g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If all your hopes of winning the PL title is for Utd to beat City...all I can say is :lol::lol::lol:
Ole looked really pissed after the full time whistle. I wonder how many career rockets he's going to fire up the players arses for the remaining games? Top 4 or die for most of them I would hazard. :smirk:

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Ole looked really pissed after the full time whistle. I wonder how many career rockets he's going to fire up the players arses for the remaining games? Top 4 or die for most of them I would hazard. :smirk:
He looks even more pissed if you saw the post match presser. They’ll have to give a few performances after that shambles tonight.

montpelier

I think Barca are perfect for them tactically. Good luck with your ball retention & reluctance to hit it long. Also, don't get caught with your defensive like too high, either.

Barca do have a goal threat though, obviously.

I'd like to see Barca get in front & stay there.

RochaRoja

They actually remind me of the late Ferguson era United side. Bafflingly winning every week despite looking and playing like absolute shite.

Bwuk

A potential Ajax / Spurs - Dippers CL final makes me very, very uncomfortable.

Spurs will always bottle it at some point.

They could be on for a fecking double.
That’s what I worry about too.

Barcelona’s defence seemed scared of our pace, and struggled when we pressed as a unit.

Liverpool do all that better than us. Let’s hope Messi turns up.

BlueHaze

Literally the only thing that can stop them from winning it now is Barca. If they go through that tie they'll beat both Ajax or Spurs. Fecking hell Klopp has turned them into serious contenders on all fronts from being complete clowns.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Nice to see our lads saying goodbye.

Raw

Also, does anyone else think the blow of bowing out of the CL in that fashion might rock City's PL form...?
Either that or they'll be wanting revenge. At least they only have the PL to focus on, Liverpool have 2 games against Barca in the middle of their (admittedly easy) schedule.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Either that or they'll be wanting revenge. At least they only have the PL to focus on, Liverpool have 2 games against Barca in the middle of their (admittedly easy) schedule.
I fecking hope so - they really, really want that CL though and I bet this'll rock them a bit.

We need City and Messi to turn it up now... Put them back in their fecking place.

Raw

I fecking hope so - they really, really want that CL though and I bet this'll rock them a bit.

We need City and Messi to turn it up now... Put them back in their fecking place.
It helps that the City fans seem to want the PL more than the CL no matter what, I hope that mentality has gone through to their players.

Raw

I didn't know that. For some reason I just thought that the whole club and fanbase was just rabid for the CL.

But yeah, hopefully that is the case.
Even their fans on here were saying the same. They just don't seem to like the CL all that much. Even saw a poster, can't remember who, say they'd rather win the PL than 3 CLs or something mad like that.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
To the folks who watched the Porto game, do we have any suspensions for the first game against Barca?

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Even their fans on here were saying the same. They just don't seem to like the CL all that much. Even saw a poster, can't remember who, say they'd rather win the PL than 3 CLs or something mad like that.
Probably because they have zero international support. So each time they go for an away game they hear locals chatting like "What's with this new Utd's blue kit? Never seen one before".

Oscar.Z.Acosta

I’ll forgive John Oliver as he’s a very decent human being, but I think City going out and Liverpool having 2 games against Barca could lead to the scousers winning nothing. I can’t believe how many think the Scouse are actually favourites against Barcelona?! They are far better than anything Liverpool have faced in the competition. And that’s without mentioning a certain quite tasty player that seems to be in reasonable form.

Also, watch the Rat Vampire sink his teeth right into the fabled Liverpool defence. This season could end better (for United fans) than we all (naturally) fear...

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Feckers could win a league + CL trophy. Would make them the best in world. Ugh. Klopp is a very good manager. I hope Barca knock's them out now.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I’ll forgive John Oliver as he’s a very decent human being, but I think City going out and Liverpool having 2 games against Barca could lead to the scousers winning nothing. I can’t believe how many think the Scouse are actually favourites against Barcelona?! They are far better than anything Liverpool have faced in the competition. And that’s without mentioning a certain quite tasty player that seems to be in reasonable form.

Also, watch the Rat Vampire sink his teeth right into the fabled Liverpool defence. This season could end better (for United fans) than we all (naturally) fear...
There's really not much in it. The second game being at Anfield is a huge advantage to us, and if Barcelona play anything like they did at OT, we've the capability to punish them harshly.

(Plus lets be honest, City going out ups everyone else's chance at the trophy).

Oscar.Z.Acosta

There's really not much in it. The second game being at Anfield is a huge advantage to us, and if Barcelona play anything like they did at OT, we've the capability to punish them harshly.
I see your point but have seen a fair bit of Barcelona this season and if they play as passively as they did at Old Trafford I’d be shocked. It’s how they retain the ball that will hurt Liverpool, I feel.

Inter Yer Nan

If Barca can play a fairly cautious home game, keep a clean sheet and Messi does something Messi they can win 2-0 where they are very unlikely to blow it. Really would be grand if they can drop points in the Cardiff game (now Cardiff have a fighting chance) or Burnley game due to focusing on Barca so we don't have to feel dirty wanting City to beat us.

Got a feeling City will beat Spurs and us comfortably but drop points in a silly game just hope the dippers do the same.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I see your point but have seen a fair bit of Barcelona this season and if they play as passively as they did at Old Trafford I’d be shocked. It’s how they retain the ball that will hurt Liverpool, I feel.
That's the thing with Barcelona. Like Juve, they don't really need to step it up to win their respective leagues right now. It's like their average level has dropped a bit, and while their peak is just as insane as ever, especially with the little magician on the pitch, raising it to that level for a one-off game versus tough opposition might not be as easy as some people think.

I'm calling it 55/45 in their favour, just because they can fully rest players in the league while we have to go all out on both fronts. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably give the edge to us.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If Barca can play a fairly cautious home game, keep a clean sheet and Messi does something Messi they can win 2-0 where they are very unlikely to blow it. Really would be grand if they can drop points in the Cardiff game (now Cardiff have a fighting chance) or Burnley game due to focusing on Barca so we don't have to feel dirty wanting City to beat us.

Got a feeling City will beat Spurs and us comfortably but drop points in a silly game just hope the dippers do the same.
We don't play Burnley anymore. Our only league game before you play City is away at Cardiff on Sunday, and that's ten days before the Barca tie. We might rest players against Huddersfield on the 26th at home though.

Will be an intriguing end to the season. Probably still some twists and turns to come.

Kapardin

They’re going to win the CL. We made Barca look better than they are.
Camp Nou is still way too intimidating for anyone. I agree Barca are beatable in a one off game, but none of the other 3 SFs can beat them over 2 legs in all likelihood. Barca just need to avoid losing by more than 1 goal at Anfield.

But Spurs or Ajax can certainly weigh their chances in a one off final. If Barca play in the final like they did at OT, either of those 2 can beat them.

Inter Yer Nan

We don't play Burnley anymore. Our only league game before you play City is away at Cardiff on Sunday, and that's ten days before the Barca tie. We might rest players against Huddersfield on the 26th at home though.

Will be an intriguing end to the season. Probably still some twists and turns to come.
Oh yeah, Huddersfield is a given. No point playing the game. I'm not sure I trust Benitez' integrity to try and get points off Liverpool either. I think relying on leaving it to Wolves would be too late as they'd likely roll over having nothing to play for. City's best hopes are winning every game (which they should) or hoping for Cardiff to nick something.

Status
Not open for further replies.