Its going to rome :D

:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
@Mods delete or merge this thread with the other one.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Supporting an English club, supporting man united and 2 united players missing a pen and celebrating. Wow. Just wow.

croadyman

Supporting an English club, supporting man united and 2 united players missing a pen and celebrating. Wow. Just wow.
Well said some of this lot need disowning from our fanbase for laughing at our own players so who is with me

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yeah this is utter bullshit you should be ashamed of yourself. Pathetic stuff.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
The only reason a lot of people are against England is because the fans, when they starting saying is coming home with 2 games to go turns off a lot of people, we don’t see the Germans or the Italians saying is coming home during WCs because they know the ball is round and everything could happen in a game, celebrate after you win not before.

FatTails

Rashford and Sancho missing their penalties took away from the joy to be honest. It’s still hilarious, but with a tinge of guilt and regret.

Red00012

The only reason a lot of people are against England is because the fans, when they starting saying is coming home with 2 games to go turns off a lot of people, we don’t see the Germans or the Italians saying is coming home during WCs because they know the ball is round and everything could happen in a game, celebrate after you win not before.
The players are a likeable bunch to be fair , I have sympathy towards Saka as well as obviously the Utd players , it’s the scummy fans (minority ) and the media that deserve this .

Theonas

Scout
Do people really think the English are serious when they sing that song? Or are there really people like that who genuinely think it was coming home? I always took it as a classic bit of British self deprecation like when British fans will sing "we will score 5" after going 4 goals down, that seems to be lost in translation.

Irwin99

Do people really think the English are serious when they sing that song? Or are there really people like that who genuinely think it was coming home? I always took it as a classic bit of British self deprecation like when British fans will sing "we will score 5" after going 4 goals down, that seems to be lost in translation.
Is it really taken or understood in that spirit though? I mean, people play REM's 'The One I Love' at weddings when it's a song so obviously about dumping people/using them :lol:

Theonas

Scout
Is it really taken or understood in that spirit though? I mean, people play REM's 'The One I Love' at weddings when it's a song so obviously about dumping people/using them :lol:
Apparently! :lol: Why all the hate if it weren't taken in that spirit?

croadyman

For the final time this song is nothing to do with thinking we are going to win it more so the fact we hosted Euro 96

Suedesi

Sure, it's coming home is lost in translation. So is booing the national anthem. The racist abuse directed at their own players. The smashing of town centers whenever/wherever England plays. The arrogance and overrating of the English media and pundits. The xenophobia. Everything associated with the English national team is lost in translation. Clearly.

Theonas

Scout
Sure, it's coming home is lost in translation. So is booing the national anthem. The racist abuse directed at their own players. The smashing of town centers whenever/wherever England plays. The arrogance and overrating of the English media and pundits. The xenophobia. Everything associated with the English national team is lost in translation. Clearly.
The song is lost in translation, I think from my own experience at least with the English. Booing the national anthem is hardly an English thing, it's pretty evenly spread out and so is the racist abuse. I would actually say at least the English condemn it the most compared to some other nations. The violence is indeed an English problem. It's vile and savage and I don't understand why it doesn't get the same attention as other types of thuggery. The English media is no worse or better than its counterparts, they are ridiculous in their pessimism and optimism. They need to sell and only hysteria and over-dramatization sells. It's the age of recording instinct emotions second by second and reporting the maniacal reaction that follows. It, just so happens that the English have the highest reach, their language is heard in more places so they stand out, but to me they just represent the epitome of a widespread journalistic culture. As for the xenophobia, I really don't know if it's any bigger over there than anywhere else these times as there seems to be a wave of that wherever you look but of course when the bully from yesteryear is at it again, it probably carries an extra bitter taste.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Dude, that's been part of football for decades. You can't get sensitive to stuff like that.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I can like certain thing from a country and still want it to lose international tournaments. Not sure how supporting Manutd requires us to like England as well? Also no one celebrating penalty miss from United players.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
For the final time this song is nothing to do with thinking we are going to win it more so the fact we hosted Euro 96
Yes that is the original message of the song but the select lines that are constantly sang suggest the meaning has changed for fans. Imagine a random Italian bloke in the crowd... he hasn't heard the song before, only knows the chant. How does that come across?

Also, maybe this started as a self-deprecating joke but by the end of this tournament, it became so much more. But now that England got beat, it's a self-deprecating song again / or it's about the original meaning. No, just stop :nono:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I can like certain thing from a country and still want it to lose international tournaments. Not sure how supporting Manutd requires us to like England as well? Also no one celebrating penalty miss from United players.
Personally I think it’s okay to not support England and support united, but I think it’s really weird to come into a united forum, laugh at the resident England fans (keep crying etc), especially when two united players missed the penalties.

I just think if it was me I’d quietly be happy and I wouldn’t go on a WUM to wind up English united fans, but that’s just me. You do you.

Also I posted that straight after the match where I was highly drunk and emotional, I don’t care half as much now. :lol:

Posh Red

Yes that is the original message of the song but the select lines that are constantly sang suggest the meaning has changed for fans. Imagine a random Italian bloke in the crowd... he hasn't heard the song before, only knows the chant. How does that come across?

Also, maybe this started as a self-deprecating joke but by the end of this tournament, it became so much more. But now that England got beat, it's a self-deprecating song again / or it's about the original meaning. No, just stop :nono:
Surely you’re not suggesting the fans got over-excited about their national team getting to their first final in fifty-five years?

The cheek of them!

Pickle85

Not sure why some are so eager to paint the whole 'it's coming home' thing as deadly serious. Anyone that lives here should be able to tell that for the vast majority it was tongue in cheek. Anyway, we fell at the final hurdle but at least we were there. No issue with Italians taking the piss but it seems odd to see fans from other countries that underachieved even more getting in on the action! I was proud we made a final at last...it didn't go our way. It happens. Glad we got there though.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I assume the same logic applies for 2018?
As others have said, it's just the most popular and iconic song. Anyone using it as a claim for arrogance (and god knows there's plenty of better stuff to use) is clutching at straws and clearly hasn't even listened to the lyrics.

Dante

Average bang
The lyric isn't "the cup is going to be won by England".

It's "football's coming home".

Think about the word choice and why one was chosen over the other. As well as the context of the other lyrics in the song.

In Europe, people surely can't think that The Rolling Stones song Brown Sugar was about demerera?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Surely you’re not suggesting the fans got over-excited about their national team getting to their first final in fifty-five years?

The cheek of them!
Not at all. I'm suggesting that this is not a self-deprecating song when used as a chant.

big rons sovereign

How dare the English fans have an anthem? How very dare they.

And as for sweet Caroline, disgusting. Singing about touching me, touching you, In a pandemic!
Disgusting. Yes, England fans should have to stay quiet and never sing or enjoy actually reaching a final, or semi final or dream that they might actually win something.

Waving England flags in support? Shocking arrogance.
A nation getting behind their team, it's unheard of, I've never seen the likes of it anywhere. No other country supports their team. It would just be weird.

big rons sovereign

Not at all. I'm suggesting that this is not a self-deprecating song when used as a chant.
It is, and why shouldn't they use it. Nobody's stopping anybody else using it.
Funny how it's ok for Italy to use 'its coming rome'
Oh yeah, that's just 'banter'