Kenilworth Road

Kick-off
Sun, 18 February 2024 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Yeah - both Villa and Spurs will lose a lot of points until the end of the season - so if we can beat clubs like Luton and Fulham we should be able to catch up with them. And to be honest, Villa's final 8 games look really tough - so if we can stay within 4-5 points of them before that - we should have a more than decent chance

And all teams have a really tough final 6-7 games of the season
    Spurs have Newcastle (a), City (h), Arsenal (h) and Liverpool (a) in consecutive games
    United have Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h), Newcastle (h), Arsenal (h) and Brighton (a) in our final 8 games
    Villa have City (a), Arsenal (a), Chelsea (h), Brighton (a), Liverpool (h) in their final 8 games - probably the toughest end to the season of the 3
    I dont think ours is that bad depending on how tough you think Chelsea is. Brighton will have nothing to play for, same for Newcastle while Liverpool and Arsenal have to come to OT to win all because City have a piss easy run in themselves and the pressure would be immense. I’d honestly take that as best case scenario.

Shaw could play at left cb if he isn‘t to play the whole game. Less running.

City, Arsenal and Spurs squeaked past them at Kenilworth Road. Liverpool drew.

This is one of those games that you can't really "win" as a United supporter, player or manager.

If you win 3-0, people talk about the gulf in the squads. If its tight but we win, we get called 'Moments FC' and people talk about how Luton were the better side and very unlucky. Dropped points is a disaster, the players don't care and the manager is facing the sack.

This will be a comfortable win, we will smash them with most our players back and one game a week now. 0-1 McTominay 96 mins.

3 points. Don't care how.

Fancy us at the moment with these one week breaks between games and players back. Would like Shaw at left back. Fairly comfortable away win today.

Would be pleasantly surprised if we don't struggle. Our players suit the transition and these guys will sit deep.

Yes...but we also have to play all three of those teams! Granted not in three games, but I don't see how that really changes anything...I feel we'll need to take four points.
    Spurs and Arse at OT though. I think we play most of the big teams at home except City.

You just know they will be well up for it. Hopefully we can get a goal early to settle the team down. We need Mainoo to be more visible than his last few appearances and Casemiro to take better care of the ball.

Don't expect us to dominate them, we rarely do in matches, but hoping to win by the odd goal. Need a more composed play in midfield as there will be lots of turn overs of ball.

Ogbene's dangerous.
    One of the quickest players in the PL.
    I bet they'll target him in behind Maguire.

Good enough line up today! A nice win to keep momentum!!

First time ETH has had anything resembling a settled starting 11 of his preference since before the World Cup

Wtf, Ogbene starting middle and Chong RWB. We've never done that before so I wonder why..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Rasmus Hojlund image Rasmus Hojlund 67% of 291 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 283 ratings.

Score Predictions