List everything that has to be done

RashyForPM

Simple, just list everything you think is wrong at MUFC and a possible solution which will play a small part in getting us back to the top*. This is a good place for us to vent at the board, manager and players after what just happened. This is a general thread to sum up everyone’s feelings as expressed in the topical threads.

I’ll start: Woodward and Ole out.

*Saying that, we should get back into the top 10 first.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
New owners, then everything else (like Woodward fired, into the sun)

Raw

Good answers guys, but it just completely flew over my head, amidst the emotion. The useless pricks will never sell up unless something drastic happens.
It's unfortunate that it's probably not going to happen but it would fix so many issues if we had owners who were more proactive about how we're run. Anything else would just paper over the cracks.

Oo0AahCantona

Director of football,
large transfer net spend over 1 or 2 windows on long term squad building,
find a manager to back with the talent over a 3-5 year plan,
Remove all the deadwood and any toxic personalities in the playing staff.
burn an effigy of ed woodward to appease allah.

rpitchfo

I think it’s beyond a few actions. I’m at a complete loss of what will turn this around to be honest. Is it new owners, is it a new Woodward, is it a new ole, is it one good transfer window?

absolutely no idea

PoTMS

In order of most to least pressing concerns

Glazers
Woodward
Ole
Our recruitment

Redfan94

Glazers out. Woodward out. Matt Judge out.

Ambitious owners in. VDS in. Experienced negotiator in.

Solksjaer out. Bielsa in.

Pogba out. Maguire out. Lingard out. Rojo out. Matic out. Lindelof out. Shaw out. Mata out. Jones out. Smalling out. Bailley out.

Build around Bruno, VDB, Martial & Greenwood.

RoyH1

In an ideal world, it would happen in this order.
1. Glazers out, new owners in.
2. Woodward out, a managing director and a director of football in. The two jobs are separate.
3. Ole is graciously thanked for his services to the club, the DOF brings a young, hand picked manager.
4. New manager and DOF revamp our scouting department.
5. An improved transfer policy and player development philosophy is set in place.
6. After a couple of seasons we reap the rewards.

Unfortunately we know that the only thing that will happen is number 3, and insert Wooward instead of DOF. As long as the Glazers make money, his job is safe.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I have one question for you all.

Is there a single consistently (meaning that Liverpool not apply) successful club in the world operating with the model United are operating on?

The way I see,the consistently successful clubs are either ran by assemblies (Bayern, Real, Barcelona) or are playthings of billionaires. Please tell me if there is a contrasting example.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pogba has to be on thin ice. He is just going to throw the next manager under the bus as well. Keane said this was it last year or the year before.

Bestofthebest

Wait till we are in real trouble and club value drops then hope the Saudi regime make a bid. Much as I dislike the regime there I would take them over the Glazers any day, on the proviso that Ed is sacked immediately.

AneRu

New owners are needed but I fear it's a bridge too far so I'd say:
1. Woodward out
2. Edwin Van Der Sar in as CEO
3. Ole out
4. DoF and new recruitment team in.
5. Pochettino until the end of the season then assess from then because I am not sure he has what it takes to compete with the very best.

Jibbs

Woodward and Ole out. Appoint a new CEO and Sporting Ditector / DoF, appoint a new manager. Keep all ex players as far away from these jobs as possible.
Drop Pogba and De Gea from the first XI for good. Sell them along with Bailly, Jones, Rojo, etc first chance you get.

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
All i have to say is, Sh!t rolls down hill...Everything that is wrong with the club starts from the top.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
glazers out

woodward out

ole and coaching staff out

sell pogba if he wants to go

sell maguire and de gea

sell jones and lingard

hire a dof

hire a competent manager

RashyForPM

Glazers out. Woodward out. Matt Judge out.

Ambitious owners in. VDS in. Experienced negotiator in.

Solksjaer out. Bielsa in.

Pogba out. Maguire out. Lingard out. Rojo out. Matic out. Lindelof out. Shaw out. Mata out.

Build around Bruno, VDB, Martial & Greenwood.
Yep. Forgot about Judge too. The man with 0 qualifications but is in a well-paying job as one of the top men in one of the biggest clubs in the world as he has a mate, who by some chance is also useless. Sickeningly disgusting.

And I must say about Pogba, that guy is a disgrace. Clearly so much talent but never uses it, never works hard and always moans and bitches. Please sell.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I can see a crazy scenario where Woodward is forced to resign because some nutter attacks him or something. I know United are the most famous club around so everyone knows everything about it but it’s mental that this guy is such a calamity household name of a fella. He’s the face of the decline of United and every single fan is now aware of it.

It was obvious to me 7 years ago he was incompetent so I can’t see how anything is going to change while he is making money for the Glazers. Apart from a crazy scenario like I mentioned at the top of the post.

tombombadil

The players are just totally mentally out of it. They are too mentally fragile. They have no leader and they need to be protected.

Ban all the players from social media and online news. Stay in a bubble and build a siege mentality.

Find a leader who all the rest will look to when the chips are down.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
1) Glazers sell the club
2) Woodward sacked or moved away from footballing duties
3) Put in place a proper modern structure which will enable to club to compete

Only if those 3 are complete can we

4) Replace coaching staff
5) Get a better manager
6) Replace anyone who isn't prepared to give 100% on the pitch

Eplel

Realistically Woodward and Glazers cannot get out of the picture, so I won't list these.

1.Sack Ole today. He's way out of his depth, despite all the failings from the board there is no excuse to play that badly with this roster.
2.Get a manager that is proven good tactically. There are plenty available.
3.Get a director of football.
4.Sell any player that is not playing up to the mark by end of the season. Pogba is the first candidate here.
5.Get quaity players in positions that

Crustanoid

Glazers sell up and go bankrupt like Dan Ackroyd in Trading Places
Woodward jailed for crimes against humanity.
Ole retires from English football and lived happily ever after back in Norway
Jones signed up by Madame Tausaards for 10 million
Lingaard gets stuck in a computer game like in Tron
New ownership who want the club to do well
New DoF and football system and structure to play in line with traditional United ethos
Top manager
Continue to improve the team

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Deal with Woodward.

Director of football.

New manager.

Phase in Henderson.

Get rid of Maguire, somehow.

New centre back.

New attacking right back

Phase in VDB. Phase out Pogba.

New right winger.

Non-ancient back-up striker.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Van Der Sar
Poch

Halland
The best CB available regardless of cost
2 full backs
Graelish
A fecking RW with a left foot that can score and assist.

Redfan94

Yep. Forgot about Judge too. The man with 0 qualifications but is in a well-paying job as one of the top men in one of the biggest clubs in the world as he has a mate, who by some chance is also useless. Sickeningly disgusting.

And I must say about Pogba, that guy is a disgrace. Clearly so much talent but never uses it, never works hard and always moans and bitches. Please sell.
You look around at all the other big clubs in Football right now and the very top people for the most part are ex players, people who know the ins and outs of Football.

As for Pogba, we’ve signed a number of players in the hope of ‘unlocking’ Pogba and it hasn’t worked. He’s regressed since signing here and no amount of TikTok’s of his diagonal balls will convince me otherwise.