Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav1878

Would we see you less on the car if things were going badly for Liverpool at the moment?

Josh 76

Yes, we played the weakest Man Utd team in a long, long time. It doesn't matter, we beat what was in front of us.

Jose set up the team expecting to oppose a 4-3-3 formation, but Firmino was playing deeper than he thought and Salah was playing central. We are playing slightly different formations in every game. We are much more unpredictable than last season. Although Fellaini plugged the gap in midfield, we still found a way.

You are basing your analysis of Liverpool on one game. Fabinho has been getting better and better. Shaq has been consistently assisting and scoring goals before the Man Utd game. He is a gamer changer.
Jose didn't set anything up. He just put all the players in that still talk to him. Klopp didn't need to make this into a tactical master plan. He just needed to put 11 players out and play Utd at their normal game.
I get it you lot are excited about beating us as it hasn't happened alot lately, but please don't make this into how great Liverpool were. We were crap.

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
The Liverpool performance against utd was so hyped up it was unbelievable. When Liverpool always play the big clubs, they raise their game about 15 to 20%. The reason they do this against the top clubs, is that the quality of those clubs should be on par, if not slightly better than their own. So raising their game is to get that advantage to win.

What they didn't realise, was Utd are a top club on paper, but on the pitch they are average mid table team. It's like Liverpool playing at that level to a team like Westham or Bournemouth at home. . They would destroy them. But they never really do that against those teams, because they don't need to.

So all this about how Fabino is now the missing piece in the jigsaw and Shaquri is the new Couthino is laughable. You guys played the weakest Utd team I can remember whos manager wants the sack. Surely their are some Liverpool fans out their who see this.
What does that even mean? And how do you quantify it?

You're right, we beat a terrible Utd team (or a Utd team playing terribly) and it signifies nothing. I didn't even think we played particularly well, tbh.

But, this stuff about Shaqiri and Coutinho, and Fabinho and a jigsaw; where are you getting it from? Liverpool fans on here? One Liverpool fan somewhere? Or did you actually make it up?

City are going to win the league and quite comfortably. I know this much to be true.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wonder if their season will now go to shit? After all they bottled their last title challenge when we sacked Moyes. The two destinies must be tied ;)

Treble

City are going to win the league and quite comfortably. I know this much to be true.
It's reasonable to think that City are still favourites but it will be close this season, especially if you avoid a defeat at City in 2 weeks. Not having KDB for so long has not only harmed their points total but both Silva's have played too much and gone off the boil recently. This is why they lost from Chelsea.

Last edited:

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
Shaqiri is a classy player. A potential Rooney on roids under the helm of Klopp.

What you saw against United is only the beginning. You're gunna be seeing folded arms alot. Buy of the season.

This is what'll keep the league close.... subs

/watch?v=FLFvGnfy45E The guy is class. Honeestly Pep should have bought him. Good enough replacement for an injured buyne

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Why are Liverpool fans on this forum? I don't get it?

Why would you want to talk with us about football?

I would never want to go to RAWK to talk to your lot ever.

I'm not being a w*nker I'm genuinely interested to know why you are here?

I just don't get it
It would be rather boring without oppos to banter/wind up.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

I just don't get it
Have you ever read RAWK? It's probably the most popular Liverpool forum, but if you don't toe the party line you're banned, at the very least accused of being a United supporter and hounded by other members. They can't even talk about their own team there without the mods interfering, so they'd rather come here and cope with a bit of stick every now and then.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
Not a Liverpool fan here... just think Shaq is a game changer. These are the players United should be buying. Is he an upgrade to Mata? Yes. Klopp got him for 13 million... he''s gunna be worth 40/50 by the end of the season.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
In true Keggy Keegan fashion, I would love it, love it, if that loss to Liverpool turned out to be the lowest point in our return to the top.

If only Liverpool had played out a 1-1, Jose might still be in charge now...

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Not a Liverpool fan here... just think Shaq is a game changer. These are the players United should be buying. Is he an upgrade to Mata? Yes. Klopp got him for 13 million... he''s gunna be worth 40/50 by the end of the season.
If Mourinho had bought Shaqiri we'd have been questioning why we've bought a guy in his late 20s from Stoke when we've a number of youngsters that fill his position. He'd have been chucked into the same tumescent system we've used all season, and subsequently done feck all. He'd have been frozen out, and we'd all be comparing him to Mkhitaryan.

Shaqiri isn't a special player. He's a decent player being afforded opportunities in a good attacking outfit. You're acting as if the goals he scored on the weekend were individual flashes of brilliance, rather than two fortunate deflections from speculative efforts.

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
If Mourinho had bought Shaqiri we'd have been questioning why we've bought a guy in his late 20s from Stoke when we've a number of youngsters that fill his position. He'd have been chucked into the same tumescent system we've used all season, and subsequently done feck all. He'd have been frozen out, and we'd all be comparing him to Mkhitaryan.

Shaqiri isn't a special player. He's a decent player being afforded opportunities in a good attacking outfit. You're acting as if the goals he scored on the weekend were individual flashes of brilliance, rather than two fortunate deflections from speculative efforts.
Speculative efforts? They weren't anything of the sort. Deflections, yes, but neither of them were hit and hope from 35 yards.

Shaqiri isn't a world-beater but he's a very good player. Great buy for us.

He's an excellent squad option, available below his true market value due to his relegation clause. He's not a £50m player at all.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
He's an excellent squad option, available below his true market value due to his relegation clause. He's not a £50m player at all.
i said he will be. feeling he will rally against bayern and get a goal. more goals to come...

What a player he is. You underestimate the influence of a manager. He's already technically very good. Look at how Fergie improved average players.

When I saw him in preseason I knew he was gunna be a machine for Klopp. He's gunna be a beast for Klopp.

Scores a couple of deflected goals, gets compared to one of the best players of the PL era.
It's his movement, passing, first touch, technique, etc. He made the luck. He's gunna be a beast for Klopp. He'lll probably come on and score against Wolves.... err... Wolves sorry. Anyways he's gunna be great for Klopp.

And yes, Rooney would be great for Klopp aswell

Last edited:

Ban

I'm 2013/14 we had a terrible year, sacked the manager and they were fighting for the title.

Just saying.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Speculative efforts? They weren't anything of the sort. Deflections, yes, but neither of them were hit and hope from 35 yards.

Shaqiri isn't a world-beater but he's a very good player. Great buy for us.
Neither were clear cut chances though, which is what I meant.

He's a good player, and has been extremely valuable to you as an option that isn't Salah/Mane/Firmino, when previously you were side-eyeing Ings, Sturridge and Solanke.

He'll never be worth £40-50 million though.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Shaqiri is a classy player. A potential Rooney on roids under the helm of Klopp.

What you saw against United is only the beginning. You're gunna be seeing folded arms alot. Buy of the season.

This is what'll keep the league close.... subs

/watch?v=FLFvGnfy45E The guy is class. Honeestly Pep should have bought him. Good enough replacement for an injured buyne
Scores a couple of deflected goals, gets compared to one of the best players of the PL era.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool

I just don't get it
Because you learn from others, especially people on the "other side".

I enjoy reading what the opposing fans are writing about our team, then I can offer an analysis which is fairer because I watch every Liverpool game.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
:D

Given where we were when Klopp took over compared to you and where we are now compared to you, that is surely vindication for us.

I'd rather be playing CL finals and competing for the title than picking up league cups and Europa leagues whilst starting over every few years.

Ban

Given where we were when Klopp took over compared to you and where we are now compared to you, that is surely vindication for us.

I'd rather be playing CL finals and competing for the title than picking up league cups and Europa leagues whilst starting over every few years.
What if we start over, win something again while Liverpool still just fights for titles but doesnt win anything. Theoretically speaking.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Sprints are the more important stat regarding energy levels and fatigue. And you probably top the table now.
Yes we do, closely followed - not unsurprisingly - By City. Our performance levels haven't faltered in previous seasons when it's come to the end of the season, & neither has City's, so why will this season be any different ? Especially bearing in mind we have the most competitive squad we've had in many a year. You train in accordance to the way you play. So I would assume both Liverpool & City's training schedule involves lots of sprints which in turn are replicated out there on the pitch. I'm pretty sure Klopp knows how to manage players in that respect. He's done it before remember.

Josh 76

You lot better win it this season, because it won't be a two horse race next season!

Treble

Yes we do, closely followed - not unsurprisingly - By City. Our performance levels haven't faltered in previous seasons when it's come to the end of the season, & neither has City's, so why will this season be any different ? Especially bearing in mind we have the most competitive squad we've had in many a year. You train in accordance to the way you play. So I would assume both Liverpool & City's training schedule involves lots of sprints which in turn are replicated out there on the pitch. I'm pretty sure Klopp knows how to manage players in that respect. He's done it before remember.
You dropped points in league games after CL fixtures last season. You went far in the CL partly because you didn't compete for the title. Let's see if you can do it now when you try to win both the league and the CL. That's a different situation altogether.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
You dropped points in league games after CL fixtures last season. You went far in the CL partly because you didn't compete for the title. Let's see if you can do it now when you try to win both the league and the CL. That's a different situation altogether.
We lost Coutinho in January if you remember, so a limited squad anyway became even more limited. I fully agree that the league, at times, did take a back seat to progressing in the CL, but it was more to do with team selections rather than fatigue, which was the point I was trying to make.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What if we start over, win something again while Liverpool still just fights for titles but doesnt win anything. Theoretically speaking.
Then I guess you've been justified in your approach.

By "something" I read league or CL though.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool

I just don't get it
Because dissenting opinions lead to better conversation for the most part. There’s nothing worse than an echo chamber where everyone spews out the same old backslapping shit on the regular. RAWK is a notorious example of this.

I come to this forum because I can talk about Liverpool and actually have a decent debate with someone else and not have to worry about getting banned if I don’t hold the majority view. This place offers a lot more freedom of discussion then any Liverpool forum I’ve ever been on.

The banter is pretty good as well which is always a bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.