Logan Pye

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
16yr old Sunderland left back, we've apparently signed him after giving him a 5yr contract. The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea were also interested in him.

Anybody know if he has joined us for sure?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
16yr old Sunderland left back, we've apparently signed him after giving him a 5yr contract. The likes of Arsenal, Chelsea were also interested in him.

Anybody know if he has joined us for sure?
How can we sign 16 year old on a 5 year contract? Isn't the first pro contract for 2 years only and that's the maximum allowed.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
How can we sign 16 year old on a 5 year contract? Isn't the first pro contract for 2 years only and that's the maximum allowed.
Probably something like we do with our imported youngsters, sign them to a youth contract with a guaranteed pro contract.

KM

Guarantee four year deal after turning pro I think.

KM

Anyway I've had a look around and looks like he has already signed for us

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He can also play in midfield so is a versatile player. Sunderland have been excellent at u15 level in the last couple of years and have actually won big titles with the group until the four biggest talents got snapped up by United, Leeds, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think he's a LB by the way. From what i've seen he has been deployed as a CB and at DM.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I don't think he's a LB by the way. From what i've seen he has been deployed as a CB and at DM.
7 of his 9 starts in the league this season has been as a LB. As well as all his U16 caps for England.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
7 of his 9 starts in the league this season has been as a LB. As well as all his U16 caps for England.
I haven't seen him this season but at u15 he played at DM and CB in the odd few games I watched him in. Sunderland fans also say he's a CB/DM.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He can obviously play at LB too if he's been deployed their this season. It would be great to have a a super talented multi functional player but I hope he eventually settles into a regular role.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I haven't seen him this season but at u15 he played at DM and CB in the odd few games I watched him in. Sunderland fans also say he's a CB/DM.
Sunderland U18 manager Paul Bryson refers to him as a left-back, also the 3 starts last spring for Sunderland U18 and equally 3 starts for England U16 in the 2018/19 season were as a LB. It’s brilliant if he’s versatile though, always a huge plus for a young player.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sunderland u18s have lost every game they've played in the league this season and lost 10-0 to Everton and 7-0 to City. He must be very talented to shine in such a bad team.

cj_sparky

Hardley Gone
Fish Out on Loan
Pye Gone

Hardley Fish Pye is no more.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Was there a fee involved or just a free transfer?