Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

redpatron

Power play to remove Bartomeu. Surely he won’t leave?
too late for that now. If he went back to Barca after his buddies wished him best of luck and causing the internet to implode, he's going to be vilified forever. He's pulling the ultimate Karen move.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

I don't think many (if any) genuinely believe its a possibility.

For a start he wants to go win things, and not trying to bash us, but we're not yet in the position to really challenge.
If I was the GOAT, the idea of reigniting the sleeping giants of MUFC would be massively appealing. But I know that’s my United bias talking.

here is a question for you all:if you could sign Messi or Ronaldo tomorrow, who would you choose?

Traub

This is the most exciting transfer to happen since Ronaldinho!

Zoo

Being reported that Inter's very rich Chinese owners are going to try to move heaven and earth to make it happen

Glazers should take note...

They already made the unthinkable happen with Tom Brady :lol:
Apparently he recently bought a penthouse near their training ground. The Italian league would be the most suitable for him at this stage of his career.

Rolaholic

if Ronaldo could force his way out of Madrid,Messi can do the same with Barcelona.

Not sure why it's so unrealistic to some. He's been on the outs with their leadership for a few years now, 8-2 must've been the final straw

Josep Dowling

Such a horrible situation as a United fan. At present only us, City, PSG and Real could afford him. He can never go Real and I highly doubt he would ever come to us.

Sadly that leaves the two oil clubs. Would love to see him in the Premier League but not in City blue.

Blood Mage

It's nailed on that he's going to City. A reunion with Guardiola is pretty much the only thing he'd leave Barca for. Our two biggest rivals are going to continue their domination of the league for a few more years while Ed and the Glazers twiddle their thumbs. :rolleyes:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
==================
------------Eriksen--------
Lukaku--------------Messi

====================
Messi--Aguero---Sterling

====================
Messi---Mbappe---Neymar

====================:drool:
Messi---Martial--Greenwood---Rashford

Fooza

Ed's sent the fax claiming to be Messi, hasn't he? That way it looks like we getting Messi over and Sancho and Dortmund will drop their price.

Smart that Ed

LoneStar

I see a bunch of people mentioning Tom Brady and comparing the situations. As an American who closely follows the NFL, this situation is way different. Brady is nearly 45 years old and way past his best. His list of suitors was tiny. Messi is still arguably the best in the world and will have a long queue of suitors. Brady essentially fell into the Glazers' lap. They didn't beat out 10 other teams by a massive show of ambition like they'd need to do here with Messi.
I don’t follow NFL one bit, but are you telling me that 45 year olds play in the top league ?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sky trying so hard to build some sort of City story here.

United Junkie

if Ronaldo could force his way out of Madrid,Messi can do the same with Barcelona.

Not sure why it's so unrealistic to some. He's been on the outs with their leadership for a few years now, 8-2 must've been the final straw
The difference is Messi is A g o d at Barca. Ronaldo isnt at Madrid. A legend and a icon but not a g o d.

Rolaholic

Apparently he recently bought a penthouse near their training ground. The Italian league would be the most suitable for him at this stage of his career.
Yea apparently his father bought a home in the area earlier this summer, it sounded silly then but with todays events it doesn't seem so unlikely after all.

He'd be following in Maradona's footsteps going to Italy. Serie A would be all the way back with Ronaldo and Messi there

Kaos

If I understood correctly he's demanding to leave for free?
He allegedly has (had?) a clause on his contract which allowed him to leave on a free. Barca are arguing that's since expired and insist he has a 700million euro release clause, Messi argues otherwise.

Classical Mechanic

Yea apparently his father bought a home in the area earlier this summer, it sounded silly then but with todays events it doesn't seem so unlikely after all.

He'd be following in Maradona's footsteps going to Italy. Serie A would be all the way back with Ronaldo and Messi there
Plus there are the Italian and Argentine cultural links.

devips

It has all become clear now. United was never in for Sancho, who was just a decoy. United waited patiently till Chelsea exhausted their transfer kitty. Then out of the blue Messi sends his fax and now the process of bringing him over to us starts.

Messi, here we come.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

He is bigger than the club. Ridiculous player power.

Bratt

Ed's sent the fax claiming to be Messi, hasn't he? That way it looks like we getting Messi over and Sancho and Dortmund will drop their price.

Smart that Ed
Nah, his fax machine doesn’t work.
I read that he’s preparing to get it fixed though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If I was the GOAT, the idea of reigniting the sleeping giants of MUFC would be massively appealing. But I know that’s my United bias talking.

here is a question for you all:if you could sign Messi or Ronaldo tomorrow, who would you choose?
Messi of course.

If you had the chance of sleeping with either your ex-super model girlfriend or another super model... Don't you opt to try something new!?

Status
Not open for further replies.