Sun, 17 December 2023 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
    A cheesy smash and grab would honestly do nothing for me. I need performance. Give me LVG era Anfield.

Josh 76

Care to tell me what's wrong about that? We've come 2nd, but miles behind top in terms of points. We've never been close.
    It was only less than a year ago when we were in the title race. Then we conceded a last min goal away to Palace and Casemerio was booked and missed the Arsenal game. That seems a lifetime ago.

RomfordRed75

For me 4-4-2 (diamond)
    Onana

Wan Bissaka
    Varane
    Lindelof/Evans
    Shaw

Amrabat
    Hannibal
    Mainoo
    McTominay

Rashford
    Hojland

2 up top running in the channels, McTominay coming in from deep
    Amrabat holding and playing the quarterback role.
    Mainoo and Hannibal doing the running in midfield
    Our wingers can't cross or create so let's pack the midfield, and rely on full backs to create from wide.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Superden

For me 4-4-2 (diamond)
    Onana

Wan Bissaka
    Varane
    Lindelof/Evans
    Shaw

Amrabat
    Hannibal
    Mainoo
    McTominay

Rashford
    Hojland

Our wingers can't cross or create so let's pack the midfield, and rely on full backs to create from wide.
    id like to see this, it gives us numbers in midfield. but its clear ETH seems too stubborn to change the formation, and instead were more likely to have a 4141 with the two wingers staying back a bit, so contributing nothing in attack or defence. much like versus newcastle recently.

Swearing Budgie

Liverpool will score as many as they want. Hopefully once they are out of sight by half time they will rest some players for bigger games.

Jeffthered

Can't see us getting much. I think we need to dial down the significance of any game we play now, unfortunately. We're a fragile squad, that's clear and changes are required at some point, probably an assessment in the summer.

I certainly just take things game by game now. We're just a limited bunch of players with a limited manager (who seems to have no problem doing Press Conferences..). ETH has an ego and this is an issue.

IRELANDUNITED

I think this is the first Liverpool v United match I'll purposely miss in my adult life. I've got a long journey up north and normally I would've arranged it around the game but feck if I'm gonna do it this time. I've never been more disillusioned with this club.
    Good for you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Care to tell me what's wrong about that? We've come 2nd, but miles behind top in terms of points. We've never been close.
    It's the comparison of what they're saying was never close with us, yet what supposedly was close for Liverpool. Like being 4th one year, or a distant 7 points another.

cyberman

Even if we play well we will comcede from some stupid cross that deflects into someone’s path that changes the game
    There isn’t a chance we are even competitive in this. It’s the easiest game of the year to predict.

Dr Foo

For me 4-4-2 (diamond)
    Onana

Wan Bissaka
    Varane
    Lindelof/Evans
    Shaw

Amrabat
    Hannibal
    Mainoo
    McTominay

Rashford
    Hojland

If I recall, the EtH of last year or some previous managers may have had the sense to do this. Packing the midfield and actually using our strength or dna in transition is our only chance

Cantona in disguise

I'm going to put a tenner on 7-0 6-0 and 5-0 to the scouse and it will never come in because I never win a bet. Taking one for the team.

lex talionis

Despite my wood chipper analogy, the one in which we’re being fed into this gruesome device, I actually think we have a remote chance of getting a draw. But everything would have to go right for us, starting with our keeper whose gloves will be ripped to shreds in having to make at least 7 or 8 De Gea-esque saves.

Giggsy13

The fact that we have been allowed to fall to this stage is simply scandalous.
    How the hierarchy and players can even try to put a positive spin on this facade is embarrassing. Bring back Ralf Rangnick to oversee a proper rebuild.
    Have you seen our injury list? Rangnick, ffs, get a grip.

Giggsy13

For me 4-4-2 (diamond)
    Onana

Wan Bissaka
    Varane
    Lindelof/Evans
    Shaw

Amrabat
    Hannibal
    Mainoo
    McTominay

Rashford
    Hojland

I like this, ensures our midfield will have some bite and the ability to break up play. We’ll have to put in a dogged and fiesty effort to get anything from this game so Hannibal and Mainoo are must starts.

always_hoping

At least this expected trimming will be against a Liverpool team that will go on to win the league title compared to last season hammered by team that would finish 5th and 8 points behind United in 3rd..

OrcaFat

At least this expected trimming will be against a Liverpool team that will go on to win the league title compared to last season hammered by team that would finish 5th and 8 points behind United in 3rd..
    I prefer it when they finish 8 points behind us.

Statue of Limitations

There is such a huge expectation of defeat tomorrow that I am more and more thinking it just won't happen. I think Pool will choke tomorrow and drop points.

We were favourites last time we came here, 7/1 now, which I think is very over-priced.
    5/1 for the draw ffs, it just won't happen for Pool tomorrow, can feel it in my bones.

LDUred

Even for a good side, going to Liverpool right now and getting something is a tough ask.

We've got half a squad and a myopic coach blindly pursuing a formation that is making us ship goals.

We're basically relying on dumb luck to avoid a hiding here.

Last edited:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
    No, we won't surprise people with a dogged performance. It didn't happen the last couple of times, it won't now.

My only Eric

I think the last player to score for us at anfield was lingard.

might be wrong though.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
    I’ve always looked forward to but dreaded the Liverpool matches. Always have the feeling it will be a tough game but we have a chance to win. First time ever I’m just going into watch the game praying it’s not a mauling while seriously expecting one.

OrcaFat

We are shockingly crap at the moment. I’m thinking our only chance is if we start strongly for once, press high and somehow nick an early goal and then go to a low block, pack the midfield and deny them any space behind.

It won’t happen. We’ll start slow, concede early and commit the whole team forward but manage only a half-hearted high press with no tracking back, gaps everywhere, high line but uncoordinated, gaffs a-plenty. 3-0 by half time and 6 or 7 by the end. EtH sacked next week (even though everyone says we’ll wait for the sale, I disagree - a smashing and he’s gone).

DON’T PANIC ™

We always start well. Then die off after 10-15mins of being on top but creating little in the way of chances. Then concede and fall apart.

JagUTD

United coming to town is bigger than Christmas in Liverpool. Mostly because United will be giving Liverpool more gifts than the fat guy and his sack.

Ohohoh

ti vu

It was only less than a year ago when we were in the title race. Then we conceded a last min goal away to Palace and Casemerio was booked and missed the Arsenal game. That seems a lifetime ago.
    If that was considered being involved in title race, Ole in 20-21 did participate in title race. We was top for 3 rounds out of 6 rounds played in January 2021 while City played one game less. We never went any worse than 2nd for the rest of the season.

Last season, Newcastle briefly overtook us for third place after Arsenal defeat. Not even one we closed down Arsenal down to 4 point gap, who still topped the table about half of second half of the season, even when we played more games (them having games in hand).

IMO I would expect a title charge to last at least until April. Else title winner just walk the league even when second place, third place can finished with 80+ points.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win