g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Liverpool will win the league | NARRATOR: They did not, in fact, win the league.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'd be gobsmacked if they won the league. 3rd best side in it, can't see it - done very well to be where they are points wise.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

I'd be gobsmacked if they won the league. 3rd best side in it, can't see it - done very well to be where they are points wise.
Agreed. In their title winning season, they were ahead in 24 of their games by half time and won 23 of those. This year they've won the most points in the last quarter of games. They are far from cruising and have had a lot of good fortune with decisions and VAR. 3rd and back in UCL is a good year for them especially as they'll drop 2-3 levels next year when Klopp leaves.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Got a feeling Man. City will get a rare win at Anfield (when did they last win there infront of a crowd?) and that will be that.

With Liverpool it's certainly a case of muscle memory given most of this squad were 10 minutes from winning the league in May 2022 but this will be their last big title challenge for 2-3 years I reckon.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Teams don't tend to win the league losing key players in every position of the pitch during the run in so I think it's a bridge too far to win the thing.

If Jota, Jones and (potentially) Nunez are out for an extended period, on top of Alisson who's genuinely one of the biggest difference makers in the league, I think that's our league push toast. And we'd be better focussing on trying to win a cup or two as a send-off.

Loon

:lol:
I'm not saying anything, just praying...

For fecking City to establish a new record. FMFL.

OldSchoolManc

Although officials, media and VAR are doing everything in their power to help LiVARpool (even making up nonsense about VAR doing them wrong), they will still fail this season.
We will all breathe a sigh of relief when City win everything again then have it taken off them anyway before being placed in a non league situation

Loon

:lol:
Peter Drury has already completed his first draft of "Waxing Jurgen Lyrical"

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Teams don't tend to win the league losing key players in every position of the pitch during the run in so I think it's a bridge too far to win the thing.

If Jota, Jones and (potentially) Nunez are out for an extended period, on top of Alisson who's genuinely one of the biggest difference makers in the league, I think that's our league push toast. And we'd be better focussing on trying to win a cup or two as a send-off.
Also need to ensure we hold off Arsenal to second in case titles are handed out later this year. Doubt the PL has the balls but should be prepared in case.

Fr. Todd Unctious

The media circle jerk over them is unsufferable. Don't think I've ever seen a team or manager fawned over to this extent. We certainly weren't if anything the media would and still s**t on us at every opportunity

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Unfortunately the thing is, even with injuries to certain players, they've still got a squad capable of beating the majority of teams in this league, which I think is a poor one this year.

erikcred

Also need to ensure we hold off Arsenal to second in case titles are handed out later this year. Doubt the PL has the balls but should be prepared in case.
One title without crowds and one title without actually finishing first. I might actually feel sorry for you.

redallover87

Agreed. In their title winning season, they were ahead in 24 of their games by half time and won 23 of those. This year they've won the most points in the last quarter of games. They are far from cruising and have had a lot of good fortune with decisions and VAR. 3rd and back in UCL is a good year for them especially as they'll drop 2-3 levels next year when Klopp leaves.
They had good fortune with var decisions??

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Wow four injuries at once? Pretty sure that we had 11 missing at one point for weeks on end, Newcastle 10, Tottenham 9.
They are missing Szobozlai, Bajcetic (who was their Mainoo last year) and Matip, too. So it’s seven and 5-6 of those are arguably first 11 players. They also have one of the smallest squads in the league. And are sitting top of the league. But if the injuries to Jones, Jota and Nunez are serious that’s certainly too much for them to keep up at the top, especially with the City game coming up.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
They are missing Szobozlai, Bajcetic (who was their Mainoo last year) and Matip, too. So it’s seven and 5-6 of those are arguably first 11 players. They also have one of the smallest squads in the league. And are sitting top of the league. But if the injuries to Jones, Jota and Nunez are serious that’s certainly too much for them to keep up at the top, especially with the City game coming up.
Bajcetic? :lol:

Six are first teamers? :lol::lol:

jadajos

Supports
Football
Bajcetic? :lol:

Six are first teamers? :lol::lol:
Alisson, TAA, Salah, Szobozlai, Nunez are all first teamers. Matip can be argued, but he was starting ahead of Konate at the start of the season. Bajcetic is obviously not, which is why I said 5-6 of those 7.

jadajos

Supports
Football
For someone injured, Salah did remarkably well today then
He was injured before. It will now be Jota and/ or Jones, who are also first team. Just bore off. You can post some laughing emojis if it makes you feel better.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He was injured before. It will now be Jota and/ or Jones, who are also first team. Just bore off. You can post some laughing emojis if it makes you feel better.
If we are counting people who are injured before and people who are injured now, then we have actually got 26 injuries at the moment.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Didn’t realise city were already in the driving seat. Small part of me doesn’t want to see that oil club win 4 in a row.