Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
The player that stands out the most to me is Luke Ayling. He's very much integral to the build up phase by being a playmaker in the first phase in the build up. Also love the way he contributes higher up the pitch assisting in facilitating possession when he comes infield allowing Leeds to have numerical superiority. If he was to get injured at any point, I think he'd be the biggest loss for Mr.Biesla. From an aesthetic standpoint, I hope both Walker and Ayling are on their a-game in the upcoming spectacle between Leeds & City. Thought Walker's performance against Real Madrid was somewhat reminiscent of what Ayling offers albeit at a lower stage. One difference is I've seen Ayling take up positions one might expect from a traditional #10, will be interesting to see if he takes that calculated risk given the threat which City carry in offensive forays.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
9th, so not better then as the league’s general quality hasn’t improved.

Tbf though, Leeds will do well this season. Bielsa is one of them managers who could get anyone to do well. I mean, Bamford has 3 in 3!
I’d say it has improved, there’s been plenty of weird results this season so far. Liverpool unfortunately will boss the league this year and Fulham are probably one of the worst teams in premier league history so they’ll be down but literally any other team in between can beat each other.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They're pretty good.

Today so far against Man. City 52-54% possession and 7 shots on target compared to Man. City's 2. They're the ones clinging onto the point.

Remind me of when Wolves came up although I don't think they'll finish quite as high as Wolves had a stronger first 11.

OverratedOpinion

They're pretty good.

Today so far against Man. City 52-54% possession and 7 shots on target compared to Man. City's 2. They're the ones clinging onto the point.

Remind me of when Wolves came up although I don't think they'll finish quite as high as Wolves had a stronger first 11.
Like all Bielsa teams they will need to be judged after a few months of playing and training to this intensity. Were always going to look great at the start of the season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They need Rodrigo to score goals for them because Bamford is mediocre.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
They're pretty good.

Wolves have never gone toe to toe like this

Shark

@NotShark
Some United fans are in for a big wakeup call if they think this Leeds side can't finish above us. They're a very threatening and well drilled side.

Dr. StrangeHate

How come this guy was never in contention for the big jobs? Very few of this team will even make our bench and he went toe to toe with City.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Bamford has 3 in 3 before today
He’s started well but he’s not really good enough. Last season Leeds were dominant in pretty much every game, but he was clearly lacking and that was in the championship. You’re right in that he’s a player who follows instructions well and seems like a good presence, but some more quality in that role would be massive for them.

OverratedOpinion

True

But Bielsa loves him because he carries out instructions to a tee
Do you not reckon Rodrigo was brought as an upgrade?

I'd assume they hope for someone who can do the job that Bamford does for the team but is also a fairly proven goalscorer.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He’s started well but he’s not really good enough. Last season Leeds were dominant in pretty much every game, but he was clearly lacking and that was in the championship. You’re right in that he’s a player who follows instructions well and seems like a good presence, but some more quality in that role would be massive for them.
I think the likelihood is that Rodrigo will get the starting berth sooner rather than later

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wolves have never gone toe to toe like this
No their game style is more sit back and counter attack but they drew 1-1 at home to Man. City in 3rd game back up in 18/19 which gave notice they could finish in the top half which they did comfortably.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Do you not reckon Rodrigo was brought as an upgrade?

I'd assume they hope for someone who can do the job that Bamford does for the team but is also a fairly proven goalscorer.
Yes, I suspect you are right

Bamford will still play an important role in Bielsa’s squad though

The two can also play together

Sanchez7

What a coach Bielsa is. These sort of characters make football fun and the best game in the world.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Leeds have to be everyone’s 2nd team this season, no matter tribal rivalries.

what a refreshing way to play honest and thrilling football. The work ethic is insane, reminds me of SAF teams with Keane at the centre.

they will take lots of points off top 8 teams. Will probably finish above top 10 too.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The Bilbao - Barca game with the same managers was also a very rainy end-to-end draw and fun to watch.

Foxbatt

I know we all should hate Leeds, but I love watching them play!
I love good football no matter who plays. This Leeds side play good football. Look at the players they have. Give Bielsa a big club with a good squad and he could be brilliant.

OverratedOpinion

I still think Leeds are going to have fairly substantial dips but I do like a lot of their players.

Also Bielsa will be very important for setting the standards, he won't accept if any of the players think they shouldn't be winning any game because they were in the championship.

IFC 1905

The Bilbao - Barca game with the same managers was also a very rainy end-to-end draw and fun to watch.

I watch this video from time to time, it's absolutely amazing. The way they both press. I remember this match had everyone crazy and Bilbao was very close to win it.

Wittmann45

How come this guy was never in contention for the big jobs? Very few of this team will even make our bench and he went toe to toe with City.
Because he is a brilliant manager and personality that is also a loose cannon that, before Leeds, was seemingly just as likely to either burn every bridge at a club or build an entertaining and hardworking side.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I think the likelihood is that Rodrigo will get the starting berth sooner rather than later
yeah that’s a good point, he looks really sharp. And I agree about them also playing together, like you said Bielsa does like Bamford, I think he’s very much a manager who values players who adhere to the system.

RedorDead21

Football is so odd in that games can be torture to watch, dull as fishing in a canal or absolutely cracking!

Cloud7

I know we all should hate Leeds, but I love watching them play!
Football is a beautiful game, and so much of it exists outside of United. If a person allows rivalries and such to affect their enjoyment of watching a game then I feel sorry for them.

Rossa

I love good football no matter who plays. This Leeds side play good football. Look at the players they have. Give Bielsa a big club with a good squad and he could be brilliant.
I think this is where he proves his brilliance. Unlike some managers who seem overly reliant on spending big in every transfer window, Bielsa manages his team brilliantly!
I love how they transition from counter attacking football to keeping possession so well in the same half!

Foxbatt

I think this is where he proves his brilliance. Unlike some managers who seem overly reliant on spending big in every transfer window, Bielsa manages his team brilliantly!
I love how they transition from counter attacking football to keeping possession so well in the same half!
The don't only play counter attacking. They play so open attractive football. Good passing and play quick passing game too. Their players know what to do.

Okey

Boy that was some game. That second half is one of the best I've seen. Proper end to end punch-up between 2 brave sides. Hats off to Bielsa. Not easy to go toe to toe with Pep, especially with an inferior side. They'll be alright won't they?

IFC 1905

Because he is a brilliant manager and personality that is also a loose cannon that, before Leeds, was seemingly just as likely to either burn every bridge at a club or build an entertaining and hardworking side.

This thing of being a loose cannon is a complete nosense. Everyone uses Lazio as an example. Thing is Bielsa is someone with principles and He will never, ever go against them. And he doesn't pick his teams because of the money, he studies the Clubs meticulously and agrees on many things with them. For example, he studied everything about Leeds and demanded modifications at Thorp Arch before signing. He's a rare man in the football world. If they don't accept his demands, or if they do but then don't do what he demands, he will simply walk away.

redIndianDevil

Imagine us having a coach like that :(. Still can't believe some people think Ole can do this if he just got all the players he wants.

Ludens the Red

Yes guys, it’s really really great to see all the great football being played by Leeds, Liverpool and Man City :houllier: