Leeds watch 2012/13

Liam147

On Probation
I was told that Leeds have a habit of raising their game when they need to. Backed you to either beat or draw with Palace, sure I had you to beat someone else recently. Backed a draw tonight. Thought the Gary Speed/big team effect would be negated by your woeful midweek record.

Why do you hate Burnley by the way?

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
It's not just Burnley....we hate everyone ;)

I'd put the Burnley thing down to the old Yorkshire / Dark side rivalry.

I hate to see lose against anyone but can deal with it easier if they have worked their bollox off for 90+ minutes Warnock does seem to get them working harder than Grayson did and the rewards hopefully will come with it....last night they certainly got stuck in and as against Palace they deserved the win.

No guarantee that they will be like that in their next game though. Aaaaarrrggghhh!! ;)

Marching

Noisy neighbours 2 LEEDS 4

Brilliant win against the paupers down the A62 made it 3 wins in a week!

Marching

Interesting way of reducing the potential of crowd trouble at the forthcoming chelscum game at ER. Also is to do with policing costs.

Visiting Fans

The visiting fans are restricted to 3000 tickets in the West Stand away section. The UAP South Stand Upper tier is open for home fans.

The South Stand lower will be left unoccupied for the fixture as part of an agreement reached with Chelsea and the Football League. These 2000 seats would have been used by Chelsea fans if they had received the full allocation as provided for under competition rules.

After discussions with the Police, in light of the recent Court judgement , it was determined that the unrecoverable costs (from Leeds United) of preventing the potential for disorder, if 5000 fans from Chelsea were present, was not an acceptable sum to be bourne by the Police.

The costs of Policing the game at the Stadium will be paid by Leeds United from the gate receipts but not those on land that is not owned or controlled by the Club.

Additional measures will be in place to further reduce the non recoverable costs in terms of the match arrangements and we would like to thank Chelsea for their assistance in these areas.

Brophs

The One and Only
How has Aidy White been doing this season, M? On a scale of 1 to punching yourself repeatedly in the face, how much better than Stephen Ward is he?

Ludens the Red

Interesting way of reducing the potential of crowd trouble at the forthcoming chelscum game at ER. Also is to do with policing costs.

Visiting Fans

The visiting fans are restricted to 3000 tickets in the West Stand away section. The UAP South Stand Upper tier is open for home fans.

The South Stand lower will be left unoccupied for the fixture as part of an agreement reached with Chelsea and the Football League. These 2000 seats would have been used by Chelsea fans if they had received the full allocation as provided for under competition rules.

After discussions with the Police, in light of the recent Court judgement , it was determined that the unrecoverable costs (from Leeds United) of preventing the potential for disorder, if 5000 fans from Chelsea were present, was not an acceptable sum to be bourne by the Police.

The costs of Policing the game at the Stadium will be paid by Leeds United from the gate receipts but not those on land that is not owned or controlled by the Club.

Additional measures will be in place to further reduce the non recoverable costs in terms of the match arrangements and we would like to thank Chelsea for their assistance in these areas.
West Yorkshire Police chickening out again.... Just like they did for the Huddersfield game. P.s. It looks really silly when you lot play in front of an empty stand.

Marching

West Yorkshire Police chickening out again.... Just like they did for the Huddersfield game. P.s. It looks really silly when you lot play in front of an empty stand.
We're used to it. ;) Having said that the prices at ER play a big part in that.

Marching

I used to love the Leeds away days at Derby in the 70's and early 80's....great fun!

Marching

Here Marching, I'll have to try and get Olivier Dacourts autograph one day for you. He lives one minute away from where I work in Paris.
He was a good player for us...one of many to pass through the club.

I was just saying to my better half that we haven't been to Paris for a couple of years (last time was over Xmas 2 years ago) and that we should visit soon.

Marching

He was a constant threat and showed great energy for the 90 minutes....shame he played ;)

Marching

Good 2-0 win for us against Ipswich....

Leeds United moved to within four points of the Championship play-off places as they defeated Ipswich Town.

On-loan Jerome Thomas scored the first goal when he flicked the ball past Stephen Henderson following Tom Lees' flick-on from El-Hadji Diouf's corner.

Paul Green doubled Leeds's lead, firing in from a Thomas pass after he had been played in by ex-Town man David Norris.

Lee Martin and Michael Chopra both missed from close range as Ipswich lost for the first time in five games.

Marching

No love lost between Warnock & the fat Spanish waiter....

Rafael Benitez incurred the wrath of Warnock, then manager of Sheffield United, on the penultimate weekend of the 2006-07 season by selecting a weakened Liverpool team to face Fulham.

The Reds, due in Champions League final action 18 days later, lost as Fulham claimed what turned out to be their only victory in the final 12 games of the campaign.

Come the end of the season, it meant the Cottagers finished a point above the relegated Blades – to leave Warnock writing of his “hatred” for Benitez in his 2007 autobiography, Made in Sheffield.

Fast forward five-and-a-bit years and the two men will once again lock horns. However, when asked yesterday if his views on the Chelsea manager had changed in the intervening years, Warnock was unusually reticent.

“I don’t think I should get into that,” said the 64-year-old Leeds chief. “The last time I heard from Rafa, he was threatening to sue me on an email.

”I think it was his solicitor who was threatening legal action. I’ve got it (the e-mail) in a scrapbook at home.”

When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother "Who should I be?"
"Should I be Chelsea? Should I be Leeds?"
Here's what she said to me;
"Wash you mouth out son,
And go get your fathers gun,
And shoot the Chelsea scum
Shoot the Chelsea scum
We hate Chelsea, We hate Chelsea
We hate Chelsea, We hate Chelsea"

Marching

Football intelligence officers will be at Elland Road to spot troublemakers as Leeds play Chelsea for the first time in eight years.

Fans attending the quarter final cup tie are being urged by the club and police to be on their best behaviour.

Neil Warnock, Leeds manager, said: "I'm sure the fans will lift the decibels and create a tremendous atmosphere."

Banning orders will be imposed on anyone convicted of disorder around the game, West Yorkshire Police said.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police will work with West Yorkshire officers to identify any troublemakers, a spokesman said.

'Get behind teams'

Ch Supt Paul Money, the police commander for the fixture, said: "We want the focus of the day to be the action on the pitch and for it not to be overshadowed by violence or disorder."

A sell-out crowd of about 38,000 will watch Championship team Leeds play the Premier League giants in the Capital One Cup.

Warnock added: "I ask everyone - both sets of fans - to get behind their own team without any of the unwanted problems."

On police advice Leeds have closed the section that would normally have gone to away fans.

Marching

Need more than that Steve! Bradford proved upsets can happened when they dumped the goons out of the competition and we have already beaten Everton but I think this is the end of our road.

Marching

Good competitive first half by Leeds, then they were bum f***ed 2nd half by the rent boys.....
It was good to see Warnock had got the lads up for the game and like you say for the first 45 mins we did well but with the team El Gordo put out there was only ever going to be one winner and it wasn't us.

They will now go on to win the cup and Rafa will lap it up along with their shite fans...Roman surely has to start wondering whether a poxy meaningless cup is a decent return for the millions he's thrown at his shit little club.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
It was good to see Warnock had got the lads up for the game and like you say for the first 45 mins we did well but with the team El Gordo put out there was only ever going to be one winner and it wasn't us.

They will now go on to win the cup and Rafa will lap it up along with their shite fans...Roman surely has to start wondering whether a poxy meaningless cup is a decent return for the millions he's thrown at his shit little club.
And the other 10 or so trophies we have won since Leeds got relegated and became irrelevant!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
From the BBC...
The takeover of Championship club Leeds United by GFH Capital is set to be confirmed at an 11:30 GMT news conference at Elland Road.

The Dubai-based equity company will become a 100% shareholder.

Current owner Ken Bates is expected to remain as chairman until the end of the season, before becoming club president.

GFH executive David Haigh told the club website: "We are delighted, but also honoured and proud to be the new owners of Leeds United Football Club."

He took a place on the club's board earlier this month and will be joined by colleagues Salem Patel and Hisham Alrayes.

GFH has been supporting Leeds financially since entering into an exclusivity period to conclude negotiations about its proposed investment.

"We have had over 4,000 emails of support from fans and we have been overwhelmed by the reaction," Haigh added.

Marching

Been a while coming duffer but it's got to be good news....Bates laughing all the way to the bank with his £52 million in cash!

Feck off essex boy.

Marching

Good win against Boro today with an appearance from Davide Somma!

Good to see him play eh Murph?

Marching

I hate forest!

Good to see the name Somma on the scoresheet!

Marching

:lol: I expected you in here sooner...haven't you a little un to plan for rather than post crap pics? ;)

Have a great New Year Ret!

Marching

Well deserved win at Birmingham which gives us a home game against spurs in the next round.

Impressive following at St Andrews....out of the 8,962 fans at the game 1,547 were Leeds fans.