Leon Bailey coming to the premier league.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like we've agreed a deal with Leverkusen to sign him for first big signing of the post Grealish era here at B6. :nervous:

Excited to get this type of player in, reminds me of when we got Carew in 2007. Leverkusen doing their usual, getting some productive seasons out of him and now sell him for profit to premier league club so good one all round for both parties.

I remember first following him when he was linked with playing for England and was also getting likes of Chelsea watching him. Obviously hasn't kicked on to those heights but think he scored about 14 for Leverkusen in Bundesliga and Europa league last season so for a team that's just finished 11th I struggle to see a better signing for out wide. We'll need another one of that standard in next few weeks given what's coming.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Trying to feel better after losing your prodigal son is admirable.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I remember Bailey being highly rated 3 or 4 years ago, haven't heard anything of him since then though

dr.twinny

Great move for him. Last season was somewhat of a return to form for him after many injury niggles, but I'm really keen to see if he can take the next step.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good signing. Bailey, Buendia, Watkins + one other(?) is a really good attack for a side like Villa. Whilst none are close to the individual level of Grealish, the sum of the attack becomes a lot stronger — assuming all hit the ground running.

Just to toot my own horn from a thread in 2016:
From the Belgian league, two Genk youngsters named Wilfred Ndidi and Leon Bailey will most certainly be making big moves sometime soon.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
That frontline of Bailey Smith-Rowe Buendia feeding Watkins is looking pretty good. They could be a surprise this year !

ChaddyP

Can't wait. So happy for him to showcase himself in the best league in the world. Will be watching villa games a lot this season

Dazzmondo

Absolutely great player in Bundesliga. If he can translate it to the Premier League he'll be an exciting player to watch. Between him and Buendia, Villa have brought in some fantastic replacements for Grealish. Not sure if either is quite as good as Grealish but when you consider the impact they'll both have combined Villa have done well.

Castia

Interesting deal this could be a brilliant signing for Villa

Blood Mage

Talented player and left-footed, can see him at a top club one day. I doubt we'll be in for him if Amad develops in the way we want him to though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I mean the trajectory Leverkusen -> Villa kind of says it all.

RedTiger

Half mast
Looks like we've agreed a deal with Leverkusen to sign him for first big signing of the post Grealish era here at B6. :nervous:

Excited to get this type of player in, reminds me of when we got Carew in 2007. Leverkusen doing their usual, getting some productive seasons out of him and now sell him for profit to premier league club so good one all round for both parties.

I remember first following him when he was linked with playing for England and was also getting likes of Chelsea watching him. Obviously hasn't kicked on to those heights but think he scored about 14 for Leverkusen in Bundesliga and Europa league last season so for a team that's just finished 11th I struggle to see a better signing for out wide. We'll need another one of that standard in next few weeks given what's coming.
That's a great signing for you lot.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's a mediocre player at best!

Some people have been raving about him for 4 years plus in here yet he's offered absolutely nothing (I notice someone on this thread has tried to insinuate that signing for Villa is a 'big move' :lol: ).

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
United would sell for 25M and that'd be a good piece of business for Villa if Lingard could continue his West Ham form
And he's been twice the player that Bailey has in the past 6 months.

DWelbz19

Some people have been raving about him for 4 years plus in here yet he's offered absolutely nothing (I notice someone on this thread has tried to insinuate that signing for Villa is a 'big move' :lol: ).
All he needs is half a season of good PR in the PL and he’ll be a top 6 target in no time.
And he's been twice the player that Bailey has in the past 6 months.
He’s also 5 years older and is most certainly on double the wage, at the very least. He’s also a number 10, whilst Leon Bailey is a winger. Let’s think before we post a little.

ChaddyP

if this is for me its solely because i am jamaican and im happy to see another Jamaican in the EPL. Playing in the EPL is big for us. Nobody give a rats ass about german footy

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Good signing. Bailey, Buendia, Watkins + one other(?) is a really good attack for a side like Villa. Whilst none are close to the individual level of Grealish, the sum of the attack becomes a lot stronger — assuming all hit the ground running.

Just to toot my own horn from a thread in 2016:
Credit where it’s due that’s a good shout!

James Peril

That frontline of Bailey Smith-Rowe Buendia feeding Watkins is looking pretty good. They could be a surprise this year !
Funny. But the thing is, Villa really should be aiming at beating Arsenal this year, they nearly did last season. Arsenal, what an absolute shitshow

James Peril

Erm good player but not at great..

Quite surprised at all the praise. Seems excessive.
I highly, highly doubt you have ever seen him play a full game with focus on him. And if you did, I doubt even more that you’ve seen him play more than 2-3 times in total. In other words, let’s see what happens with the player. He’s a very fun player and he’s going to like playing for Villa, but the level is higher and he’s going to have ups and downs like most other players.

TheReligion

Abusive
I highly, highly doubt you have ever seen him play a full game with focus on him. And if you did, I doubt even more that you’ve seen him play more than 2-3 times in total. In other words, let’s see what happens with the player. He’s a very fun player and he’s going to like playing for Villa, but the level is higher and he’s going to have ups and downs like most other players.
I'm not sure what this means but anyway. A good player. This is all.

The way some are going on they'd signed Pele.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
I remember Bailey being highly rated 3 or 4 years ago, haven't heard anything of him since then though
Feel like Bosz did not like him at all. When he came in Bailey got taken out a lot. I think Bosz is very specific about players that he thinks are "good", or pretty stuck in a certain type of way players have to fill in their roles. He probably could have done better either way, but I think there could be a gem in here still.

DWelbz19

I'm not sure what this means but anyway. A good player. This is all.

The way some are going on they'd signed Pele.
Wrong thread. You’re looking for the one about Man City signing Jack Grealish.