Leny Yoro

bosskeano

i'd say so as well b/c he only has 18 months left on his contract

DanClancy

He's got a year left on his contract as of this summer, good luck to Lille obtaining those figures.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Can see why you are targeting both him and Branthwaite. Sorry that the tweet is highlighting Branthwaite - the lad is an Everton fan but I remember this and how high Yoro was in the chart.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Yoro is an exceptional CB talent for his age. We should be interested. We should also expect clubs who can offer more success to be interested so dont get your hopes up

daba

Yoro and also Hato at Ajax both look like immense talents both at 17/18 years old. Would be interesting to pick up one of them alongside someone like Branthwaite, Todibo, Scalvini or Diomande.

davidmichael

It’s like Varane when he was at Lens all over again, hopefully with us getting the player this time though. If we brought in Yoro and Branthwaite whilst keeping Martinez we’d have a good core at centre back.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yoro and also Hato at Ajax both look like immense talents both at 17/18 years old. Would be interesting to pick up one of them alongside someone like Branthwaite, Todibo, Scalvini or Diomande.
No, just no

CM

Can see why you are targeting both him and Branthwaite. Sorry that the tweet is highlighting Branthwaite - the lad is an Everton fan but I remember this and how high Yoro was in the chart.
Todibo also ranking well there

bosskeano

It’s like Varane when he was at Lens all over again, hopefully with us getting the player this time though. If we brought in Yoro and Branthwaite whilst keeping Martinez we’d have a good core at centre back.
that would be a very good core of CB's moving forward however i don't think we need both and can't afford both given our needs at other spots

yes,...i would love to have one along with Martinez along with the young kid we already have Kambwala

davidmichael

that would be a very good core of CB's moving forward however i don't think we need both and can't afford both given our needs at other spots

yes,...i would love to have one along with Martinez along with the young kid we already have Kambwala
I think Ratcliffe and Ineos are going to want to make a big splash in the transfer market in the summer so signing both Yoro and Branthwaite isn’t out of the question.

We’ve seen respected journalists report that Ineos are willing to be ruthless in getting rid of players they deem deadwood or not worth the wages so it’s possible any of Varane, Maguire or Lindelof could be moved on at the end of the season.

Redivy

A lot of the top clubs could do with a quality centre back this summer. Besides us, you'd imagine Madrid, Barca and Bayern would all be interested.

Would be incredibly difficult for us to get Yoro.

Rojofiam

A lot of the top clubs could do with a quality centre back this summer. Besides us, you'd imagine Madrid, Barca and Bayern would all be interested.

I wanted to say this as well. Would be a huge statement signing but cannot see us getting him at this point.

Think he goes to Madrid.

Redivy

I wanted to say this as well. Would be a huge statement signing but cannot see us getting him at this point.

Think he goes to Madrid.
The good news is that it seems like there is quite a few highly talented centre backs coming through at the moment.

Yoro
Silva
Diamonde
Branthwaite
Scalvini

I think Scalvini is nailed on to stay in the Serie A, but you would think it is viable for United to get one of the others. Antonio Silva I think is arguably the most talented.

bosskeano

I think Ratcliffe and Ineos are going to want to make a big splash in the transfer market in the summer so signing both Yoro and Branthwaite isn’t out of the question.

We’ve seen respected journalists report that Ineos are willing to be ruthless in getting rid of players they deem deadwood or not worth the wages so it’s possible any of Varane, Maguire or Lindelof could be moved on at the end of the season.
i certainly hope the feck they do.....we haven't had ruthless since Fergie

Rojofiam

The good news is that it seems like there is quite a few highly talented centre backs coming through at the moment.

Yoro
Silva
Diamonde
Branthwaite
Scalvini

I think Scalvini is nailed on to stay in the Serie A, but you would think it is viable for United to get one of the others. Antonio Silva I think is arguably the most talented.
Diomandé would be my guy from your list (if Yoro is impossible), but haven't seen any footage from Scalvini, to be honest. I always subconsciously dismiss Italian players as we almost never sign them. :lol: Same with Germans.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if we postponed a new LCB signing by 1 year to 2025 and focus on right footed defenders.

RoyH1

We should just get Anders Christensen and Amedeo Carboni, and we’d be set for years.
I'd imagine you're thinking of Andreas Christensen from Barcelona, right?
I think we should be in for him. Barcelona can only sell Barsa Studios 3 or 4 times and they've sold it twice over already so they need the liquidity. He'd be a good pickup at what should be a lower price than Yoro will command (read that both Madrid and PSG are very interested)

Bondi77

We have big Willy.
He is going to shake it up...big style!

Grande

I'd imagine you're thinking of Andreas Christensen from Barcelona, right?
I think we should be in for him. Barcelona can only sell Barsa Studios 3 or 4 times and they've sold it twice over already so they need the liquidity. He'd be a good pickup at what should be a lower price than Yoro will command (read that both Madrid and PSG are very interested)
Yes, sorry, Andreas. Was shocked to find he’s only 27, as I thought he must be in his thirties, having been around Chelsea almost a decade. He couldn’t nail a place at Chelsea, I ‘ve not seen much in his outings for them and Denmark to convince me that he will improve our list of CBs

Red_toad

Our incredibly cunning ploy is to make the chuckle brothers available, so we can sacrifice them and buy some decent prospects to replace them.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Wasn’t overly impressed by him last night. I thought his positioning especially for corners etc was not great. He’s a big lad, he needs to use that advantage more

that said I haven’t seen a lot of him so perhaps I haven’t seen him properly yet

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s the one. But will likely go elsewhere. But I think he’s the pick of the youngsters in his role.