Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedred

He has been destined to leave since the start of this window. Yet we let him go on the final day with no replacement. Even for Ed, this is a new low.

This clearly means that we had no plans of replacing him and Dybala would have been just an opportunistic signing.

haram

Tbf, the two PSG goals were opportunistic at best. They weren't as a result of lung busting runs...
He didn’t give up on us though did he. If Ole says he doesn’t want him then obviously he’s going to leave.

Ace of Spades

He didn’t give up on us though did he. If Ole says he doesn’t want him then obviously he’s going to leave.
Ole did not say he did not want him, stop making stuff up. He was no longer automatic starter, but that did not mean he was told to feck off. But of course, the donkey was more than happy to start yapping about a move even before the season ended.

EnelDoobacabra

Pogba is a child in a man's body but he performs for us more often than not and it's clearly his agent causing most of his problems.

Lingard is a fool but he loves the club.

Di Maria couldn't handle the pressure.

Sanchez has done nothing wrong, he's just not played well.

I can't recall the last time anyone refused to train for us.

I mean I guess it's what you deem as "wrong"... I personally think Pogba's tantrums that have spanned the better part of 2.5 years now are far, far more detrimental to the club than Lukaku's heavyhanded forcing of his transfer (not that I excuse that... just as a straight comparison). I think players like Pogba are protected a lot more due to their status and image (i.e. Ole will make excuses as to why Pogba misses trainings or flights for preseason, but with Rom he acts flabbergasted over the Anderlecht training). I also think Sanchez is effectively stealing wages from the club without any intention of putting in the necessary hard work to achieve the results and standards he needs at this point in his career... he doesn't even seem capable of staying fit longer than 3 weeks, and whilst I understand that there's only so much you can do about being injury prone, it doesn't appear that he's doing anything at all. I will admit that one could just be paranoia on my behalf though... There's every chance he's a model, hardworking professional... I just doubt it due to his reputation from Arsenal and the fact that he is a notoriously isolated member of the team.

Di Maria all but forced a transfer through too. Not to mention his week to week whinging about how much he detested Manchester and England in general.

Lingard though, is an absolute clown in my opinion. He is the player that most defaces the club. His actions are seldom monitored and he's given free reign to act like a total idiot (even if he does seem like quite a nice lad to be fair to him) whilst representing United. If you want to talk about professionalism (or lake thereof), then he is easily in a league of his own. He's, unfortunately for us, a marketable disgrace. But why that justifies him starting as many matches as he does, will never ever make sense to me... genuine lack of squad depth maybe?

Anyways, sorry to ramble. I just find it interesting that you feel so strongly about Rom but not about the other primadonnas in the squad. I guess Alexis is not really a prima donna but he is probably the closest thing we have to a mercenary operating in the team, and since he's not even a good one capable of executing his job well... I would personally quantify that as a lack of professionalism on his behalf also. If he took a wage cut it'd be a whole other story of course.

Reactions: Sultan

haram

Ole did not say he did not want him, stop making stuff up. He was no longer automatic starter, but that did not mean he was told to feck off. But of course, the donkey was more than happy to start yapping about a move even before the season ended.
The style of play doesn't suit Lukaku. He is essentially 3rd choice competing with Greenwood at that point. Obviously Ole isn’t going to come out publicly and say I don’t want Lukaku because that just fecks the negotiations.

Tony247

He might do ok there,EPL is a tougher league.
That league is tougher in terms of defensive tactics. Boy, if Inter is thinking they got another Christian Vieri then they will be in a big shock. Lukaku is not a predator who can convert half a chance into goal. He needs 2-3 clear cut changes to put one in the net.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
He has been destined to leave since the start of this window. Yet we let him go on the final day with no replacement. Even for Ed, this is a new low.

This clearly means that we had no plans of replacing him and Dybala would have been just an opportunistic signing.
There's no point overpaying for some shite though. We have enough of that already. If nothing decent is available, let's not spend.

spiriticon

Why is everyone so hung up on replacing Lukaku? His replacement is Martial, who will in turn be replaced by James. Martial will be given more time in central areas and play less from the left. Isn't that what everyone wants anyway?

I mean I guess it's what you deem as "wrong"... I personally think Pogba's tantrums that have spanned the better part of 2.5 years now are far, far more detrimental to the club than Lukaku's heavyhanded forcing of his transfer (not that I excuse that... just as a straight comparison). I think players like Pogba are protected a lot more due to their status and image (i.e. Ole will make excuses as to why Pogba misses trainings or flights for preseason, but with Rom he acts flabbergasted over the Anderlecht training). I also think Sanchez is effectively stealing wages from the club without any intention of putting in the necessary hard work to achieve the results and standards he needs at this point in his career... he doesn't even seem capable of staying fit longer than 3 weeks, and whilst I understand that there's only so much you can do about being injury prone, it doesn't appear that he's doing anything at all. I will admit that one could just be paranoia on my behalf though... There's every chance he's a model, hardworking professional... I just doubt it due to his reputation from Arsenal and the fact that he is a notoriously isolated member of the team.

Di Maria all but forced a transfer through too. Not to mention his week to week whinging about how much he detested Manchester and England in general.

Lingard though, is an absolute clown in my opinion. He is the player that most defaces the club. His actions are seldom monitored and he's given free reign to act like a total idiot (even if he does seem like quite a nice lad to be fair to him) whilst representing United. If you want to talk about professionalism (or lake thereof), then he is easily in a league of his own. He's, unfortunately for us, a marketable disgrace. But why that justifies him starting as many matches as he does, will never ever make sense to me... genuine lack of squad depth maybe?

Anyways, sorry to ramble. I just find it interesting that you feel so strongly about Rom but not about the other primadonnas in the squad. I guess Alexis is not really a prima donna but he is probably the closest thing we have to a mercenary operating in the team, and since he's not even a good one capable of executing his job well... I would personally quantify that as a lack of professionalism on his behalf also. If he took a wage cut it'd be a whole other story of course.
Oh i don't like the way any of them behave, but like i say, i cant ever remember a player refusing to train. What Lukaku has done over the last week has not been seen before at this club.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That league is tougher in terms of defensive tactics. Boy, if Inter is thinking they got another Christian Vieri then they will be in a big shock.
More like, Boy, our manager is insane and he's losing his shit about this player, let's just sign him and hope he calms down

jem

This was the problem the whole time. He never got good service here. Our attack is a shambles and we'll get exposed next season for how crap it is without a proper striker. Martial is lazy and Rashford is Welbeck Mark 2. Pogba will carry us pretty much. But at least we have a better defense.....
That's such a lazy and tired line.

Ace of Spades

The style of play doesn't suit Lukaku. He is essentially 3rd choice competing with Greenwood at that point. Obviously Ole isn’t going to come out publicly and say I don’t want Lukaku because that just fecks the negotiations.
The style of play does not suit him because he is lazy and unfit. Not like Ole is trying to reinvent him, just wants more effort and pressing. Instead of working on it, he just threw his toys out and wanted to move.

bleedred

There's no point overpaying for some shite though. We have enough of that already. If nothing decent is available, let's not spend.
So there is not a single striker in the entire world worth bringing in?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
so we're no one light in attack as well as midfield. Job done, Woody. Pay yourself a nice fat bonus you utter cnut

haram

The style of play does not suit him because he is lazy and unfit. Not like Ole is trying to reinvent him, just wants more effort and pressing. Instead of working on it, he just threw his toys out and wanted to move.
If that’s the narrative you want to run with, ok.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So there is not a single striker in the entire world worth bringing in?
I think Mario M would have been quite a good punt on a shot-term deal (no more than two years). Not an extortionate fee and the guy is a hard-worker, seems like a good team man, wanted to come and oh yes, can play a bit. Definitely no the sort we'd want than

bleedred

Why is everyone so hung up on replacing Lukaku? His replacement is Martial, who will in turn be replaced by James. Martial will be given more time in central areas and play less from the left. Isn't that what everyone wants anyway?
Honestly, it’s hard to see martial improving on lujakus tally from last year and James/greenwood to improve martial’s.

Our only hope against home is that Sanchez turns up. I wouldn’t be surprised if we finish with less goals than last year.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
and a goal every two games isn't a bad ratio in a far-from-good United team

bleedred

Yes, plenty. But they are not interested in us at the moment as we're still shite.
So the plan all along from our board/coaches/scouts is that we will let likelier go and wait till the right striker wants to join us. That’s great planning, I say.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
So the plan all along from our board/coaches/scouts is that we will let likelier go and wait till the right striker wants to join us. That’s great planning, I say.
It's going to take more than one year to sort the mess out. We have youth for the future, so I am not so worried. We may yet see a replacement in the next few hours. If not, Ole still has his boots.

haram

If you want to bury your head in the sand, and keep making excuses for him, ok.
Not burying my head in the sand or making excuses for him. At the end of the day he had two offers from teams in the Champions League. You can have your opinion.

RedNed77

I’ve been all up for letting the kids have a go this season but I must admit I’m starting to feel slightly nervous about that prospect now. I’m not sorry Lukaku is going, but not getting in a plan b like a Mandzukic or someone of a similar profile seems foolhardy. Those young lads are really going to need to put in the performances this year or the pressure on them and Ole is going to be unbearable. Having the first two games that we do is going to set the tone for this season, it bothered me that Ole couldn’t rescue the slump last year. I just hope the heads don’t drop if we lose the first two.

ArjenIsM3

It's going to take more than one year to sort the mess out. We have youth for the future, so I am not so worried. We may yet see a replacement in the next few hours. If not, Ole still has his boots.
It's going to be legen.....

....wait for it....

...dary!!

Ace of Spades

Not burying my head in the sand or making excuses for him. At the end of the day he had two offers from teams in the Champions League. You can have your opinion.
You are making excuses if you keep saying it was because of Ole that he is leaving. Also, Inter were the only club willing to pay money for him, Juve just want to get rid of Dybala, so much so that they were ready to take this donkey in their team.

Revan

Assumptionman
Honestly, it’s hard to see martial improving on lujakus tally from last year and James/greenwood to improve martial’s.

Our only hope against home is that Sanchez turns up. I wouldn’t be surprised if we finish with less goals than last year.
Then we shouldn't have ever given him that 200k/week contract (same for Rashford, if he cannot even match Lukaku's performances). If we give more responsibility to those two, and give chances to Gomes, Greenwood and James, I believe we would do better than having Lukaku as No. 9, with Rashford and Martial sharing the left wing position (which is how Mourinho played). Under Ole, Lukaku was a very expensive substitute.

haram

You are making excuses if you keep saying it was because of Ole that he is leaving. Also, Inter were the only club willing to pay money for him, Juve just want to get rid of Dybala, so much so that they were ready to take this donkey in their team.
You look like the one with your head buried in the sand. Juventus wanted Lukaku, end of story. Goodbye.

Ace of Spades

You look like the one with your head buried in the sand. Juventus wanted Lukaku, end of story. Goodbye.
They wanted it so much that once the Dybala thing fell through, they never came back for him. Keep burying your head in the sand though, I am sure it will help you cope with the donkey being gone.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He won one trophy with Anderlecht in his entire career and he acts like member of a royal family who got no permission to leave his room.

Seriously, win something then act like prima donna, you f*ckin cutlet.

haram

They wanted it so much that once the Dybala thing fell through, they never came back for him. Keep burying your head in the sand though, I am sure it will help you cope with the donkey being gone.
They didn’t have the money, pretty simple as that. You seem really worked up.

Mainoldo

Completely agree even though they kept feeding he crap of we have a replacement? Who was that Mandzukic? Even though that only came about because Juve wanted him.

This is why a DOF was required. Clearly yet again we have a coach who doesn’t have a clue along with out stupid management which we know about already.

Ace of Spades

They clearly were considering they offered Paulo fecking Dybala and they agreed contract terms with Lukaku.
They were happy to swap him with Dybala, but not pay to take him. In the end, he was not that important for them.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Half expecting a passive aggressive reply to Neville on his Twitter.

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best #realmenhavecurves"

Ace of Spades

Because they didn’t have the money :houllier:.
They have the money, they literally got 35m odd for Cancelo, and they will look to move on certain players in the window, including Dybala. If they really wanted him, they would have found a way to get him, and not let Inter have him without any opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.