Lukaku to Chelsea? €100m bid + player rejected

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will.make them title challengers cause he scores goals. The problem is that he has a ceiling and Chelsea will soon start thinking about an upgrade.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The one thing Chelsea lacked last season was a striker putting away their chances. Lukaku is that guy.
Possibly true and I'd argue he fits in more at Chelsea than he did at Utd especially in a two-striker partnership but I still think he will severely impact their overall fluidity and technical ability. Think he would be the signing that ensures Utd stays ahead of Chelsea for the foreseeable, especially if we managed to snap up Haaland next summer.

Jev

What's he good at again?
Physically imposing with an ability to use his size well making him absolutely dominant in certain games and against certain defences. Intelligent. A constant headache in the box. Quite fast for a player of his size. Also pretty sound technically, even though confirmation bias will have some blind United fans going bonkers over the odd bad first-touch. He's also proven to be a guaranteed goalscorer for several teams and in several leagues. Even at the club he performed worst for, United, he was still pretty decent. His strengths are obvious for anyone who hasn't decided to turn a blind eye to them. I'm not saying he's the best striker in the world but it's just moronic how so many United fans make it sound like he's a terrible player.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Was delighted when we sold Lukaku, really didnt work out well for him here, the extra weight didnt help him but he's shifted that now and i think he'd be a decent signing for Chelsea, and give them more than they have in Werner.

That said, wouldnt pay £100m+ for him and glad its not us being linked with him!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anytime you hear the word donkey or animal refering to a player, it seems to be towards a black player. Not sure its just me but the tone always makes me wonder and question the reasoning behind it…
Ffs :lol:

Ekeke

Expensive but one of the best strikers around. Has undoubtably improved his teamplay, which he started to do at United in his last season here with a couple of nice disguised passes into the forward

SAFMUTD

I don't know who's worse, Chelsea for making that offer or Inter for rejecting it.

It would be the best transfer window we've had in years if City sign Kane and Chelsea sign Lukaku. It will weaken both of them, Chelsea especially so, and gives us a free run at Haaland next summer.

Zen86

He’d probably do well for Chelsea, better for them than he was for us. That said, he’s a sensitive soul and would crumble eventually.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
It would be the best transfer window we've had in years if City sign Kane and Chelsea sign Lukaku. It will weaken both of them, Chelsea especially so, and gives us a free run at Haaland next summer.
Kane would weaken City? I’m intrigued.

Zlatattack

This would be great for us. It'd ensure Chelsea don't have a decent striker again this season and be £100m down.

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
I’m sure he’ll score quite a few goals for Chelsea, but I can’t understand why we are pursuing him instead of Haaland. I don’t believe that Chelsea have even put a bid in for Haaland. If Chelsea are offering £100m - £120m for Lukaku, why not offer that to test the waters with Dortmund?

C'est Moi Cantona

He's looked better since he left us, and would be a masive upgrade for Chelsea, no point in pretending otherwise.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Two of the best goal-scoring forwards in Europe joining our direct rivals wouldn't necessarily be something I would class as a 'great window for United'.

pascell

I’m sure he’ll score quite a few goals for Chelsea, but I can’t understand why we are pursuing him instead of Haaland. I don’t believe that Chelsea have even put a bid in for Haaland. If Chelsea are offering £100m - £120m for Lukaku, why not offer that to test the waters with Dortmund?
Haaland probably wasn't that interested

IrishRedDevil

If he does come back to England, the English media and United fans will eat him for breakfast after every single mistake.

Even if he scores 30 goals a season, his flaws will be highlighted and picked on even more than they have been before, and he has shown that he is too fragile to ignore the criticism.

AgentSmith

Lukaku isn’t, objectively, worth even close to that amount but given the scarcity of proper no.9s available, and how much of a hole that position is for Chelsea, he probably is worth it to them subjectively.

Will it be a continuation of that 3-4-3 system for Chelsea next season?

Mendy
Kounde Silva Rudiger
James Kante Jorginho Chilwell
Havertz/Werner Mount
Lukaku​

Seems a strong and functional XI, the football won’t be pretty but will be effective. Lukaku encapsulates it well.

Blood Mage

He's a better player now than he was at United, he's better at holding up the ball and his link up play is quite good now. He'll be a good signing for Chelsea. I'd rather they buy him than Haaland though.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He will score a few goals for them I’m sure but 120 million? that’s a laughable price for a bloke that’s only good in the area.

laughtersassassin

Lukaku will do great at Chelsea.

They have a much better team than we did and I'm sure Tuchel will us him very well

Still no regrets selling as I truly hated watching the way he plays football.

He has also probably progressed since then so I think will be a brilliant signing.

Helps us in our pursuit of Halaand for next year but kind of fecks us over for next season as competition will be insane.

Chelsea would really be aiming for 1st or 2nd legitimately while with our Midfield I still see us as more a 2nd or 3rd option.

And that's not to forget Liverpool. If I was to put my money on it now assuming this Lukaku deal goes through then I'd have us fourth favourites unfortunately.

laughtersassassin

Possibly true and I'd argue he fits in more at Chelsea than he did at Utd especially in a two-striker partnership but I still think he will severely impact their overall fluidity and technical ability. Think he would be the signing that ensures Utd stays ahead of Chelsea for the foreseeable, especially if we managed to snap up Haaland next summer.
Werner is also relatively poor from a technical standpoint.

He literally cannot dribble.

Lukaku will improve Chelsea for sure imo

Still glad we sold though. Awful to watch.

I'd nearly compare it to why I dislike Fred as a footballer. I just don't like the way he plays and I can't reconcile that.

Was the same with Lukaku. Which is why I don't regret him going.

ArjenIsM3

So @ChaddyP told me we have a sell on clause of 25% of profit. What would be seen as profit though? Is it as simple as they paid €80m for it so anything above that we get 25% of? Or is it an accounting version of profit on the deal? Considering he's played for them for a while they've written off a big chunk of the fee on their books, so maybe he's worth say €50m on their books as an asset now. From an accounting perspective anything above what he's worth on the books is profit right? Do we then get 25% of anything above €50m? Or am I taking my wishful thinking way too far here :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Lukaku isn’t, objectively, worth even close to that amount but given the scarcity of proper no.9s available, and how much of a hole that position is for Chelsea, he probably is worth it to them subjectively.

Will it be a continuation of that 3-4-3 system for Chelsea next season?

Mendy
Kounde Silva Rudiger
James Kante Jorginho Chilwell
Havertz/Werner Mount
Lukaku​

Seems a strong and functional XI, the football won’t be pretty but will be effective. Lukaku encapsulates it well.
So standard Chelsea then :smirk:

OleBoiii

Lukaku is very good and he's a clear upgrade for Chelsea, but I don't think he's not gonna be as dominant in the PL.

When you pay 120-130 million for a 28 year old then he better be the best in the world in his position. To think that we got Van Persie for 25(?) million just 9 years ago. From a PL rival, no less! :lol:

ChaddyP

So @ChaddyP told me we have a sell on clause of 25% of profit. What would be seen as profit though? Is it as simple as they paid €80m for it so anything above that we get 25% of? Or is it an accounting version of profit on the deal? Considering he's played for them for a while they've written off a big chunk of the fee on their books, so maybe he's worth say €50m on their books as an asset now. From an accounting perspective anything above what he's worth on the books is profit right? Do we then get 25% of anything above €50m? Or am I taking my wishful thinking way too far here :lol:
Im just going with Duckers calculations pal :lol: .This deal is too good to be true anyway you take it.

1) Chelsea spend 120/130on lukaku
2) chelsea dont get haaland
3) united have less competition for haaland next summer

those 3 alone are amazing , getting paid on top of that is just icing on the cake

Polar

He's a better player now than he was at United, he's better at holding up the ball and his link up play is quite good now. He'll be a good signing for Chelsea.
Lukaku was and is a €80m player. Nothing more nothing less.

Really really hope Chelsea spend €120m on Lukaku. Good for us. Bad for Chelsea :lol:

ArjenIsM3

Im just going with Duckers calculations pal :lol: .This deal is too good to be true anyway you take it.

1) Chelsea spend 120/130on lukaku
2) chelsea dont get haaland
3) united have less competition for haaland next summer

those 3 alone are amazing , getting paid on top of that is just icing on the cake
Oh yeah I agree. Plus we'd get new compilations of his shite first touch!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I wouldn't mind this transfer and kane going to city. That leaves haaland and grealish for us to poach next season.