Lingard, Starter, Sub, or cash in?..

m1y2

Lingard is one of those players that doesn't do anything flashy or cool (with the FA cup goal being the exception because that was flat out incredible), but he just works hard and gets the job done. If you want to be a successful, top level club then you need players like Lingard in your squad. They all can't be world class players.

I think Mourinho will use him shrewdly as a sub and will be effective.
although he's very tidy he can pop up with some nice moments, I think some of the note could be his debut half volley goal last season, than the turn goal against Chelsea and of course the winner in the fa cup final, these are some beautiful goals, his first time pass from the air to rooney's header goal in the europa league/champions league was also top notch...

You know there is a moment in him and yes he may seem a bit too tidy as I said but then you can have all attacking players trying out things, you need someone for the interplay and linking up, he's a good squad player but maybe Mou can push him even more and encourage to try things... the more counterattacking we play the better he will play and as I said many times the more centrally he's played as well, the right wing is the worst position for him behind the striker, yet he spend there the most of his games last season and looked decent.

fingers crossed, he certainly has a place in the squad..

Walters_19_MuFc

Him and Mkhitaryan linked up really well yesterday. Lingard is a really intelligent player, and he's at best when he's able to roam inside and interchange with others, as we saw yesterday. Should definitely be a squad player under Mourinho.