Luis Suarez - Barcelona Player

WhoDaGOAT

This is why he made my Europe vs South America XI.

So damn clinical. A gifted lunatic.

Goals, assists and match winning moments. He brings it all to the table.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Suarez has been truly elite since 13/14. 31 goals and 13 assists in the PL without penalties (Gerrard took them) is no joke.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Im actually asking which one is it?
Well, you can put him on the same level as Ronaldo in terms of skill set, with Suarez being better as of the last two seasons. Still, Ronaldo has accomplished more and been more consistent in his output throughout his career.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I hope he never wins the Balon d ' or even if it was deserved.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
By that logic, if Griezzman shines in CL final and wins it and then wins the Euros with France then has a decent 3 months before December then he should win it.

I really dislike it when people use titles as a massive indicator as the Ballon d'Or winner. The team wins the Championship, not one player.
Agreed with you but it's unfortunately been the biggest indicators of these award winners.

Treble

Ronaldo can still win Ballon d'Or, he has to score 2 goals in the CL final and have a very good Euro, that will be enough. The CL trophey is by far the most important one. Winning it with a new goascoring record woud be fantastic.

Credit to Suarez. Incredible season. He'll add a goal or two in the Copa del Rey final and thus will make it 60+.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
That's big if, I doubt Portugal would get out of their group.
Why is that? We have a better manager now than when we reached the Semi's in the last Euro. Better midfield as well, with plenty of choices. Like Kevin said, our problem as usual is lack of a decent striker. We won't play with one i suppose since our prime choice is Éder, a player who barely played in a mid table team such as Swansea. It will be hard to reach the semi's again but i think we will definitely pass group stage. We have always passed group stages at Euro's and World Cup's except in the WC2014 mostly because of Paulo Bento. I don't consider us in the group of favourites for the Euro because of the handicap of not having a decent striker (it's my sincery opinion that ALL national teams at the Euro have better striker options than us), also because i have serious doubts about Ronaldo's physical condition but i think we will get past group stages and have a reasonable campaign. I trust Fernando Santos. He did miracles with Greece, hope he can do a good job with us as well.

gingerless

Is this the future of Spanish football? Every top signing is going to rape their defences every season?
Messi and Ronaldo were considered freaks due to their ungodly goals to games ratios but its looking as if they just got there first. Suarez is as good as Ronaldo ever was this season and he's approaching 30. Neymar looks as if he will break that barrier soon while Bale is finding his shooting boots over there as well.
With the quality of real and barca and with the lack of incentive to concede as few goals as possible in la liga (gd doesn't matter), I am not surprised at all. I found it more surprising that people rated Ronaldo as highly as they do because of his goalscoring, it was only a matter of time until there was another forward in one of the 2 teams that was given the role of the main scorer and consequently equal their goal tallies.

If I'm not mistaken there's more goals being scored in modern football too. Before, scoring 30 goals a season was an incredible achievement, now it's pretty much every top striker(s) in every league who reach that level. Soon enough when Ronaldo is gone and Messi is pushed into a more central role we will see neymar and Bale score similarly and hopefully that will demonstrate that the amount of goals that Ronaldo and Messi have been scoring was more a consequence of team play rather than showering the scorer with individual accolades for the numbers they put up.

I'm hoping that will open the eyes of football fans to focus more on watching the team game rather than having a statistical shit flinging party every time one or the other player is mentioned. It will do a lot of good for other players who probably deserve more of our respect and attention, midfielders, defenders, goalkeepers and even coaches.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
CR7 scored 50+ goals for the sixth season in a row and Messi scored over 90 in a year while running the show. Good luck Luis matching that.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why is that? We have a better manager now than when we reached the Semi's in the last Euro. Better midfield as well, with plenty of choices. Like Kevin said, our problem as usual is lack of a decent striker. We won't play with one i suppose since our prime choice is Éder, a player who barely played in a mid table team such as Swansea. It will be hard to reach the semi's again but i think we will definitely pass group stage. We have always passed group stages at Euro's and World Cup's except in the WC2014 mostly because of Paulo Bento. I don't consider us in the group of favourites for the Euro because of the handicap of not having a decent striker (it's my sincery opinion that ALL national teams at the Euro have better striker options than us), also because i have serious doubts about Ronaldo's physical condition but i think we will get past group stages and have a reasonable campaign. I trust Fernando Santos. He did miracles with Greece, hope he can do a good job with us as well.
Fair enough, I may be underrating you.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Became the 2nd player after Ruud to be topscorer in 3 different major European leagues