Louis van Gaal is new Bondscoach

Amir

Of course, he already had the job a decade ago and botched it up, not even getting to the 2002 World Cup.

Blackwidow

Of course, he already had the job a decade ago and botched it up, not even getting to the 2002 World Cup.
I did not follow that so much 10 years ago - oh, yes, the jokes in Germany... - but not why that happened.

I think he is a real great coach - but he is the one that rules and at least on club sides he really cleans up the team. Who does not play his game is gone. And he wants discipline. He might not be the nicest - he told e.g. Gomez and Tymoschtuschuk at the beginning of their times at Munich that they are not his buys and that he would not have bought them - but he gave players more chances if they showed ambition than his successor who powders a couple of players and talks a lot about the talents of the rest but never gave chances. I like the first method more. The appreciated players that worked hard and this like e.g. Robben, Schweinsteiger, Müller etc. - never had any problems with him and still talk very well about him.

But at Bayern the problem was that this club only has one king - Hoeness. Rummenigge and all of the others will do everything what he wants. And van Gaal and Hoeness... - that just did not function...

---------------

Bondscoach = coach of the Elftal (the national team of the Netherlands)

you know that bundle of egoists around RvP, Sneijder, Robben, van der Vaart... :cool:

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
It's rare in football to get another crack of the whip as manager after botching it the first time around.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Something tells me he'll botch it this time as well as he's never been one to change his methods or philosophy throughout his managerial career.

He'll fail for exactly the same reasons he did the first time.

Cristiano_RAFC

He's a good choice to add some dicipline to that team, but I doubt he'll succeed. My reason for that is the fact that the current group of young players coming through are just not as talented as we are used to from The Netherlands.

Franq

Something tells me he'll botch it this time as well as he's never been one to change his methods or philosophy throughout his managerial career.

He'll fail for exactly the same reasons he did the first time.
Hmm no dont think so - back then he had a group of players in their late twenties/early thirties, all in their prime... he wasnt suited for that because they didnt take his methods seriously (which are more aimed at getting young talents to play TOGETHER and building from there) This is exactly where we are now - we have to bring in new, younger players and get them to play the game like we are used to in Holland, attactive, attacking free flowing football, not that horrendous defensive stuff that brought us to the WC final :) Only thing i worry is his attitude towards the media...

Blackwidow

What he did with Bayern was immense, too.

He changed the playing style totally, threw out some players and put in some youngsters.

The problem was just that he is a coach that needs to be the "king" in the club - like e.g. Mourinho - you need to let him work (he always talked about a 3-year-plan for his system - so we only saw step 1) - but at Bayern the only king is Hoeness... In his second year with the players that were tired after the world cup, with massive injury problems and through that with a real bad start in the season there was more an infight between Hoeness and van Gaal and some players that took advantage of that...

And he only has problems with players that have problems with discipline.

He has a by-name at Munich - the celebration-beast :cool: