Liverpool should take chance to cash in on Steven Gerrard

buckooo1978

i think city and madrid are the only realistic destinations for gerrard

he would be a great signing for city and if they managed to get him in january (absolutely no chance of this) it would practically guarantee them a top 4 finish IMO

if you offered liverpool 30/40 million and given the fact that they have to sell to buy it would be interesting to see what liverpool would do

i couldnt see them selling even for silly money as to finish top 4 liverpool need torres and gerrard fit and playing and the bit part players like kuyt, riera etc... around them playing decent as well

Berlinknives

I concur, also essien has raped players before
I watched the Liverpool-Chelsea game and it looked like Mascherano was raping Essien, the rest of the team was letting him down. Essien offers a bit more going forward though, but Mascherano is probably one of the few Premiership players who'd dare to try to rape Essien.

buckooo1978

I watched the Liverpool-Chelsea game and it looked like Mascherano was raping Essien, the rest of the team was letting him down. Essien offers a bit more going forward though, but Mascherano is probably one of the few Premiership players who'd dare to try to rape Essien.
if your talking about essien being raped you only have to the last game against us when the referee helped chelsea win 1-0

we dominated that game and our midfield effectively gang raped essien and co

Berlinknives

if your talking about essien being raped you only have to the last game against us when the referee helped chelsea win 1-0

we dominated that game and our midfield effectively gang raped essien and co
I said anyone, not any multitude. :lol:

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
I think Benitez is the biggest mistake they ever made. He is a disaster already, but repercussions from this guy are going to last a long time. He turned the entire team into some sort of Latin national team. When he goes and they don't achieve top 4 or don't look like winning anything for the foreseeable future, (with the likes of Alonso and Arbeloa already gone) the likes of Macherano, Torres, Reina will go asap, with Lucas, Riera, Aurelio, Ayala, Pacheco, Insua to follow in their footsteps over the next couple of years. Gerrard, Kyut, Benayoun will be in their 30's and Carragher ready for retirement.

The likes of Babel, Ngog, Veronin look useless. The worst of all, they can only cash in on Macherano and Torres and attempt to rebuilt the squad with that money, the rest will bring 10 million between them.

What a disaster!!

pbrown

Rafa knjows that if he was to be proceived as the one who let Gerrard go he would be right behind him. I do not see this happening even though it would be good for Gerrard and Liverpool. So with that said let him stay where he is at because they need to keep getting worse.

Devilton

As much delight as the caf would get at the news that Gerrard has been sold, for the dippers there is simply no upside to that deal. The two yank clowns that own liverpool have already showed they are not willing to reinvest the money received from transfer of sales back into the club so even if they do sell Starfish for 30 million, the most Rafa would expect to get to buy a replacement would be 20 million. The rest would go to pay off the debt, and knowing Rafa he'd buy two crap players worth 10 million each (another leftback and a striker) and play them in center midfield.

The only way I see Gerrard leaving is if the dippers finish below 6th place and he decides he's got a better chance of winning things in another league (and La Liga would be the obvious destination if Madrid also fail to win both the CL and La Liga). I can see him playing there once they get rid of the dross they have in midfield (Van der Vart, Gago, etc).