Leroy Sane - Bayern Munich Player

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Poor first half but probably Bayern‘s best attacker in the second. I had the feeling that if something can happen it might be through him.

Pep's Suit

His mentality and approach were always questionable when he was at City. I think he will be a very good player for Bayern for next 6-7 years but will never fulfil his potential.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
For all the criticism, he had his fullback beaten effortlessly so many times.
That is was Douglas Costa is capable of as well. What happens afterwards is the problem: poor decision making. Combine that with lazy dispossession and you have a pretty useless mixture for a top club.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Pep's system can make anyone look better than he actually is, this is what happens when you play on a team with such quality at all positions and that produces so many chances.

Still a good player but quite obviously not the world class player he was hailed as a few years ago.

That is was Douglas Costa is capable of as well. What happens afterwards is the problem: poor decision making. Combine that with lazy dispossession and you have a pretty useless mixture for a top club.
Textbook Coman as well. Skin the fullback and then sky it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There is something about him that reminds me of Willian sometimes. Probably a bit harsh, but there you go.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Some of his decision-making last night was horrendous. That one at the end when he basically passed it to the keeper despite the fact that Muller - I think it was him, anyway - was completely on his own, was awful. Basically summed up his whole night.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Pep's system can make anyone look better than he actually is, this is what happens when you play on a team with such quality at all positions and that produces so many chances.

Still a good player but quite obviously not the world class player he was hailed as a few years ago.
The problem isn't the system, Sane even lost his starting spot under Pep and its largely due to his work ethics and menatility, it's like Kroos once said about him for Germany that it seems at times he just isn't all that interested. He has the talent and seem like a player who can adjust but it's mindset is what is holding him back.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Has always had probably the most frustrating trait a winger can have: if a ball is anything other than perfectly to his feet, even a cross-field pass, he stops, watches it go out of play and waves his arms as if he's entitled to no less than 100% accurate passes. Definitely needs to cut that out.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He is really, really good, IMO. Even last night, which perhaps was not his best game, the main issue he had was the lack of a proper striker to play with. His ball control and ability to beat a man are top class. In the first leg as well, the PSG defence could not really cope with him. You put Lewandowski in that team instead of Chupa-Chups (ridiculous that Bayern do not have a better backup) and they win that tie over the two legs comfortably. and Sane would have been praised for assisting a few goals.

TsuWave

Not really been following him since he went to Bayern but just watched the highlights and looked very good. Still only 26

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not really been following him since he went to Bayern but just watched the highlights and looked very good. Still only 26
I think he's put his attitude problems behind him and knuckled down after a bit of a dressing down in his early Bayern days. He's a phenomenal footballer and not just pace like many think, coming into his prime in a great team.

Boavista

I don't watch every Bayern game obviously, but from what I've seen Sane's really turned it around this season after a disappointing first one. He's become a pivotal player in that team, frequently taking up a much more central position on the field relative to his days at City, or his past season when he mostly played on the right? Goes to show that needing time to adjust to a new team isn't something that only happens in the Premier League :wenger:

Likewise Coman's dribbling has always been good, but I get the impression that he's progressively become more and more dominant on the field over the last few seasons, and improved his decision making. Gnabry on the other hand wasn't as menacing today apart from scoring that goal of course. But then again there were a number of occasions where he helped out at the back in a position where Pavard should have been, unless my pixelated stream deceived me. I guess it makes sense when playing that formation, but it might rob Gnabry of some of his attacking threat.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd be better in the CL after playing my whole season in the Bundesliga than playing the whole season in the PL then having to take it up against the best teams in the CL.

Average player.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'd be better in the CL after playing my whole season in the Bundesliga than playing the whole season in the PL then having to take it up against the best teams in the CL.

Average player.
I guess he needs to go to the PL to prove himself

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Average player.
Are you drunk?

Chief123

Would take him in a heartbeat. But just don’t see us getting him.

Chief123

It would be awesome, but price, wages and the 'step down' for a lack of better word from Bayern to United make this a non starter, I think
The only positives would be he’s probably not going to be getting much game time at bayern and hopefully he enjoyed his stay in Manchester. It’s a long shot but muppets can hope.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He's garbage. One of the biggest flops I've seen play for Bayern in recent years. His knee injury combined to his footballing 'brain' bring him down. Could have been something special.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
he has a city tattoo ffs :lol:
It's not just a city tattoo. It's covers his whole fecking back. @Damien summed it up pretty well in the other thread years ago:

Person: "What's that tattoo of?"
Sane: "It's of me celebrating a goal in the Champions League."
Person: "Really? Was it the winning goal?"
Sane: "No, someone else scored before me but I thought it was a pretty cool moment."
Person: "What kind of goal was it?"
Sane: "A tap-in."
Person: "Who was it against?"
Sane: "Monaco."
Person: "Oh. At least it was in the final, right?"
Sane: "No."
Person: "Semi final?"
Sane: "No..."
Person: "Quarter final?"
Sane: "No. Last 16."
Person: "Ah. I'm guessing you made it to the quarters though, right?"
Sane: "Nah, we lost the second leg."

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not just a city tattoo. It's covers his whole fecking back. @Damien summed it up pretty well in the other thread years ago:

Sane: "No, someone else scored before me but I thought it was a pretty cool moment."
Class :lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

:lol:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
It's more a tattoo of himself which unfortunately and inaccurately depicts a full Ethiad stadium.
It was a tattoo of him wearing a city shirt but he got the badge covered up when he left for Bayern :lol:

saflegend

We should seriously go after him! There’s only 1 year left on his contract after this season…

He's playing on a level this season I haven’t seen before…absolutely ridiculous.
Def best winger itw this season.

Do it Ten Haag.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
We should seriously go after him! There’s only 1 year left on his contract after this season…

He's playing on a level this season I haven’t seen before…absolutely ridiculous.
Def best winger itw this season.

Do it Ten Haag.
Yeah right, now that he looks like he has finally truly arrived, we'll just let him leave so you can make him Sancho 2.0 :D
Obviously I don't know what our board in its infinite wisdom will decree, but rumours are that an extension is wanted by all parties.

STYLOISRED

Classic end of contract form. We made that mistake with Rashford let's not do it again with this guy even though I'm a fan

ROFLUTION

Im a bit vary signing players from lesser leagues if they’re not 100% hungry.

it just rarely fits well with a high tempo league like the Premier League. You gotta really want it and do it in every game and not have a fragile mindset.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Im a bit vary signing players from lesser leagues if they’re not 100% hungry.

it just rarely fits well with a high tempo league like the Premier League. You gotta really want it and do it in every game and not have a fragile mindset.
You realize Sane has played in the PL, right?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You realize Sane has played in the PL, right?
As is caf etiquette he used the word league as many times as possible, but I think we should actually be talking about clubs - as in: what does it say about a player and his motivation if he leaves a functioning teams and joins a lesser club for money?