Lukaku or maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

In hindsight considering the general notion is that the sale of lukaku helped fund the acquisition of Maguire for 80 million, would you have preferred we had kept lukaku and not brought Maguire or happy with us selling lukaku and funding the maguire transfer?

Honestly considering how we are in situation where a 34 year old cavani being out injured is a big blow to our first team and Maguire's partnership with lindelof doesn't compliment either of them, I would have preferred we had kept lukaku instead.

Lukaku or a Chinese takeaway?

Lukaku or a good dump?

there’s almost anything I’d take over Lukaku. The exception probably being Sanchez.

arnie_ni

He needed to go for both us and his own career. He was dog shit for us.

davidmichael

I wouldn’t want Lukaku back even on a free transfer as everything about him stifled our whole play, Rashford isn’t a centre forward but once he started playing up top with Lukaku benched when Ole first came in we looked a different team.

Regardless of whether Lukaku is scoring goals in Italy or not he is NOT the answer no matter what the question is, can you imagine Fernandes pinging balls around up top with Lukaku in front of him ?

It’s clear that Maguire isn’t world class but he’s our best centre back and brings something we lacked, put a pacey centre back alongside him that can stay fit consistently and we look much better at the back then when Maguire is paired with Lindelof.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't even like Maguire but we would be far more fecked without Maguire. We scored enough goals this season, Lukaku would just take half of Bruno's goals, and some from other players, we wouldn't score more goals with him here this season, he would just score more goals than Martial which in the end probably wouldn't help us that much anyway.

Lukaku or a Chinese takeaway?

Lukaku or a good dump?

there’s almost anything I’d take over Lukaku. The exception probably being Sanchez.
:lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If we keep Smalling, Lukaku.
If we sell Smalling, Maguire.
But that's me. It's clear to see Ole didnt want Lukaku. So any kind of logical reason behind keeping him wouldnt make any difference. He was already dead when Ole was appointed permanent manager.

Oranges038

Maguire, not his biggest fan but he's solid and he just gets on with it

Also, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone thinks there is any reason Lukaku should have been kept. I wouldn't have kept him around to cut the grass or clean the jacks, never mind play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.