Luis Campos Europe's most successful Director of Football

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
"The world’s most successful talent spotter and team-builder"

Luis Campos, the man credited with kickstarting Kylian MBappé’s career and building the Monaco team which beat PSG to the title and made the Champions League semis in 2017, and made almost 1billion through player sales in the process.

His latest success story has been at Lille, where through similar thinking the club has also been able to take on PSG in the French top flight win the title and make huge profits in the transfer market.

Who is Luis Campos? And how did he become one of Europe’s most successful sporting directors

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's the proof that just because you have a lot of football knowledge doesn't mean you're going to be a good manager. He was clever enough to understand it and shifted his career to Director of Football.

His managerial record was so poor that we even nicknamed him making a pun with his name: Luís Campas (Campas is the word for graves in portuguese).

He seems to be a very good at organizing the football club structure: it's not only the player scouting: it's also hiring technical staff, making sure the season is planned to the detail and that there are alternatives in case anyone leaves.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Talk of real madrid trying to hire him

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I thought Campos wanted out of his involvement with Lille last year? I understand he wasn't even employed by the club?

youmeletsfly

Madrid could really do with someone to put in place proper squad building.
Don't think he'd go to Madrid to be Florentino's puppet. No wonder he's called Florenthanos in Spain.
Someone like Campos would need to be left alone and mind his own business in order to achieve what he usually does. We all know that at RM Florentino is calling the shots, unless he fell recently fell on his head or something.