Let's all laugh at England

Bondi77

Depends on whether you had reason to. Would not supporting, or disliking, their national team make you a ‘supposed’ fan of their club? Of course it fecking wouldn’t. They’re distinct entities.

Do Portugal fans have a history of racially abusing or burning effigies of Porto or Benfica players?
I wouldn't support a club and then put shite on the national team of where the club is based but that is just me.
If you are are talking about Portugal fans abusing other players at other clubs then that is club rivalry in the way we shite on Pool and Citeh and that always happens.

croadyman

Death, taxes, England choking. :lol: :lol: :lol: Has the penalty ball landed home yet?
Oh yeah it's hilarious laughing at our nations misfortune isn't it. Least he had the bottle to take it unlike some in the past.

kaku06

Vulgarian
They arent taught about anything in schools about their empire, they think its jealousy. :lol:
Amazingly true. Whenever they are pointed out about their wrongs or are laughed at they think the whole world is jealous of them. :lol:

kaku06

Vulgarian
Oh yeah it's hilarious laughing at our nations misfortune isn't it. Least he had the bottle to take it unlike some in the past.
What the feck is this shit? Emotional blackmailing? :lol: I guess you were saying the same thing about other “let’s all laugh at” threads.

croadyman

I'm not laughing at England, as a French fan, they really outplayed us and it's cruel to see them go out this way, but again....couldn't be happier it worked out this way, but this was not what I would consider a deserved win. England will win an international trophy soon, I definitely feel they are closer than they've ever been since I've been aware of international football.
It's always two years or four years too early for England teams,then you get that your time will come BS from the opposition but it never does.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Days like this reminds me how thankful I should be that it’s an Irish site not an English one.:lol: Just Imagine caf being one. It would be more controlled than North Korea if Ingurrrlanddd got laughed at. Thank you @Niall for being Irish.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The most zany aspect of this is that Kane saved England from the agony of a penalty shootout by missing a penalty. I mean, in an alternate universe England go to penos. I don’t think they win that way
Found Dr Strange's Caf account.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I see we've entered the gatekeeping of English clubs phase of the salt period. Happens every time England get knocked out of a tournament. "Why are you laughing at England when you support United?". :lol:

The Euro one was the funniest as any poster who laughed at England was labeled a United hater because our boys(Rashford and Sancho) missed their penalties.

This is why England losing always produce classic on these boards, the salt is always unmatched. :lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Days like this reminds me how thankful I should be that it’s an Irish site not an English one.:lol: Just Imagine caf being one. It would be more controlled than North Korea if Ingurrrlanddd got laughed at. Thank you @Niall for being Irish.
Imagine if this forums was created and regulated by @Religion. :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Give it to Ole.

Oles at the wheel.
Honestly I think that he would do a better job. He also has a better CV as well. Not that I rate Ole but jeez Southgate's career is dire. He was an average player/bottler as a player and he turned to be a mediocre manager as well. The only reason he's managing England is because he's English.

DevilRed

Honestly I think that he would do a better job. He also has a better CV as well. Not that I rate Ole but jeez Southgate's career is dire. He was an average player/bottler as a player and he turned to be a mediocre manager as well. The only reason he's managing England is because he's English.
Sadly our FA didn't see this after the Euros.

We should have changed managers then and there. Might have done better in the WC.

Pickle85

Weird that what should be a lighthearted thread never fails to descend into jibes about imperialism and unrelated YouGov polls from 8 years ago. Some seem to have a real chip on their shoulder. I don't mind the good nature banter at all...we are serial bottle jobs despite being a nation of football fanatics, but some of the usual suspects, as ever, find a way to give their own prejudices an airing (@Ramshock I'm looking at you).

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sadly our FA didn't see this after the Euros.

We should have changed managers then and there. Might have done better in the WC.
England lack top quality managers. The few half decent managers they have (Howe and Potter) are in a decent job which means that the only top managers England can get are foreign. Its a shame that when they took that option they went to Serie A managers. Sure they were the best of the crop back then but these managers were used to a system were everyone fed into their egos and players were brought up thinking they were pawns in a chess game were the manager is some sort of grand maestro. Such hard line attitude would have never stuck into England especially at that time.

If you ask me England should go for a manager whom, while being foreigner, he also have ample experience of England, the EPL and of course the culture. I am referring to the likes of Conte or Tuchel

stoinz

There is this Harry Maguire meme going round with Gangsta paradise in the background. What is the link between this and the song?

Pickle85

Uh-oh, people have started taking it seriously.
In fairness, some of the posts about empire and the like are a bit weird. It's a shameful part of our past...millions of people died and suffered. Not really lighthearted fodder for banter, is it? In a 'laugh about Germany' thread you'd (absolutely correctly) not find any jibes about the nazis.

Roy'sMagicHat

I watched it in the middle of Camden St and it was 50 50.
I’m out in Swords and you’d actually be forgiven for thinking that Ireland were after winning a game. Tops off, lads jumping in huddles.

Strange when you look back on what France did to us!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
If you ask me England should go for a manager whom, while being foreigner, he also have ample experience of England, the EPL and of course the culture. I am referring to the likes of Conte or Tuchel
Jose says hi ;)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
In fairness, some of the posts about empire and the like are a bit weird. It's a shameful part of our past...millions of people died and suffered. Not really lighthearted fodder for banter, is it? In a 'laugh about Germany' thread you'd (absolutely correctly) not find any jibes about the nazis.
There's a nation, whose fans persistently sing about the world wars and whose coach talked about some spirit of "people trying to invade us" . I can't remember which though. Maybe you can help me out?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Let me put it this way:
If I had a liking for Porto or Benfica and Portugal were knocked out of a tournament would it seem strange for me to start or contribute to a thread titled "Let's all laugh at Portugal" on their respective sites?
How does the fact that the "Let's all laugh at Holland" thread was created by a Dutch poster factor into that theory?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good morning to all non England fans. What a great morning it is :drool:

Name Changed

weso26
I’m out in Swords and you’d actually be forgiven for thinking that Ireland were after winning a game. Tops off, lads jumping in huddles.

Strange when you look back on what France did to us!
Perhaps it was because I was in the Camden Exchange which is a bit hippier than most pubs around there, plus there were a few English around.

Regardless history dictates that in general Irish people are not going to want England to win. A handball by Thierry won't change that!

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
You never won anything without Southgate, what has remained consistent however is immediately blaming managers for failing to deliver some apparently predestined trophy. Maybe, just maybe the English players while very good aren't quite on the level that the media have hyped them to be.
This team is good enough to win a trophy - but need the right manager. Why we ever even considered Southgate is beyond me. Strange appointment.

Oh and the media bit, of course they are going to hype them up. It's what the media does and what they are for, and will always do. Just ignore it.

Bondi77

How does the fact that the "Let's all laugh at Holland" thread was created by a Dutch poster factor into that theory?
What site was it posted on?
I hope the question clears that up for you.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Every 2 years a couple of us fall for the bait and get sucked into stupid fecking tribal arguments with Irish trolls.
To be fair it's normally just the @TheReligion who takes these threads personally.

Most England fans are fine. They were really good yesterday so shouldn't be too down about it, missing a penalty can happen to any team.