Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Plenty to criticise him for but doubt he'd be greeting a journo in an Anderlect shirt as some attempt to disrespect United. Apart from being completely random what would it achieve exactly? Wind necks in.

I don't know why people keep saying this. They got 19 between them in the league last year despite both Jose and Ole shoving them on the wings or the bench to make room for Lukaku. Jose also liked to not pick Pogba.

Not sure they'll get enough goals overall but I'm sure they can manage an extra 1 between them.
Was more than a indicative number and yes the circumstances are different this season but it's not like there was a drop off only last season. Without the figures I don't think either have been prolific and consistent goal scorers throughout their careers. Not saying Rom is the answer but scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football and unlike those two with his poor control etc, he knows where the goal is.....

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I didn’t read the thread either, but it’s not just based on that. All the Juventus fans I know in real life, as well as social media posts in football groups and such, I’m yet to see a single Juventus fan who wants Lukaku to join them.
Are you surprised? We ourselves have had him for two years and are frothing at the mouth to get rid of him. The initial worries about his technique when we were signing him from Everton were confirmed during this period of time.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Was more than a indicative number and yes the circumstances are different this season but it's not like there was a drop off only last season. Without the figures I don't think either have been prolific and consistent goal scorers throughout their careers. Not saying Rom is the answer but scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football and unlike those two with his poor control etc, he knows where the goal is.....
There aren't many prolific goalscorers at 21-22 years of age. The way people on here judge Martial and Rashford as if they are finished articles and experienced pros is a bit mad. Pretty sure I did a comparison last year and Rashford for example actually has a better goalscoring record than the likes of Ronaldo and Kane at his age.

I don't think the problem is relying on them two, it's that relying on them two even of thry both do well, isnt going to be enough. We didn't score nearly enough last season and now you take 15 goals off that without Lukaku. Even if Rashford and Martial bridge that gap, whuch would mean getting close to 20 goals each, we're just back where we started.

Cloud7

Are you surprised? We ourselves have had him for two years and are frothing at the mouth to get rid of him. The initial worries about his technique when we were signing him from Everton were confirmed during this period of time.
I’m not surprised at all. I was responding to a poster who seemed surprised that Juventus fans don’t seem to want him.

Water Melon

I just can not imagine him staying after all that happened. I doubt that he is popular among our players or staff. United know that he is desperate to leave but won't budge for an unfair offer, Woody may want to teach Rom a lesson. Lukaku's suitors know that he is craving to jump the ship but they will have convince Woody first. So instead of trying to save on transfer amount they are likely to ask the Belgian to decrease his wage demands. As far as we all know the undergrown ass man is now at Anderlecht's training ground. Won't be surprised to see stamina test results leaked if the donkey ever shows up at Carrington again.

Cristiano_RAFC

It was just on the news here in Belgium that Lukaku was on the training pitch at RSC Anderlecht again today when he should have been back in Manchester.

IrishRedDevil

Prick!

Big baby.

‘Lukaku is now persona non grada at United. United expected him to show up for training today after the players had a day off on Monday, but Lukaku refused because he no longer feels welcome. He's no longer innocent, he's refusing to work.’

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Ed must be loving this. Keep him past the buying window, but sell him to Europe. Profit.

Bugger.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He's come across a prick the last few months. No desire or effort really last season - now doing a di Maria on it and not returning.

ArjenIsM3

Article says: Lukaku is now persona non grada at United. United expected him to show up for training today after the players had a day off on monday but Lukaku refused because he no longer feels welcome. He's no longer innocent, he's refusing to work.
I'll just leave my post from the transfer tweets topic here

red4ever 79

Not surprising, he is probably sulking after Ole gave him the hairdryer treatment.
Crazy. He has refused to play all summer. Posted the sprinting stats online (not that I give a s*it about that) and now is not training with Utd.

So what do we do with such a problem.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
If he has an argument with somebody I mean, deal with it, man. You’re a grown-ass man, deal with it.
Romelu 'grown ass man' Lukaku

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Romelu 'grown ass man' Lukaku
I wonder if there’s bad blood between him and Pogba from the Jose time. Which might be one of the reasons we’re getting rid (apart from suitability).

SilverPaper on the Breeze

I thought he was awful and incredibly overrated when we bought him, now it appears he’s also a tosser. Can’t wait to see him leave; don’t think a United player has ever infuriated me more.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
If I speak, I am condemned
If I stay silent, I am damned

Nicklas

It was reported at the time that they fell out, definitely something in it.
My guess is that it's about Lukakus comment that went something along with "A grown ass man should be able to deal with Mourinho" that surfaced around the same time Pogba and Mourinho fell out in Nov/Dec, iirc.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
This is from Sky Sports:

Romelu Lukaku is training at Anderlecht again today - and we're told he'll remain in Belgium until there is clarity on his future.

The decision for the striker, whom Manchester United are keen to offload, to stay there is a mutual arrangement between Lukaku and Old Trafford chiefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.