Lord Lucan: Still alive, despite being 179

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

The missing peer Lord Lucan, who has not been seen for more than 40 years, is presumed to have died, a court has formally concluded.

The presumption of death certificate was granted by Mrs Justice Asplin, enabling the peer’s son, George Bingham, to inherit the title and become the eighth Earl of Lucan.

Lucan vanished after Sandra Rivett, nanny to his three children, was found murdered at the family home at 46 Lower Belgrave Street in central London on 7 November 1974.

The nanny’s attacker also turned on Bingham’s mother, Lady Lucan, beating her severely before she managed to escape and raise the alarm at a nearby pub.

Lord Lucan’s car was found abandoned and soaked in blood in Newhaven, East Sussex, and an inquest jury a year later declared him the killer.

The death certificate case was accelerated after Rivett’s son, Neil Berriman, withdrew his objections.

Berriman told the court that he had recently seen an internal Metropolitan police document from 2002 which stated that officers believed the missing earl was still alive at that date.
More: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ranted-more-than-40-years-after-disappearance

Lord Lucan 'lived secret life in Africa':
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/feb/18/lord-lucan-secret-life-africa

Lord Lucan still haunts us – why can’t we let the vanished go?:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/09/lord-lucan-george-bingham-son

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
More interesting than the total lack of replies would lead you to believe.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Is it? Sounds like a typical case of "banged the nanny and she got pregnant so the best course of action is to murder her and flee the country" to me, which makes him a dick.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I remember getting one of those cheesy unsolved mystery books back in the late 70's. UFO's, strange creatures, mysterious disapoearances. This case was included though even at my young age I wondered why it belonged right after a story on spontaneous human combustion?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Is it? Sounds like a typical case of "banged the nanny and she got pregnant so the best course of action is to murder her and flee the country" to me, which makes him a dick.
It seems likely that he killed the nanny by mistake thinking that it was his wife. But nothing is for sure with this case.

SteveJ

Scout
Yeah! It's a lot more popular than Nick's 'A Swimming Pool is a Fire Extinguisher' thread! So there!

Deleted member 78215

Brad Pitt to play him in the biopic? Spitting image.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
I find it weird that the son has pushed this through so that he can finally inherit the title. It's not exactly a title you'd want or one that's going to open doors.

Can't imagine any restaurant taking you seriously when you ring up trying to get a swanky table and give your name as Lord Lucan.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I find it weird that the son has pushed this through so that he can finally inherit the title. It's not exactly a title you'd want or one that's going to open doors.

Can't imagine any restaurant taking you seriously when you ring up trying to get a swanky table and give your name as Lord Lucan.
He sounds like a villain from a Sherlock Holmes case. Great name.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Umm..what?! Somehow that seems even worse. :lol:
Nah, he had gambled away much of the family wealth and his wife had kicked him out and applied for custody of the children. He was stalking her whilst trying to fight the custody battle and it's believed that he broke back into the family home and killed the nanny and seriously assaulted his wife who testified to that in court. There's no great mystery about his crime, just his vanishing act.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Nah, he had gambled away much of the family wealth and his wife had kicked him out and applied for custody of the children. He was stalking her whilst trying to fight the custody battle and it's believed that he broke back into the family home and killed the nanny and seriously assaulted his wife who testified to that in court. There's no great mystery about his crime, just his vanishing act.
That is seriously messed up.

SteveJ

Scout
For years, in the UK, we've had to tolerate the 'suicide theory' garbage, like this..."Like a noble English gentleman, Lucan fell on his sword"...from his friends, acolytes and certain writers; whereas the truth almost certainly is that he was a bloody murderer, a coward who escaped justice with the help of what constitutes Britain's establishment.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
For years, in the UK, we've had to tolerate the 'suicide theory' garbage, like this..."Like a noble English gentleman, Lucan fell on his sword"...from his friends, acolytes and certain writers; whereas the truth almost certainly is that he was a bloody murderer, a coward who escaped justice with the help of what constitutes Britain's establishment.
Tbh, I always thought he was seen as a hate figure, not some mischievous cad.

SteveJ

Scout
His supposedly interesting background/lifestyle appeared - to me - to overshadow the debate about his actual character.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The mystery/interest is because he may have killed himself in a way that would avoid his body being found (allegedly to avoid death duties to allow his kids to afford a good school) or he may have skipped the country and never been found. A non-toff may have had more trouble doing this.

SteveJ

Scout
Lord Lucan hunts for 'missing thread'

Lord Lucan/SteveJ

Enigmatic socialite Lord Lucan has revealed that he hopes to solve one of Britain's outstanding unsolved mysteries: the disappearance of SteveJ's Lord Lucan thread. "It seems to be located around page 9194738 of the CE forum," His Lordship stated, "I won't stop until justice prevails and the thread returns to page 1. I just have to hack my way through ten million Trump threads first."

Other experts doubt that the thread can be redeemed, and dare to suggest a solution to the mystery: "The truth is, the thread was crap; and that's why it's vanished," said internet archaeologist Sid Ricketts, 47. Tim Sherwood has offered to become manager of the thread, and indeed, the world.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's always nice when your love for the search function of this forum rewards you with a hidden gem :lol:

Edit: Is it because I'm intoxicated or did you just rename the title, because everything went into meltdown when I tried to post this and I had to login again and I would swear it was called Indiana Lucan and the thread of something when i found it:lol:

Last edited:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Lord Lucan hunts for 'missing thread'

Lord Lucan/SteveJ

Enigmatic socialite Lord Lucan has revealed that he hopes to solve one of Britain's outstanding unsolved mysteries: the disappearance of SteveJ's Lord Lucan thread. "It seems to be located around page 9194738 of the CE forum," His Lordship stated, "I won't stop until justice prevails and the thread returns to page 1. I just have to hack my way through ten million Trump threads first."

Other experts doubt that the thread can be redeemed, and dare to suggest a solution to the mystery: "The truth is, the thread was crap; and that's why it's vanished," said internet archaeologist Sid Ricketts, 47. Tim Sherwood has offered to become manager of the thread, and indeed, the world.
:lol:

SteveJ

Scout
Allegedly in Brazil, disguised as a bartender.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
was lord lucan particularly lusty and impressive? my girlfriend has nicknamed my johnson "lord lucan" and i can only imagine it's due to his magnificence and size.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
was lord lucan particularly lusty and impressive? my girlfriend has nicknamed my johnson "lord lucan" and i can only imagine it's due to his magnificence and size.
His Wikipedia describes him as a particularly short and warty man assumed by his peers to moonlight down on the docks.

SteveJ

Scout
Still missing.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not the update I was lucan for.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

:lol:That's a fair point, it must be the most tarnished noble title going. Guaranteed way to never be able to get takeaway food ever again.

SteveJ

Scout
Good. It's about time somebody went on the telly to talk about this thread, Colly.

SteveJ

Scout
If so, chief, he deserves his fate.