Leicester v United u23 - debut for Diallo?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hannibal's not ready yet given how much he's struggled against more physical, aggressive sides. Elanga might be ready, but I wouldn't expect him to get too many minutes at this time.
Left field but I think Hugil could be one to make it out of this crop over the next few seasons. When you think of what the first team needs. he’s obviously not near ready but if we don’t sign a physical striker and he keeps improving into next year then who knows...

croadyman

He'll start unless Ole plans on having him on the bench vs Fulham imo.
Yeah I think the fact he wasn't in the U23's tonight suggests Ole may be looking at utilising him against the scousers next Sun particularly with more substitutions available, however could see him travelling with the team to Fulham but not being in the matchday squad.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Left field but I think Hugil could be one to make it out of this crop over the next few seasons. When you think of what the first team needs. he’s obviously not near ready but if we don’t sign a physical striker and he keeps improving into next year then who knows...
I agree. Every time I've seen him, he's been dominant in the U23s. His physical attributes combined with his football intelligence as well as his underrated skill could see him get first-team minutes sooner than later.

On an unrelated note, Hannibal's starting to show his frustrations over the double standards by the ref. Leicester are getting away with their more physical, aggressive football, whilst Hannibal's getting punished for similar challenges.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
As usual, the underage matches often have officials who'd like to see United get kicked off the ground. Hannibal just got his ankle stamped on, but the Leicester player didn't even get a yellow.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Looks like Leicester are starting to get more aggressive with their challenges. They've put their foot into our players more often than before.

Other than that, we've been in control of the match. We've done a very good job of playing out of the back. Hannibal's been key in this with this quick passes and decent vision to spot them.
Amazed the Leicester lad didn't get a yellow for that cruncher on Hannibal

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
United have gotten the equaliser that they deserved. Once again, Hannibal and Elanga are involved. Elanga and Devine draw players in towards them, and Hannibal is found in lots of space in the midfield. Elanga plays a short pass to Hannibal, who, before he receives the pass, looks over his shoulder for a quick half a second to see his options. He then plays a pass out to Neville on the right flank after one touch. Neville then crosses the ball across the 6-yard box at pace, and the ball goes into the back of the net via a deflection off of a Leicester defender. If it didn't get deflected in, Elanga was right there to tap it in.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Mejbri has been excellent and imo the best player on the pitch.
When you compare this match to his previous one against Leicester, Hannibal's like a completely different player. Sure, he has had a moment of frustration, but he hasn't let it get to his head. He's also been looking over his shoulder way more often before getting a touch on the ball, which has helped him not only deal with the presses but also play some nice press-breaking passes. He's basically running the show and is stretching the pitch.

Elanga's been heavily involved, too, and he's been a big threat. Shoretire has struggled tonight. His touches have been intermittently loose, and as a result, he hasn't been getting as much of the ball. Kovar struggling early on has meant that our defence would drop very deep, which tends to give Leicester a good amount of space ahead of them, but we've done better in shutting the ball holder down.

We're on the up, but just like last time, Leicester will look for a quick start to the 2nd half. The players need to learn their lessons and ensure that they control the tempo, not Leicester. Retaining possession is of utmost importance.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Leicester will likely try and nullify Mejbri in the second half because the man marking hasn't helped he's been everywhere transitioning play from deeper to supporting the attackers. The only worry seems to be that he might get a red card soon because he seems to get frustrated easily and in trying to win the ball back he's too aggressive which is the biggest worry. But apart from that he's been excellent.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Just reading through this thread. Aren't Leicester usually rather thuggish?
They are, yeah, and they tend to get away with it, too. This time, however, our players have been way quicker with letting go of the ball, which has helped us in playing past their pressure and evading their challenges.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
When you compare this match to his previous one against Leicester, Hannibal's like a completely different player. Sure, he has had a moment of frustration, but he hasn't let it get to his head. He's also been looking over his shoulder way more often before getting a touch on the ball, which has helped him not only deal with the presses but also play some nice press-breaking passes. He's basically running the show and is stretching the pitch.

Elanga's been heavily involved, too, and he's been a big threat. Shoretire has struggled tonight. His touches have been intermittently loose, and as a result, he hasn't been getting as much of the ball. Kovar struggling early on has meant that our defence would drop very deep, which tends to give Leicester a good amount of space ahead of them, but we've done better in shutting the ball holder down.

We're on the up, but just like last time, Leicester will look for a quick start to the 2nd half. The players need to learn their lessons and ensure that they control the tempo, not Leicester. Retaining possession is of utmost importance.
I agree it's a big difference in his performance from what he showed previously against the same opposition. Leicester had Callum Hulme man marking him and the 20 year old has struggled to contain him in the first half.

lysglimt

Scout
Sorry Kovar - but this is the worst performance I have seen from a United-player in a long time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Jesus, we're gonna really struggle if we just concede every shot against us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Here we go again...yet another early concession against Leicester, especially when it came just after a very good Shoretire run. Once again, Kovar's at the centre of it all with his poor positioning (he was no-man's land and left vulnerable to a chip), but I'm surprised how easily Mengi Fish went to sleep there. He should have done way better with that goal kick.

Last edited:

NYAS

I came into this thread to comment on Kovar going AWOL for the 3rd they just scored (missed the 1st half) and find out he’s also been at fault for the other 2 we conceded? Wow

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
To make matters worse, Elanga falling on his shoulder has resulted in him having an issue with his collarbone. This most likely means that he'll be subbed off.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It sucks that we have barely any options on the bench. Helm has to come on for Elanga and play on the left, where he's not played that often.

EDIT: Never mind, he's playing on the right whilst Shoretire's on the left.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That's a real shame for Elanga. I hope he's ok, I think he deserves a cup appearance for the first team.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

It sucks that we have barely any options on the bench. Helm has to come on for Elanga and play on the left, where he's not played that often.

EDIT: Never mind, he's playing on the right whilst Shoretire's on the left.
Shoretire better on left. Helm will move right

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Refereeing at youth level really makes my blood boil.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Refereeing at youth level really makes my blood boil.
Especially when they don't give United the same leeway that they do to the opposition. It's as if they think that the United players are a bit too soft in general and go down a bit too easily.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
This is what happens when you have weak referees who just allow teams to get kicked
This is what worries me at the prospect of playing Diallo at this level, thugs seemingly have the right to break attacking players - the FA should look into his as it could ruin careers.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
United have struggled since Elanga went off. Hannibal's almost always getting double-teamed now that there's no proper wide player there. Shoretire's playing more inside with Hannibal coming out to the left to pick up the ball. As a result, Leicester have been able to win the ball more often off of Hannibal, and we've struggled to hold on.

We've done better with retaining possession on the right, especially with Helm staying wider to stretch the pitch.

lysglimt

Scout
Teden Mengi is so poor it's a joke. He is just standing there when Fish wins that header.