Luis Suarez - Barcelona Player

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Currently on 39 goals and 16 assists in the league. Directly involved in 55 goals. Unreal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He'll win the Balon Dor unless one of Messi or Ronaldo is miles better from August to December of next season which probably won't happen.

Deservedly too, the annoying prick.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
So good that FIFA and UEFA won't be able to discount him from awards any more. He's incredible.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
He'll win the Balon Dor unless one of Messi or Ronaldo is miles better from August to December of next season which probably won't happen.

Deservedly too, the annoying prick.
Euros could have a big impact, if Ronaldo does something special with Portugal.

amolbhatia50k

Euros could have a big impact, if Ronaldo does something special with Portugal.
Suarez could do the same in the Copa Americas centenary as could Messi or Neymar.

Besides Suarez has just been the best throughout. He's played at a higher level even disregarding trophies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It will be a crime if he doesn't win the Ballon d'Or. He'll need to have an absolute nightmare to bottle his frontrunner tag.

Totally deserves it. No one has come close to scoring Messi and Ronaldo's number for goals apart from him - and he's actually done it sensationally.

Best striker in the world.

Skills

Snitch
It will be a crime if he doesn't win the Ballon d'Or. He'll need to have an absolute nightmare to bottle his frontrunner tag.

Totally deserves it. No one has come close to scoring Messi and Ronaldo's number for goals apart from him - and he's actually done it sensationally.

Best striker in the world.
Ronaldo will win it, if Madrid with the CL.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Ronaldo will win it. IF he wins the Cl and reaches the euro final. Would help if he does spectacularly in either final.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Ronaldo will win it. IF he wins the Cl and reaches the euro final. Would help if he does spectacularly in either final.
That's big if, I doubt Portugal would get out of their group.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
According to some portuguese poster (was it @Sly ?) they have a much improved team this year. Only lack a striker but are better in the rest of the positions.

Skills

Snitch
They always turn up for the Euros. Plus Iceland, Austria & Hungary isn't the most challenging of groups, and up to 3 will go through from a group with the new format.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
By that logic, if Griezzman shines in CL final and wins it and then wins the Euros with France then has a decent 3 months before December then he should win it.

I really dislike it when people use titles as a massive indicator as the Ballon d'Or winner. The team wins the Championship, not one player.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Feck it, even if Ronaldo loses the cl final he will still win it if he put a few past germany in the euros final. Euros will decide all.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
By that logic, if Griezzman shines in CL final and wins it and then wins the Euros with France then has a decent 3 months before December then he should win it.

I really dislike it when people use titles as a massive indicator as the Ballon d'Or winner. The team wins the Championship, not one player.
I agree that is ridiculous. Except Ronaldo will then not only have won a cl being already topscorer of the competition without having played the final yet and having already scored 50 club goals in all compeitions this season. Hardly a David May balmy night in Barcelona 1998 story.

Plus I did say he will need to do well in the euros too to add to that.

cyberman

Is this the future of Spanish football? Every top signing is going to rape their defences every season?
Messi and Ronaldo were considered freaks due to their ungodly goals to games ratios but its looking as if they just got there first. Suarez is as good as Ronaldo ever was this season and he's approaching 30. Neymar looks as if he will break that barrier soon while Bale is finding his shooting boots over there as well.

3KDré

Is this the future of Spanish football? Every top signing is going to rape their defences every season?
Messi and Ronaldo were considered freaks due to their ungodly goals to games ratios but its looking as if they just got there first. Suarez is as good as Ronaldo ever was this season and he's approaching 30. Neymar looks as if he will break that barrier soon enough as well, Bale is finding his shooting boots over there as well.
Please don't make light of the term 'rape'. It will offend some people.

Skills

Snitch
Messi and Ronaldo were considered freaks due to their ungodly goals to games ratios but its looking as if they just got there first. Suarez is as good as Ronaldo ever was this season and he's approaching 30. Neymar looks as if he will break that barrier soon enough as well, Bale is finding his shooting boots over there as well.
Suarez was scoring a goal a game in the premier league without taking penalties.

amolbhatia50k

Messi and Ronaldo were considered freaks due to their ungodly goals to games ratios but its looking as if they just got there first. Suarez is as good as Ronaldo ever was this season and he's approaching 30. Neymar looks as if he will break that barrier soon while Bale is finding his shooting boots over there as well.
Suarez was scoring a goal a game in the premier league without taking penalties.
This.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Add to that the penalties And passes the likes of Messi is giving him and it's hardly a surprise.

cyberman

I don't think he was but that really isn't my point. Would other top strikers going to Spain and destroying their defences diminish Messi and Ronaldos goal scoring feats? Do they become mortal players rather than these Gods they were made out to be?

amolbhatia50k

I don't think he was but that really isn't my point. Would other top strikers going to Spain and destroying their defences diminish Messi and Ronaldos goal scoring feats? Do they become mortal players rather than these Gods they were made out to be?
Two points

1. The pair of them have done it season in season out.

2. Messi for example at his most dominant is a far superior player to Suarez as he can both score as many goals and run the game and be its most creative player.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's easy to score a shit-ton of goals in one season. What sets the 2 freaks apart is their ability to maintain that form over 6-7 seasons and counting. So I don't think Suarez's exploits change much.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Well for one, Messi wasn't considered a freak for his goals ratio. He does much more than that.

cyberman

Two points

1. The pair of them have done it season in season out.

2. Messi for example at his most dominant is a far superior player to Suarez as he can both score as many goals and run the game and be its most creative player.
But thats why I said did they get there first.
Suarez is the best player in the world atm but is he not considered to be on the Messi / Ronaldo God level because he took the long way around and didn't have the advantages of being signed by United at 18 or come through Barca's academy?

Skills

Snitch
I don't get how Suarez doing it diminishes Messi & Ronaldo's achievements. It would imply that Suarez is merely an average player, but he's arguably one of the best strikers ever based on his last few years (at least one of the best of the last 25 or years).

It's not beyond someone possessing that level of talent, to have a season matching them two. What separates them is their brutal consistency. This is a career highlight season for Suarez, while it would probably be just one of their better ones.