Let's play Mystic Meg.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The current CAF lovechild is Ten Haag. Summer of 2022 and Ten Haag comes in gives all the good talk. The CAF creams themselves over how "THIS is what a Man Utd manager must sound like he'll get the team playing well" "Can't wait until we're playing free flowing football"

*6-10 games in and see little improvements but overall team is still shite.

Man Utd forum threads:
  • Who actually rates Ten Haag
  • Ten Haag sack watch
  • What had Ten Haag actually done before Man Utd
  • Ten Haag's achievements are overblown.
  • Next Man Utd Manager 2022
  • Haaland is over rated
Posts from various posters.
  • Never rated him anyway
  • Ten Haag never makes a sub, he's just as inept as Ralf and Ole
  • Should have got Poch instead.
  • I'm starting to think Ten Haag doesn't actually know what he's doing and we should've just signed Conte when we had the chance

yipthatman

My tea leaves are telling me that he will probably fail, it seems anyone that comes in struggles, players and staff.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am wondering will i even be alive when we win something major again like the PL or CL.

Idxomer

I honestly think he would have failed too. RR has absolutely no experience managing top players. You needed a manager like Allgeri or Conte, someone with clout and takes no shit.
Conte was my choice to come right away, the board really messed that one up.

I think we need a clear-out now in terms of the squad now, a young manager could come then.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If that one poster is still here there'll also be a thread titled "There isn't a rule specifying players must be human, imagine a team of lions".

yipthatman

Conte was the man and it will hurt even more when he gets 4th. That's what the tea leaves are telling me anyway.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Conte was my choice to come right away, the board really messed that one up.

I think we need a clear-out now in terms of the squad now, a young manager could come then.
I think you need a *intrim* to clear out who you don’t want then appoint that younger guy.

yipthatman

he seemed to embrace the players you should be looking to replace.
That's a good point. I cling to the hope that Ten Hag will come in and save us but my brain tells me that in reality, what ever happens it wont be pretty. Why would it?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He has absolutely no experience managing a club like United , none.
And it’s a United side that hasn’t had a manager at the level it should have since about 2013.

If Ten Hag took over City this summer, they’d be smooth sailing. If he took over us I’d be extremely surprised if he was a success

klsv

It's really easy actually. None of the managers after Fergie were good enough and this also shows when you look at our recruitment during those years. Now we need a manager who plays attacking football and has enough balls to drop players that some of the managers have seen untouchable. Sell those who don't like the new system and sell the driftwood. Then the new manager will discover that the squad is very thin, although we get in two or three players who improve us. We will reach the holy grail of CL football and it's time to improve some more! So the new manager has two choices. First is the Ole style. He can accept that we won't be getting enough improvements in the right areas in, the team will have a meltdown and will be sacked sometime in between December and early March. Second option is the Conte style. Start demanding more from the board, go public, fall out with the Glazers and get sacked in the summer.

DickDastardly

The current CAF lovechild is Ten Haag. Summer of 2022 and Ten Haag comes in gives all the good talk. The CAF creams themselves over how "THIS is what a Man Utd manager must sound like he'll get the team playing well" "Can't wait until we're playing free flowing football"

Man Utd forum threads:
  • Ten Haag sack watch
  • Haaland is over rated
  • Never rated him anyway
  • I'm starting to think Ten Haag doesn't actually know what he's doing and we should've just signed Conte when we had the chance
OK Meg.

I'll take "things that will never happen for 500".

Simply put - when the coach who is upcoming in this world comes, we will see the difference.

Ole wasn't it.
Jose way past it.
Lvg dinosaur.
Moyes not it either.

I'd wager a lot that Ten Hag or Potter would do good here.
And by good i mean win us a title in 3 years time.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
OK Meg.

I'll take "things that will never happen for 500".

Simply put - when the coach who is upcoming in this world comes, we will see the difference.

Ole wasn't it.
Jose way past it.
Lvg dinosaur.
Moyes not it either.

I'd wager a lot that Ten Hag or Potter would do good here.
And by good i mean win us a title in 3 years time.
Potter. :lol:

Potter is just the latest British manager flavour of the month. Eddie Howe got this treatment too. Now look.

DickDastardly

Potter. :lol:

Potter is just the latest British manager flavour of the month. Eddie Howe got this treatment too. Now look.
The man brought a 4th tier Swedish team to first league and into the Europa league also managing to beat Arsenal in that competition.

With. A. Swedish. 4th tier. Team.

Also, Brighton play some good footy. Better then us that's for sure.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Man Utd forum threads:
  • Ten Haag sack watch
  • Haaland is over rated
  • Never rated him anyway
Yup.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I give it at least another 5 years. More realistically probably 10.
Depressingly, if you made me an offer that United would win a minimum of one title in 5-10 years, but no titles sooner, I would shake on it. We’re as far away as we have been post-Ferguson. There’s a lot of good players in our squad, but it is highly bloated and very confused.

We’re still early days on the Liverpool 30-seasons-wait wheel. At least for Arsenal, they are 18 years in by now

reddyornot

Looking at the title I thought you wanted to play Mystic Meg, stick her in midfield.
Can't be any worse then what's there.

Marquee Moon

I am wondering will i even be alive when we win something major again like the PL or CL.
No you won't. I don't need to know how old you are either. The club is a spent force. There's terrible old players getting lucrative extensions, we refuse to promote any youngsters because heaven forbid that they play better than the terrible oldies on crazy contracts. Who is going to change what is wrong. The fans just love it when Mata gets his latest extension. I've wondered if Mata doesn't operate hundreds of accounts on this forum. It wouldn't surprise me. Or maybe the mindless masses really are so stupid. Even when Matic got his last extension there was a good reception around here I noticed.
The club will do what the fans want over what is right. You can tell that the Glazers are susceptible to the influence of the masses. But so are the managers. Solksjaer virtually did everything the fans wanted and everything was fine until this season. When everyone said pay what it takes to sign Maguire and AWB, that's what Solksjaer did. He signed some strikers in their mid thirties because he knows you all fcuking love it. Woody was exactly the same. He had no idea about football but he could read the fan forums and he wanted to be popular. Of course that will always end in failure. But staying popular with the fans and garnering good feedback can postpone the day of reckoning when the chickens come home to roost. I really do believe the club is being run by the majority on redcafe. There is no one within the club that is capable of thinking for himself, and it won't change.
For a manager to come in and attain success he will need to make precisely the kind of moves this forum will hate. Over and over again. Can you imagine the vitriol, the overwhelming sense of doom and hatred that would ensue. The club wouldn't hack it. The club would give in to the fans and sack that manager. The club is doomed to failure.

rollingstoned1

No you won't. I don't need to know how old you are either. The club is a spent force. There's terrible old players getting lucrative extensions, we refuse to promote any youngsters because heaven forbid that they play better than the terrible oldies on crazy contracts. Who is going to change what is wrong. The fans just love it when Mata gets his latest extension. I've wondered if Mata doesn't operate hundreds of accounts on this forum. It wouldn't surprise me. Or maybe the mindless masses really are so stupid. Even when Matic got his last extension there was a good reception around here I noticed.
The club will do what the fans want over what is right. You can tell that the Glazers are susceptible to the influence of the masses. But so are the managers. Solksjaer virtually did everything the fans wanted and everything was fine until this season. When everyone said pay what it takes to sign Maguire and AWB, that's what Solksjaer did. He signed some strikers in their mid thirties because he knows you all fcuking love it. Woody was exactly the same. He had no idea about football but he could read the fan forums and he wanted to be popular. Of course that will always end in failure. But staying popular with the fans and garnering good feedback can postpone the day of reckoning when the chickens come home to roost. I really do believe the club is being run by the majority on redcafe. There is no one within the club that is capable of thinking for himself, and it won't change.
For a manager to come in and attain success he will need to make precisely the kind of moves this forum will hate. Over and over again. Can you imagine the vitriol, the overwhelming sense of doom and hatred that would ensue. The club wouldn't hack it. The club would give in to the fans and sack that manager. The club is doomed to failure.
Fans dont always know their onions. Most if not all the signings that Ole is getting criticized for now and who we are calling deadwood were wanted if not desired by this place and others like it. If the utmost wasn't done to sign Maguire back then you can bet that they would have been up in arms about it. You can add the likes of sanchez to this list too.

Marquee Moon

Fans dont always know their onions. Most if not all the signings that Ole is getting criticized for now and who we are calling deadwood were wanted if not desired by this place and others like it. If the utmost wasn't done to sign Maguire back then you can bet that they would have been up in arms about it. You can add the likes of sanchez to this list too.
You're right it's just a vicious cycle.