Loan Watch 2015/16

Sid234

Couldn't find a thread on this, so thought I'd start one myself.

Pearson started both of Barnsley's games so far this season (League 1 game and Carling Cup game). Rothwell was on the bench for the league game but started the Carling Cup game, played about 85 mins before he was subbed off.

Barnsley lost the league game 3-1 and beat Scunthrope on penalties in the Carling Cup after a 1-1 draw in regular time.

Players out on Loan:
Ben Pearson - Barnsley (till Jan 2016)
Will Keane - Preston (Season long loan)
Tyler Blackett - Celtic (Season long loan)
Kieran O'Hara - Stockport (till December 24, 2015)
Liam Grimshaw - Motherwell (till Jan 2016)
Donald Love - Wigan(till Jan 7 2016)
James Wilson - Brighton (Season long loan)
Joel Castro Pereira - Rochdale (till January 3, 2016)

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Pearson missed his penalty. Rothwell meant to have been very good against Scunny. Pearson continues to get mixed reviews but it always seems to be the same people with the same opinion so I don't know how objective they really are. One thing most agree with though is his game has become much more limited since LJ came in. Under Danny Wilson he was meant to have always looked forward and tried the audacious whereas under LJ he always keeps it simple and rarely even passes forward. He is playing as the holding midfielder though now whereas I think he was more box-to-box for Wilson.

Still not sure about this loan for Rothwell as they've gone out and absolutely stacked their midfield. They've brought in Crowley on loan as well and they already had Hourihane in an attacking role too. He came on near the end against Chesterfield and I think played LWB. I think he should have got another team who would have guaranteed him a starting spot.

Sid234

Seems like Pearson is a sure starter while like you said Rothwell will have a tougher fight to get a start. Hopefully he can get a run of games and seal a spot in the team

Sid234

Will Keane scored his 1st goal for Preston in their 3-1 win over Crewe in the Carling Cup. He also started their 1st game of the season vs M'boro (0-0 draw)

Sid234

Keane starts for Preston (vs Rotherham). Pearson starts and Rothwell is on the bench for Barnsley (vs Millwall). Both games starting at the same time as our UCL game

Sid234

was taken off injured apparently in the 80th minute.. Hope its not too serious

limerickcitykid

Barnsley have signed 2-3 more midfielders since Rothwell went there. We should just recall him as he is hardly going to get to play. Two shite loans in a row for him.

Decotron

Another one for the list..........

Kieran O'Hara: Manchester United keeper join Morecambe on loan

League Two side Morecambe have signed Manchester United goalkeeper Kieran O'Hara on a one-month youth loan.

The 18-year-old will provide cover for first-choice Barry Roche following a finger injury to back-up goalkeeper Tony Thompson.

Manager Jim Bentley said: "We welcome Kieran and hope he enjoys his time here and learns a lot from his experience."

O'Hara will be with the Shrimps up to and including the league game against Luton Town on 29 September.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34121431

khoazany

Not really light.We have Goss Harrop Weir Willock McTominay Redmond Doughty Fosu-Mensah for CM options (don't think Grimmy is a better talent than any of them, just older)
.In fact I'm a bit disappointed to see only Grimmy loaned out.

limerickcitykid

Yeah, Weir and Love probably should have gone on loan too and El Fitouri can just get released. Goss and Harrop should be the leaders of the side and then be loaned out in January. We still need to push players through faster.

Sid234

Pearson started the game, Rothwell was on the bench for Barnsley's draw v Blackpool
Keane came off the bench in Preston's defeat
Januzaj came off the bench in Dortmund's win
Grimshaw played 90 mins for Motherwell in their defeat to Hamilton
Kieran O'Hara was on the bench for Morecambe
Blackett was on the bench for Celtic

Don't think any of the loanee's had any standout performances

limerickcitykid

Benny scored and then came off after 74 minutes. Rothwell not even in the squad. I'll say it again he should be recalled.
Grimmy played the full 90.
Blackett on the bench for Celtic.
Keane started and subbed off after 65.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Pearson starting as usual and Rothwell is on the bench vs Doncaster.
Keane is also starting vs Sheffield Wednesday.
Love is on the bench.

R'hllor

Anyone knows where on earth Vanja Milinkovic Savic is?

R'hllor

Khoazany thinks he might not be contracted to us anymore.
Oo woot,that would not make much sense imo,we bought him when he was under age,let him 1 year on loan back to Vojvodina and then terminate his contract,strange if thats a case.

oskarutd

Oo woot,that would not make much sense imo,we bought him when he was under age,let him 1 year on loan back to Vojvodina and then terminate his contract,strange if thats a case.
Then he would be free to find a new club, but he hasn't. Talk of loan from us to Darmstadt in the summer.

khoazany

As predicted.Will have to see whether we'll opt for the older option (O'Hara) or the more talented option (Henderson) for the U21s in the mean time.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Pearson starts
Love starts for Wigan
Grimshaw starting for Motherwell
JCP on the bench for Rochdale

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Ben Pearson just scored for Barnsley against York City in the JP Trophy.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Pearson started for Barnsley tonight
Grimshaw starting for Motherwell
Wilson on the bench for Brighton
Keane on the bench for PNE
JCP starting for Rochdale

Last edited: