Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikineil

So I thought the deal with Inter hinged on finding a buyer for Icardi. Is that already sorted? Did I miss a tweet about that?

Number32

If Napoli wanted Icardi, Inter want Lukaku, We want Koulibaly, so why can't we just swap players then?

I know not that easy, but at least we should try.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Think if we're insisting on a straight up front cash deal, we can assume he's staying and can stand Yedder down.

Gandalf

ESPN were reporting yesterday that Icardi to Juventus is definitely going to happen, just a question of when. I did not catch the name of the person involved but it was either the President or DOF from Juve who met openly with Icardi's agent and apparently he does not do this unless a deal is definitely happening. If that is true then logically Inter will be able to complete the Lukaku deal.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
ESPN were reporting yesterday that Icardi to Juventus is definitely going to happen, just a question of when. I did not catch the name of the person involved but it was either the President or DOF from Juve who met openly with Icardi's agent and apparently he does not do this unless a deal is definitely happening. If that is true then logically Inter will be able to complete the Lukaku deal.
Nah. There was a lot of speculation two days ago about Paratici meeting Wanda Nara in Ibiza, but A) the meeting isn't confirmed and B) it was about confirming their interest. By all accounts the deal is still very far from happening

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Straight swap with Koulibaly would be a great deal.

Can7onA

Is he too lazy to sort himself out a transfer, sack of shit, get rid.

Micah Jay Dee

I believe Lukaku prefers Inter Milan because of Conte. I would Love the Koulibaly swap as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infestissumam

Icardi to Napoli is also gaining steam in the Italian press. If that's the case, Lukaku to Inter might actually happen.

el3mel

That doesn't make any kind of sense. Why would Juve want Lukaku while they have Ronaldo ?

Gandalf

That doesn't make any kind of sense. Why would Juve want Lukaku while they have Ronaldo ?
Well they have been trying to sign Icardi so clearly they want a striker. Dybala really did not seem to fit with Ronaldo last year and so they seem to think a different player would form a better partnership. This could just be a hurry up message to Icardi but that would still help us as that should free up the funds for Inter to get real about Rom. So long as somebody stumps up the cash I will be happy.

el3mel

Well they have been trying to sign Icardi so clearly they want a striker. Dybala really did not seem to fit with Ronaldo last year and so they seem to think a different player would form a better partnership. This could just be a hurry up message to Icardi but that would still help us as that should free up the funds for Inter to get real about Rom. So long as somebody stumps up the cash I will be happy.
Good points, so it seems the Italian journalists also think they're just messing up with their rivals.

Anyway I'm kinda relaxed about this. Unless one of them want to pay +70m cash from the get go for him, I don't think he'll leave.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
That's why a swap between Inter and Juve for Icardi and Dybala would make sense, it would be brilliant business for both clubs for me.
I really don't think that the Juve interest for Lukaku is true, it came out from Juve envinronment just to try to annoy Inter.

arthurka

Just get this shit done, he and Pogba can both go. The longer this drags the harder it will be for us to get players in.

Seven Seas Sardines

Just get this shit done, he and Pogba can both go. The longer this drags the harder it will be for us to get players in.
Quite the opposite. If they leave now and we go looking for replacements, their prices will rise by 20%. We should have had them here already, and in Pogba's case we definitely need to replace him before he goes. Player swap + money could be sound business(Pjanic/Casemiro/Verratti).

Last edited:

arthurka

Quite the opposite. If they leave now and we go looking for replacements, their prices will rise by 20%. We should have had them here already, and in Pogba's case we definitely need to replace him before he goes. Player swap + money could be sound business.
So you think in end of july just before the window closes and we are missing a cm and a fc the prices for us wont be steeper?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They don't. They want to make trouble for inter

Napoli's the same btw

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They don't. They want to make trouble for inter

Napoli's the same btw
What, you think both Juve and Napoli are putting out feelers only to pressure Inter into spending more money on him? He could actually be a decent fit for Napoli. And they could get without spending a penny by swapping Koulibaly.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What, you think both Juve and Napoli are putting out feelers only to pressure Inter into spending more money on him? He could actually be a decent fit for Napoli. And they could get without spending a penny by swapping Koulibaly.
It's a typical move in Italy. Dunno if the purpose is making them spend more than they want or prevent them from signing. Given both clubs actually do want Icardi, might just be a strategy to further lower inter's demands for him, though seems unnecessary given the issue there is convincing Icardi to leave...

As for the bolded, :lol::lol::lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Why are Inter acting like we're desperate to sell Lukaku to them and it's up to us what the spend and when they do it? Like, excuse me and feck you but learn your fecking place you bunch of cheating wankers.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why we want to sell him anyway? Is it because of Ole? He is our best striker and it is not that on the market you have many better strikers who are available or who want to come. Seeing that some dross like Jones and Lingard staying in this club and Pogba, Herrera and Lukaku leaving makes me really angry.

Bestietom

I think at the end of the day we may have to accept a player plus cash deal here. It could work out for us as Woodward would not spend the money we get for him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.