch and Bielsa - both couldn't speak English when they started in the UK but listening to Bielsa still needing a word for word translator in every interview !

If I was working for him it just shows a lack of commitment IMO after 3 years in the country he should be able to communicate fully - I wonder if this just shows a lack of desire to change tactics to suit ?

Anyway I don't really care - always hated Leeds like they do us.
Don't be fooled by that. He knows more than he lets on. Pochettino did a similar thing at Southampton and then at Spurs apparently they told him he had to do his interviews in English so he had to stop using the translator.

Tyrion

Remember Neville and Sky creaming themselves about how entertaining they were while they were losing games :lol: Still entertaining?
They were and are entertaining. Plus they finished 9th in their first season in the PL after Bielsa got them promoted for the first time in a decade. He's done a brilliant job.

Hope they get relegated. There is no point in them staying here anyways.
As opposed to Norwich, Burnley, Palace and Watford? At least they're good to watch.

Leeds played with ten first team players out ….lucky lucky Arsenal
Yeah I imagine they'll stay up. If we lost against Arsenal with two first teamers out, half of the Caf would declare the result invalid.

NoPace

They couldn't keep the ball in the middle at all and kept turning it over. Definitely need Phillips back but also another CM who can play in tight spaces without creating turnovers. They should probably have gotten Billy Gilmour on loan. Would have been a good fit for him and he doesn't panic in those situations at least. Otherwise maybe look to La Liga for someone. They're not going to change the style they play, but the turnovers were terrible and the fullbacks were a mess (though the RB was a youth player) defensively.

Loida

Supports
Roma
He once said he would have won everything if he has robots instead of human playing his philosophy. That's same like saying "my philosophy works in my dream i swear by the gods of olympus it works !!". No wonder no top club ever bother to hire him. Somehow many people rates this delusional old fart, people always blame the player when losing , despite him having a football idea that will never be applicable for human.

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

Yeah it’s really strange. No idea why that could be…
Didn’t say it was strange.

Most of the posts aren’t just ‘I hate Leeds scum’ anyway, it’s almost always ‘Bielsa is naive’, ‘Bielsa is a fraud’ etc, completely disregarding the fact that said naive fraud got Leeds promoted and kept them up, something they havent done since they got relegated all those years ago.

suheilsworld

Tbf they are missing basically a whole starting XI of first team players. I still think they'll finish 17th+ if the injuries ease up, or a couple wise transfers in January.
True that . Their bench was all academy players with one of them leading the line for them. They’ve had rotten luck with injuries but when y I’ve seen this Leeds side play, there’s only one approach and they seem to have no plan B , especially against teams that are batting them. They can’t shore up their defense and when them don’t score, it’ll always be problematic

Bondi77

What is the point of Leeds anyway?
Having a team that represents the area so the people in that area can support their local team,
Strange concept to some but it has given joy to plenty of people over the years.

IrishRedDevil

They were and are entertaining. Plus they finished 9th in their first season in the PL after Bielsa got them promoted for the first time in a decade. He's done a brilliant job.
Hilariously entertaining, I agree. 7-0 was the highlight.

9th was last season, which is firmly in the past. Let’s talk about the present which is all that matters.

They are awful and a manger going into a Covid season with such a small squad is amateurish. Let’s not forget even when they had their full squad, it was game week 7 when they managed their first win (1-0 against rubbish Watford).

Jackal981

Having a team that represents the area so the people in that area can support their local team,
Strange concept to some but it has given joy to plenty of people over the years.
That question is condescending as feck. Why dont just remove all the teams below the Prem according to his logic. Anyhow its fun to see them as whipping boys of the league.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good post.

Tyrion

Hilariously entertaining, I agree. 7-0 was the highlight.

9th was last season, which is firmly in the past. Let’s talk about the present which is all that matters.

They are awful and a manger going into a Covid season with such a small squad is amateurish. Let’s not forget even when they had their full squad, it was game week 7 when they managed their first win (1-0 against rubbish Watford).
So the whole of last season doesn't count? I think that's called cherry picking.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
My neighbor who works as a car dealer told me that he was influenced by Bielsa.