Leeds watch 2012/13

misterredmist

It's always surprised me nobody with money has taken over Leeds....surely with a large investment we could be back in the PL fighting for a European spot.
The Billion Dollar question that Marching : in view of the perilous situation caused by that very ambition under Ridsdale, it would make any potential investor think more than twice.....as well as paying off Bates, how much investment would the squad need? are there any impending issues with stadium improvements on the horizon? Any potential suitor then has to judge how much money he has to pump in to get the club upto the Prem against potential incomes and the sums will be quite large, particularly if it's an investor looking for returns rather than a sugar daddy......

Forevergiggs

A read a headline this morning with one of the potential buyers comparing them to Pamela Anderson for some reason. Didn't bother clicking on the article.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
The Billion Dollar question that Marching : in view of the perilous situation caused by that very ambition under Ridsdale, it would make any potential investor think more than twice.....as well as paying off Bates, how much investment would the squad need? are there any impending issues with stadium improvements on the horizon? Any potential suitor then has to judge how much money he has to pump in to get the club upto the Prem against potential incomes and the sums will be quite large, particularly if it's an investor looking for returns rather than a sugar daddy......
Ridsdale was caught out by the team not qualifying for the CL which meant he had players on crazy contracts with a huge reduction in income.

Bates has redeveloped the East stand with plans in place for a hotel along the lines of Chelsea village and a West stand redevelopment. All this makes the ground an interesting project but it probably has come at a price....namely investment in the team. This highlights Bates lack of cash which leads us on to needing an owner with deeper pockets.

I read that it hasn't escaped the notice of the potential new investors that gaining entry into the PL lands them/the club with a £60m windfall.

With us in the PL the crowds should return but it has to be a sustained prescence rather than becoming a yoyo club going back down.

I will be pleased when the take over goes through....not because I don't like Bates but we need someone with more cash.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Uh oh. Leeds score a lovely equaliser against Wednesday and a knuckledragger with "LUFC" tattoo'd on his neck runs on the pitch and floors Chris Kirkland with slap/shove to the face. Cameras got a good look so he is gonna get in serious trouble.

Marching

Kirkland dived.

Good point in the end and a great goal from Tonge

misterredmist

Uh oh. Leeds score a lovely equaliser against Wednesday and a knuckledragger with "LUFC" tattoo'd on his neck runs on the pitch and floors Chris Kirkland with slap/shove to the face. Cameras got a good look so he is gonna get in serious trouble.
I believe the scum bag has been arrested and dealt with......

Marching

Named by his own fans, arrested and jailed.

Doubt a couple of months behind bars will change him.

Marching

After all the excitement of Hillsborough it was a dour night at Elland Road but another game without defeat as we drew with Charlton 1-1.

A point outside the play offs and six off the top so things are OK.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
After all the excitement of Hillsborough it was a dour night at Elland Road but another game without defeat as we drew with Charlton 1-1.

A point outside the play offs and six off the top so things are OK.
Beaten today by Birmingham. :)

Marching

Had a boring 0-0 written all over it until a cracking goal from Birmingham.

Yawn.

Marching

Good win for us against a poor Southampton team.

Leeds 3 Saints 0

Bring on the Gooners :nervous:

Ludens the Red

Is there a game that goes by where Michael Brown doesn't make a shocking tackle.
Horrible horrible cnut of a player.

Marching

Very good result for us and it was good to see the team working so hard....hope the 2,000+ Leeds fans behave over the weekend.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Benefit of supporting two teams for you though eh.

Always got the next one tomorrow.

Marching

Benefit of supporting two teams for you though eh.

Always got the next one tomorrow.
Slight difference in watching and supporting...always pissed off when we (Leeds) lose but if NUFC lose tomorrow it'll be more about being pissed off Fat Sam got something from the game.

You're going to win the league.

Marching

We only had NINE men
We only had NINE men
NINE men
We only had NINE men
We only had NINE men

Marching

American hoping to hijack takeover

American millionaire Preston Haskell IV has told The Sunday Times that he’s hoping to hijack GFH Capital’s takeover of Leeds United and invest in the club himself.

Haskell – the son of namesake Preston Haskell III, a multi-millionaire property developer – has amassed a personal fortune believed to be in the region of $250m (£157m) and has told The Sunday Times he’ll provide an immediate £10m for Neil Warnock to strengthen his squad and get Leeds United back to the Premier League.

“As a businessman I see a club that has an incredible brand and that offers a great entrepreneurial opportunity to take it back to the level which it saw in its glory days. Leeds is a well-managed club from Ken Bates down to Neil Warnock, and I have great respect for that aspect of its operations.

“It’s a very strategic investment. I love English football, the Premier League is where everyone aspires to be, and Leeds has an incredible support base, the pedigree, and a global reach, including South Africa, Australia, Ireland, and Norway. In short, it has a global following. It is one of the absolute blue-chip teams.”

misterredmist

In today's climate Marching, 1/4 billion dollars ain't a great deal of dough to be purchasing a club like Leeds with all the financial backing that may be necessary.......is Warnock under pressure after Saturday Marching ?

Marching

I think he will be under pressure...no incoming owner likes a losing manager so he may pay the price for a poor run.

I'd heard from someone on the inside Bates was talking up an American interest but it was put down to trying to force a deal with the Arabs.....seems there might have been something genuine in it after all.

Bates has very little cash and that's why we have suffered over the last few years and had to depend on the loan market....hopefully the Arabs or this Yank has more than Bates.

I wish they'd hurry up and get it sorted.

misterredmist

I think he will be under pressure...no incoming owner likes a losing manager so he may pay the price for a poor run.

I'd heard from someone on the inside Bates was talking up an American interest but it was put down to trying to force a deal with the Arabs.....seems there might have been something genuine in it after all.

Bates has very little cash and that's why we have suffered over the last few years and had to depend on the loan market....hopefully the Arabs or this Yank has more than Bates.

I wish they'd hurry up and get it sorted.
Yes I can imagine that the uncertainty won't help and Leeds are treading water in the Championship at the moment, still, better they take their time than rush into a "bad 'un" ?

Marching

Leeds 2 Palace 1

Very good win against a Palace side flying this season....this was their first loss in 14.

I'm pleased the takeover is finally sorted but wish the moaning Leeds fans would STFU about Bates becoming club president.

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds for us.

Marching

Well said!

DMIFB

Former Leeds United full-back Danny Mills has said Ken Bates is doing the right thing by continuing his involvement with the club.

Leeds announced last Wednesday that they will be taken over by Middle East-based private equity group GFH Capital.

Bates will stay on as chairman until the end of the season before becoming president thereafter.

"Staying on as chairman is the right thing to do because he knows the club," Mills told BBC Radio Leeds.

"Fans will moan that he's invested in the stadium rather than the team but he's put the club on the right footing.

"I've always backed Ken because he was there when times were hard. He's guided the club, which was at financial meltdown, and has re-built it over time. The club is making money and is one of very few to be doing that.

"In terms of the presidency, I think he just wants to leave his legacy and, if the club gets back to the Premier League, he wants to be able to enjoy the spoils."

Marching

Leeds 1 Leicester 0

Another good win against one of the top sides....always good to beat this lot.