Live (and free) on manutd.com | United v Bayern - CL Final - 26 May 1999

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
7pm, live stream on manutd.com and the United phone app.

Bayern Munich: Kahn, Babbel, Kuffour, Matthaus, Effenberg, Basler, Jeremies, Tarnat, Jancker, Zickler, Linke. Subs: Dreher, Helmer, Scholl, Strunz, Fink, Salihamidzic, Daei.
Man Utd: Schmeichel, G. Neville, Irwin, Johnsen, Stam, Beckham, Butt, Cole, Giggs, Blomqvist, Yorke. Subs: Van Der Gouw, May, Sheringham, P. Neville, Solskjaer, Brown, Greening.
Referee: P Collina (Italy)

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked

Bayern Munich: Kahn, Babbel, Kuffour, Matthaus, Effenberg, Basler, Jeremies, Tarnat, Jancker, Zickler, Linke. Subs: Dreher, Helmer, Scholl, Strunz, Fink, Salihamidzic, Daei.
Man Utd: Schmeichel, G. Neville, Irwin, Johnsen, Stam, Beckham, Butt, Cole, Giggs, Blomqvist, Yorke. Subs: Van Der Gouw, May, Sheringham, P. Neville, Solskjaer, Brown, Greening.
I think Bayern will fancy their chances with Scholes and Keane out.

AaronRedDevil

Why is it that every time there’s a fecking game on I’m busy. Dammit!

I supposed I can try to catch the last 5 mins. Probably no point.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I had no memory at all of Ali Daei playing for Bayern, let alone being on their bench for THAT game. Learn something new every day.

Josh 76

Bench looks weak!

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
With Scholes and Keane out, I don't fancy our chances. If we concede early, that will be it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Been meaning to re-watch this match after all this time.
It'll also be interesting to see how much we really were out-played.

subotai

Don't think we're doing too badly after going down to an early goal. We're getting the ball into the right places just seem to be a bit nervy at the business end. Saying that, Bayern look strong defensively.
A goal before half time though could get to them and potentially loosen the shackles for us up front

Reactions: jojojo

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
United not getting enough of a rhythm going to do real damage - maybe inevitable with Keane out, somebody needs to disrupt Bayern's control. A shame Scholes isn't an option tonight.

We looked very wobbly for the first few minutes after they scored, but fairly even in terms of chances after that really. A bit scrappy going forward from both sides though. 45 minutes to fix it.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Damn, just find out about game, this is first game I saw United play, remember it very well, being shocked about the end of it.
But I will not tell you about it, don't want to spoil it for you.

United Hobbit

Thanks for this got it on now

Was 9 when it happened, a line from the commentator still gives me goosebumps today

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
By about this time, 8 year old me was asking my dad whether finals had second legs :(

subotai

Gotta say I'm impressed with the team - pushing forward against a resilient German side defending a lead, and we've had at least 3 half-decent opportunities, Blomqvist's being the best chance for me. It'll be a big ask to break to such a well organised team with 15 minutes left, but this is far from the luckfest and one sided affair my Scouse mates assured me it would be.

Bayern have done little to worry Schmikes (apart from that bit a few minutes ago). Doubt we can snatch a win though, that would be asking for a miracle end to the season.

Reddevil1978

This is rubbish, can't watch us lose this I'm switching over to last if the summer wine.

subotai

Feeeeckkckckckc what a last 15 mins big big chances for both teams BM with the best of them though - can't see it now though :(