Losing 3(+) times at home in a PL season

Chabon

Just the seventh time we’ve managed it since football was invented. Thrice under Fergie, once each under Moyes and LVG, and now twice with Ole at the wheel:

01/02 - 6 defeats in 19
03/04 - 3 defeats in 19
12/13 - 3 defeats in 19
13/14 - 7 defeats in 19
14/15 - 3 defeats in 19
18/19 - 3 defeats in 19
20/21 - 3 defeats in 4

Tingen

I get your point - it’s been terrible - though it should be remembered that the 4 matches have been without spectators which kinda nullifies a lot of the home advantage compared to the other seasons listed.

Orestetes

I get your point - it’s been terrible - though it should be remembered that the 4 matches have been without spectators which kinda nullifies a lot of the home advantage compared to the other seasons listed.
Strange that this only affects us and not the other top teams.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just the seventh time we’ve managed it since football was invented. Thrice under Fergie, once each under Moyes and LVG, and now twice with Ole at the wheel:

01/02 - 6 defeats in 19
03/04 - 3 defeats in 19
12/13 - 3 defeats in 19
13/14 - 7 defeats in 19
14/15 - 3 defeats in 19
18/19 - 3 defeats in 19
20/21 - 3 defeats in 4
Was he in charge for those 3 home defeats in 18/19?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The goal posts have been moved quite a bit now regarding playing at home. Last week Ole was talking about maybe needing to do something differently in our preparation for home matches, tonight there are no home or away matches, it's all the same.

I don't care if there is no crowd at OT, it's a home match and we are expected to win.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The stats definitely don't back up the idea that home advantage is nullified without fans.

This. And the current Arsenal team is no gimme in, what is effectively, a neutral venue. Lack of proper preseason might have impacted the Palace and Spurs result as well.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Strange that this only affects us and not the other top teams.
It affects everyone, you can post as many shor-term counterexamples as you want, the home field advantage is a thing and is not the same without fans.

Also, as thins sounds like a comparison with City/Liverpool, in what universe are United still a top team? Teams on a similar level - Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal; have all already dropped points at home.

GledTheRed

Worst thing is theses cnuts who've turned us over will probably have a crowd for the return fixture in which we will probably lose, Chavs, Spurs, Gooners.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Worst thing is theses cnuts who've turned us over will probably have a crowd for the return fixture in which we will probably lose, Chavs, Spurs, Gooners.
Like they wouldn't turn us over anyway...

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Wasn't there a study at one point that suggested home advantage is purely a result of the crowd influencing referee decisions?

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Yes, home advantage isn't what it normally is, but not a single team has a worse home/away difference. It's remarkable really...

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
It's a bit weird. That's the end of last season only. This season the stats are basically reversed.

Behind closed doors:
Last season: P: 92 W:43 D:20 L:29 (W: 46.7% D:21.7% L:31.5%)
This season: P: 66 W:23 D:13 L:30 (W: 34.8% D:19.7% L:45.5%)

Maybe it's just sample size but it does seem to be a thing this season.

432JuanMata

Yeah that is actually true. But to counteract that we have been excellent away because other teams don’t have fans, we might of won a home game this season if there was fans but we could of lost at Brighton or Newcastle if they had fans

Sylar

12/13 was annoying cos we were so far ahead. Im sure we lost 2 of our last 4 home games, and only won like 3 of our last 9 or something. We 'could' have gone for 100 points if the players hadnt switched off by then (but then again, they deserved it and we still won the league by 11 points)

Our home form is worrying. I want to say thankfully we got West Brom next at home, and Martial returning, but who knows...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So by the time we get fans back we could be in serious trouble. If anything the fans actually make the United players nervous at times.

Orestetes

It affects everyone, you can post as many shor-term counterexamples as you want, the home field advantage is a thing and is not the same without fans.

Also, as thins sounds like a comparison with City/Liverpool, in what universe are United still a top team? Teams on a similar level - Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal; have all already dropped points at home.
Who cares? Stop making dumb excuses for the crap football we're getting served. Losing 1-6 at home to Spurs has nothing to do with the absence of home fans.