Lindelof
    Varane
    Shaw

Reguilon

Amrabat
    Mainoo
    McTominay

Hojlund and Rashford high and wide.

I feel its the only compact way to play with who is available. Try to stifle as much as possible and break with hojlund, rashford, mctominay and full backs when possible.

wormdoktor

What the actual feck, has nobody got anything positive to say on here? What a bunch of moaners. Yes, the odds are that we will be defeated, but how is this helping anybody? Feck that - let's get feckin stuck in!

ti vu

What the actual feck, has nobody got anything positive to say on here? What a bunch of moaners. Yes, the odds are that we will be defeated, but how is this helping anybody? Feck that - let's get feckin stuck in!
    How does being deluded help anyone? If one needs to deny reality by being angry about to cope, that person may need medical help instead of expecting people to be unreasonably cheerful.

Perhaps you and your deluded fellows need to find a private group to lock out negative.

VivaRonaldo85

I’m praying on reverse psychology here. We are such underdogs with the world against us, we go into this game with not the normal expectations these players face week in week out (and fail to manage). Practically no one expects a result of any sort. Maybe just maybe these are the grounds this ‘odd bunch’ can actually spring a surprise.

OrcaFat

Sounds like Shaw could be fit.

Onana

Varane
    Evans
    Shaw

AWB
    Amrabat
    Mainoo
    Dalot

Hannibal

Rashford
    Hojlund

Rashford off at half time if he doesn’t knuckle down.

Tap

How does deluded optimism help anybody?

And “get stuck in” ? If only our players knew how to do that

Oscar Bonavena

This could be a record scoreline to put last season's one in the shade. This team has zero backbone or resolve in the face of any sort of adversity or pressure. We were 2 up v Copenhagen when Rashford got sent off 10 mins before half time. Couldn't even make it to half time in front.

Liverpool are gonna come at us 100mph from the kick off, I don't expect us to make it to ten minutes without conceding at least once, we're that weak.

And now Ten Hag has signed a keeper that can't save shots. Great.

If it's another 5 goal plus drubbing, ETH has to go and replace him with someone who can at least set up a team to be hard to beat. As dismal as that philosophy might sound, when you've received the amount of drubbings that we have under Ten Hag, it's time to go back to basics.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    We don't have to lose this one with big score unless Ten Hag does something dumb, like not parking a bus. Even worst EPL team can lock down defense to play 1-0 or 2-0 against Liverpool and hope to get lucky on a counter

If we don't play Mainoo and Amrabat, I am done with Ten Hag.

I hate the idea of McT as #10. He is not a playmaker at all and can't pass to save his life. Even Mejbri is better for me, or Donny, but clearly Ten Hag won't drop McT

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
    How can we be? When was the last time we "bounced back" or put a decent shift in? The attitude of the fans is entirely the team's fault until proven otherwise..

IRELANDUNITED

See Carragher acting like a clown on Twitter, are Liverpool fans embarrassed by this nonsense? Gary Neville could literally shut him up in 2 seconds by asking Jamie to compare Premier League winners medals. I suppose the small victories are all poor Jamie has.

Westerkerk

We are due our latest crack masking so I'm going to go with a 2-0 win for us. We won't know how we managed it but we'll know it won't really kick us on and we'll most likely lose the next one

Dannn411

Only chance we have at keeping Liverpool under 4 goals tomorrow is to play a back 3. So i'd go with a 3-5-2

Onana
    Varane, Maguire, Shaw
    Dalot, Mainoo, Amrabat, Mctom, Reguilon
    Hojlund, Garnacho/Rashford

May well be his final game in charge if we get hammered tomorrow like last season.

ColvaleGoa

I’m praying on reverse psychology here. We are such underdogs with the world against us, we go into this game with not the normal expectations these players face week in week out (and fail to manage). Practically no one expects a result of any sort. Maybe just maybe these are the grounds this ‘odd bunch’ can actually spring a surprise.
    Even 4D chess can't help us on Sunday.

Kingofwinners

I can't ever remember a team going to Anfield and scores getting predicted 5 or 6-0. Even the worst teams in the PL still had a bit of faith. It's fecking embarrassing how Utd can be in the position. Even if a championship team were playing them on Sunday, you wouldn't get many score line predictions like this. What the feck is happening ?????
    It’s a good point, and highlights a lot of our problems. I’m not saying we are worse than a championship side, 1 v 1 we would win and over a season we will pick up more points against the Everton’s of the world, But against Liverpool a solid championship side would probably do better (less badly). Why?

We have less team spirit, physicality and resilience than almost anyone. A solid championship team would have a better chance at playing with a solid strategy and having every player do their job. The reason we all fear a thrashing is the constant empty midfield, big gaps in defence- even with lots of players in the general area, ridiculous attempts at tackles, shocking passes that just turnover possession, inability to hold onto a ball, players rolling around when ball is in play then moaning instead of concentrating. That’s a lot of basics.

erikcred

That's unnecessary negativity.

In my opinion, the odds favour us, actually.

The plan should be for Rashford to score a quick fire brace in the first 15 minutes. Then we can just sit back and defend the 2 goal lead comfortably while countering.

Oranges038

Bang on the money.

Bunch of whiny gowls with a defeatist attitude. Probably why a lot of them sympathise with gobshite wind bags like Sancho and Martial. Same mentality.

I think a win is on the cards tomorrow, they rarely lose at home, Utd never win away. Lost 7-0 the last game there, haven't scored a goal there in feck knows how long. Have a squad ravaged by injuries and the captain is suspended. Managers job is on the line.

This is just like every team that has won at Old Trafford in the last while. If ever it was setup for Utd win this is it.

RedUnited86

Bang on the money.

Bunch of whiny gowls with a defeatist attitude. Probably why a lot of them sympathise with gobshite wind bags like Sancho and Martial. Same mentality.

I think a win is on the cards tomorrow, they rarely lose at home, Utd never win away. Lost 7-0 the last game there, haven't scored a goal there in feck knows how long. Have a squad ravaged by injuries and the captain is suspended. Managers job is on the line.

This is just like every team that has won at Old Trafford in the last while. If ever it was setup for Utd win this is it.
    Go back to bed.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    Only chance we have at keeping Liverpool under 4 goals tomorrow is to play a back 3. So i'd go with a 3-5-2

Onana
    Varane, Maguire, Shaw

May well be his final game in charge if we get hammered tomorrow like last season.
    Maguire is injured for a long time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    These players don’t have pride. They will lose badly.
    They’re broken psychologically. As soon as they concede one they will capitulate.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    A win looks near impossible. Even if we somehow found our attacking feet and were 3-2 up with a minute to go, the mental fragility would mean a 3-3 draw / 4-3 loss in injury time. The only way we win is by shit housing a late turnaround like we did at Juventus a few years ago, which is possible. Liverpool’s luck needs to run out it’s been crazy recently.

MrBest

Man united reminds me of football manager when you buy a bunch of expensove players and just endlessly rotate in hope that something clicks and you win. Same again for Sunday, same kind of defeat. I hope we just keep the score in single figures.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers

Onana
    Varane, Maguire, Shaw

Go along with that.
    A lot of people have not included Maguire so I was wondering if he is fit. You obviously think he is which is good.

Dannn411

Go along with that.
    A lot of people have not included Maguire so I was wondering if he is fit. You obviously think he is which is good.
    I was wrong to include him because he's out for a while apparently. But it would just be a swap with Evans while maintaining the same formation.

Shark

@NotShark
    I've honestly never felt less confident going into this fixture as now. Past few years we've been shite, but Jose and LVG's teams at least had some fight. This team has absolutely nothing, and what you see is what you get.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    The mirror have done a real hatchet piece on United this weekend. Pages and pages pouring over the gloom.

Apparentlt United have never been anywhere near winning the title since Fergie went, whereas in Liverpoool's malaise they "could" have won it 5 times.

Including 1997. Where they came 4th and 2002 where they were 7 points off Arsenal.
    Gotta love the press.

Dannn411

The mirror have done a real hatchet piece on United this weekend. Pages and pages pouring over the gloom.

Apparentlt United have never been anywhere near winning the title since Fergie went, whereas in Liverpoool's malaise they "could" have won it 5 times.

Including 1997. Where they came 4th and 2002 where they were 7 points off Arsenal.
    Gotta love the press.
    When I was growing up the Mirror was well known for being a Liverpool mouthpiece. I'm surprised people still read what they write or take them seriously on football or really anything else for that matter.

PoTMS

I think this is the first Liverpool v United match I'll purposely miss in my adult life. I've got a long journey up north and normally I would've arranged it around the game but feck if I'm gonna do it this time. I've never been more disillusioned with this club.

erikcred

Gotta love the press.
    Why are you reading pages and pages of this shit? Doesn't seem healthy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    When I was growing up the Mirror was well known for being a Liverpool mouthpiece. I'm surprised people still read what they write or take them seriously on football or really anything else for that matter.
    Whoops I just checked and it was actually the Mail.
    Which Probably doesn't make it better.

RedUnited86

Gotta love the press.
    Care to tell me what's wrong about that? We've come 2nd, but miles behind top in terms of points. We've never been close.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
    Care to tell me what's wrong about that? We've come 2nd, but miles behind top in terms of points. We've never been close.
    I don’t think he’s disagreeing with that, more the way it is framed in the media vs Liverpool only winning the league once in 30 years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw