Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

'How is your partnership with Luis Suarez?'
'Really good. One of us bites and the other kicks.'

:lol:

clarkydaz

Wonder if he celebrates scoring against barca. Hope so after the nauseating lovesick farewells last week

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Are Barca replacing him with anyone?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Was outstanding. That header was nothing short of sensational. Such a coup for Atletico.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Suarez suits atheltico madrid like crazy.

He can play that main tough built striker role that Athletico madrid always use - having the whole team play around for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did better with individual stats/performances at Atletico compared to how he was doing at Barcelona more in recent seasons.

Suarez at Athletico reminds me of him possibly playing like he did at liverpool (as the main man) but with a much more balanced squad all around him.

Robbie Boy

Selling him to a rival was madness, even though he's well past his peak, he's still a very good player. His cnut style suits a Simeone side down to the ground.

Last edited:

HJ12

Why were Barca so keen to force him out? To free up wages? Surely he could have been used as a squad option if they wanted a new man to lead the line.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As much as we all used to/still dislike him, he's the best CF of this generation. And given a team that creates chances, he'll still score you plenty of goals even if he's lost a few yards of pace. I'd have gotten rid of others and kept him if I were Bartemeu.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why were Barca so keen to force him out? To free up wages? Surely he could have been used as a squad option if they wanted a new man to lead the line.
I think apart from that - I heard the manager wants to give players at Barcelona their true positions.

Suarez blocks Greizmanns or Messi's ability to play centrally. If Greizmann plays LW it blocks Fati or Dembele( same on the right for Ousamane).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Costa and Suarez has always been a odd dream pairing of mine.
It almost happened for Liverpool. We met costa's release clause the year before he had his big breakthrough, but he chose to sign a new contract with atletico.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He's the best striker of the last decade for me. The only striker that runs him close is Aguero.
Best player of the last decade as well outside of Messi/Ronaldo. For a bit he was actually playing at their level. If not for them overshadowing everyone, he'd be retiring with a much greater legacy.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Unpopular opinion : football misses funny characters like him

Irwin99

I felt dirty as I picked him over Shearer in my all time PL XI as the striker, not because he's a bigger legend than Shearer but because he'd fit more in line with a fluid front three. He was absolutely a top, top player despite being a cnut.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I felt dirty as I picked him over Shearer in my all time PL XI as the striker, not because he's a bigger legend than Shearer but because he'd fit more in line with a fluid front three. He was absolutely a top, top player despite being a cnut.
Brilliant player. Never stopped moving. Defenders always on edge and Kept busy with him ESPECIALLY when his team dont have the ball. Adds so much to his team.

When I look at Martial I think if he worked hard like Suarez he'd also be a top player.

RashyForPM

What's about this is not a single one of them laughs. Not even Suarez.
Yeah that was so awkward. Suarez looked like he felt sudden pity for Neymar despite the fact that it was him who kicked the ball underneath Neymar, Neymar wanted to have it out with Suarez and Messi couldn’t give less of a shit :lol:

archiebald

Suarez was my favourite top tier CF over Lewa/Benz/Aguero. Had the mean streak - something you want in at least one player on your team - to match his ability.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
His goal record in the last 13 years is pretty absurd, I didn't realise he played and scored so many for Barca.

2007–2011Ajax110(81)
2011–2014Liverpool110(69)
2014–2020Barcelona191(147)

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55185398

Suarez case: Juventus director probed over footballer's Italian exam
Aaaand… no action will be pursued, neither from the legal courts nor from the sporting courts. Quelle surprise!!

(double irony, you know, from a Juve fan faking his surprise at oppo fans faking their own surprise for this decision)

This entire matter is a joke, of course, but still... may it be any good for a long awaited coup?