Lower league players that could possibly make it to pl one day

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I doubt anyone here watched league one football enough to say. You can see the excellent stats of Peterborough players for instance, but without watching them each week, it’s impossible to say for sure if they have the ability to step up.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
There's a fair few championship players who I'm convinced would thrive in the pl, but I don't watch enough league one football to have an informed opinion on players from there.

I try and watch Ipswich every now and then as I'm friendly with one of their players. It's hard to gauge because they were pretty crap under Lambert, but Andre Dozzell (son of Ipswich legend Jason Dozzell) broke through very young and while he's had some bad injuries I do think he'll be a decent player. Probably not premier league level though.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I doubt anyone here watched league one football enough to say. You can see the excellent stats of Peterborough players for instance, but without watching them each week, it’s impossible to say for sure if they have the ability to step up.
Just so happens Peterborough are my second team so watched every game. Siriki Dembele could definitely play for a bottom half team in the Prem.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I haven't really watched League One football since Leicester were down there. I predicted Andy King could be a PL star at the time. He.wasn't quite the star but he held his own in the top division for a while.

Bertie Wooster

If I'd seen this thread earlier, I'd have named Matthew Sorinola off MK Dons. A young, quick, skilful attacking full back / wing back who is better going forward and can play on both sides - often on the left in the 2nd half of the season due to our own Ethan Laird's form on loan.

However he's turned down a new deal with them and, despite interest from the championship, he's opted to join a newly promoted team to the Belgian top flight. That team have strong links with Brighton though, so the suspicion is he'll end up at Brighton at some point. He's definitely got the raw ability to potentially make it to that level as an attacking full back in the modern game.

Dons have also got a classy, ball playing 21 year old CB called Harry Darling who is the kind of centre back with the technical ability to play at a higher level. MK Dons are playing an amazing, and very ununual for lower leagues, style of possession based football. And Darling was brought in with that in mind.

Despite his age, he'd already impressed for a season and a half at Cambridge in league two and, after joining Dons, he was quality in the 2nd half of that season in league one. Another year like that and he'll likely be attracting championship, even lower PL, interest.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

A couple of young Wigan strikers with some potential...

Kyle Joseph is only 19, but broke into the first team last year and impressed. He had a handful of goals before injury ruled him out. He's been regularly linked with moves to the championship, PL clubs, and the Old Firm. He's inexperienced so I'm guessing if he got a move to the PL he'd only been in the U23's or out on loan.

I also just want to mention Callum Lang. No way he'll be signed by PL clubs any time soon but I've rated him for a while and think he's good enough for some championship clubs at this stage. He's 22 now, but when Wigan had money and were in the championship he was mostly loaned out as a youngster and did well in league 2.

Last season, he started out on loan in the SPL and did OK. He returned to Wigan for the second half of the season and scored the goals that kept them up - 9 in 22. He'll be a regular there next season and, if he keeps up his form and has the kind of season I'm expecting, I think he'll be getting championship links and taking that next step up the leagues.

Bertie Wooster

Just so happens Peterborough are my second team so watched every game. Siriki Dembele could definitely play for a bottom half team in the Prem.
Although not really 'lower league players' now, it'll be interesting to see how some of the newly promoted players, who've done well in league one, perform in the championship.

The likes of Siriki Dembele and Jonson Clarke Harris for Peterborough, and Mallik Wilks off Hull...

Chipper

Adulterer.
Stabs in the dark:.

Rob Atkinson - Oxford
Keane Lewis-Potter - Hull
Brennan Johnson - Lincoln (on loan from Nottingham Forest)
Carlos Mendes Gomes - Morecambe

Chipper

Adulterer.
Stabs in the dark:.

Rob Atkinson - Oxford
Keane Lewis-Potter - Hull
Brennan Johnson - Lincoln (on loan from Nottingham Forest)
Carlos Mendes Gomes - Morecambe
Randomly remembered this thread when seeing something about Brennan Johnson. Him and Lewis-Potter, now at Brentford have made it so far. Bit of a self-congratulatory bump is this.

Not looking good for Mendes Gomes, Luton bought him and they made the playoffs last season but he didn't get much playing time. If they had come up it's doubtful he'd have been used in the Premier League and he's now on loan at Fleetwood in League One.

Atkinson still has a shot, got a move to Bristol City in the Championship where he is a regular.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Michael Cooper for Plymouth. Although second guessing it a bit this season given he stayed there, was convinced he was getting an upper Championship move at the minimum.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Randomly remembered this thread when seeing something about Brennan Johnson. Him and Lewis-Potter, now at Brentford have made it so far. Bit of a self-congratulatory bump is this.

Not looking good for Mendes Gomes, Luton bought him and they made the playoffs last season but he didn't get much playing time. If they had come up it's doubtful he'd have been used in the Premier League and he's now on loan at Fleetwood in League One.

Atkinson still has a shot, got a move to Bristol City in the Championship where he is a regular.
Well worth a self-congratulatory bump to be fair.