Kick-off
Sun, 18 February 2024 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SirScholes

And who are these experienced players? Bruno and Rashford? They've missed as many
    Doesn’t matter, although give rashford that 1 on 1 and he scores
    it’s his choices around the box, on the break, lost the ball trying to dribble across his own defensive line.
    he’s class but a couple little errors been creeping maybe down to over confidence

Superunknown

Had Luton not got their goal it’d be 2-0 to us.

Odd angle mate.
    Jesus christ, the replies to this. :lol: :lol:

I'm saying that our finishing was appalling. We missed big chances in this game and could (and perhaps should have) not ended up with the three points today. It's an issue that has plagued us all season. We're fortunate that Hojlund has come into form.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
    Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Not sure if you've read the whole post. Our finishing from all of our forwards, bar Hojlund, has been dire. This could quite easily have been a defeat today. Performance has overall been poor. We had chances to make this very comfortable.
    Your post said that if we hadn't scored 2 goals, it would be 1-0 to Luton. Factually correct, but not exactly great insight.

A lot of good teams have struggled at Kenilworth Road and, had we taken our chances, we would have been out of sight.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
    Supports
    Luton Town
    Unlucky @Dirty Schwein … I won’t say you deserved a draw as that would be patronising and Bruno/Garnacho should have had 3 or 4. But Luton clearly try and they’re better than S Utd and Burnley so just need to beat one more.
    Cheers mate, hope you guys go on to qualify for UCL. Well done on the win!

Redlyn

Did you watch the game and see the chances we squandered? We couldn't put anything away today after those first 10 minutes. We had chances and wasted them. We're very, very fortunate to come away with all three points. I'm happy to hear your argument against this.
    They were also very very fortunate we squandered so many good chances and they only lost by 1 goal.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
    Jesus christ, the replies to this. :lol: :lol:

I'm saying that our finishing was appalling. We missed big chances in this game and could (and perhaps should have) not ended up with the three points today. It's an issue that has plagued us all season. We're fortunate that Hojlund has come into form.
    Then say our finishing was appalling then, deleting our goals to fit your argument makes no sense.

I agree it was terrible, but they also missed opportunities so it was just a weird approach.

Withnail

Did you watch the game and see the chances we squandered? We couldn't put anything away today after those first 10 minutes. We had chances and wasted them. We're very, very fortunate to come away with all three points. I'm happy to hear your argument against this.
    It's an insane argument to pronounce we could have lost if we didn't score two goals. I'm not even going to entertain it.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
    We were really poor but somehow managed to create about 8 clear cut chances. If we went there a few weeks back we probably would have lost 2 or 3 nil. So we are improving.

Superunknown

Your post said that if we hadn't scored 2 goals, it would be 1-0 to Luton. Factually correct, but not exactly great insight.

A lot of good teams have struggled at Kenilworth Road and, had we taken our chances, we would have been out of sight.
    Actually, no. My entire post said:

"Kinda scary how we would be losing this game had it not been for those two early Rasmus goals. Our finishing since then has been dire."

Not sure what the problem is with saying that. We missed lots of chances, which many others have also commented on. We were fortunate to get those two goals when we did. A little bit surprised this post has been jumped on so much.

United492

Hard fought win, which is what we thought it was likely to be, those of us positive enough to predict a win anyway.

The first 10-15 we were really decent and overall, having lost 2 defenders again, we defended really well. Created a hell of a lot of chances and the scoreline flattered Luton a little and kept them in it. Their keeper is decent, but apart from their goal I don't remember Onana having to make any outstanding saves.

Mainoo is next level. Rasmus....Good signing right there.

Clearly there were a number of negatives to take from the game, but I'm happy to take the positives.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He’s a big reason why we’re crap. Non existentional midfield because he’s always doing his own thing with no care about what happens.
    He's given the license to be our creative midfielder as we're not going to get many goalscoring chances created from the likes of Mctominay and Antony. If he had more competent teammates around him then we'd have been a lot better over the past 4 years.

Superunknown

It's an insane argument to pronounce we could have lost if we didn't score two goals. I'm not even going to entertain it.
    I'm just going to post my original post again, which you helpfully replied with "eh?"

"Kinda scary how we would be losing this game had it not been for those two early Rasmus goals. Our finishing since then has been dire."

What is your problem with this post exactly?

redshaw

If Onana didn't launch himself into a star jump like he was in a West End musical it'd be 2-0.

Superunknown

Then say our finishing was appalling then, deleting our goals to fit your argument makes no sense.

I agree it was terrible, but they also missed opportunities so it was just a weird approach.
    I literally did:

" Kinda scary how we would be losing this game had it not been for those two early Rasmus goals. Our finishing since then has been dire."

TheReligion

Abusive
    If we don’t get our shit together soon, Mainoo is going to have a choice to make
    He’s just signed a new 5 year deal and the club are looking to offer him more.

He’s made his choice for the time being and is United through and through.

Plenty of actual things to worry about than this nonsense!

Matt Varnish

We were shit in front of goal.
    Yeah we wasted chances, but so did Luton
    I hope they stay up, they are a real breath of fresh air in the EPL

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
    I literally did:

" Kinda scary how we would be losing this game had it not been for those two early Rasmus goals. Our finishing since then has been dire."
    But leave out the first bit because it’s bizarre to say that.

*rubs bridge of nose*

Kaminski also had a decent game with good saves and some good defending including the last ditch block. That shouldn’t be taken away from Luton.

Oscar Bonavena

We don't keep possession well enough to control a game. The only other way a team can control a game is by taking the chances that fall to them, and we're not very good at that either, or certainly not today!

One of those wins you feel a little bit dirty after, but 3 points is 3 points!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    He’s just signed a new 5 year deal and the club are looking to offer him more.

He’s made his choice for the time being and is United through and through.

Plenty of actual things to worry about than this nonsense!
    Has he actually signed? I thought he batted away talk of a new deal?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
    Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    Actually, no. My entire post said:

Not sure what the problem is with saying that. We missed lots of chances, which many others have also commented on. We were fortunate to get those two goals when we did. A little bit surprised this post has been jumped on so much.
    You shouldn't be.

Like I said, if Michael Owen had come out with this...

Superunknown

But leave out the first bit because it’s bizarre to say that.

*rubs bridge of nose*

Kaminski also had a decent game with good saves and some good defending including the last ditch block. That shouldn’t be taken away from Luton.
    Actually, no. You don't really have the right to tell me what I can and can't post, and it's more than a little arrogant and rude to suggest that just because you find it 'bizarre'. I posted what I felt at that specific moment in the game. I don't personally see anything wrong with it.

Lost bear

Nah, we were clean through on their goalie 4 times. We should have put Luton to bed with ease. Most of their opportunities were set pieces or shots from 30 yards.
    Yeah, we created great chances. Our players, or most of them, seem to lack the composure to take them. I'm pretty sure this will change in time. Thank god for Rasmus.

lysglimt

Scout
    It actually was a quite decent game for us - but once again our finishing let us down. But it's good to see that we now have 2 attacking players who could dominate the P.L for the next 10 years.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    After we were two nil up we had chances to kill the game but we didn't.
    We made it so difficult for ourselves.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    He did feck all the entire second half. About the only thing he did better than Casemiro is in not giving away the ball but that’s because he barely gets the ball anyway.
    We looked a lot better with him on compared to Cas.

trevor newnham

Supports
    Vigo RFC, Charlton
    Better teams than us have struggled at Luton so thank you very much, I'll take the 3 points. And Mainoo's yellow should be rescinded. Having said that Casemiro was lucky not to get a red. Ah well.

NLunited

We should have seen them off earlier in the first half, but we were really sloppy in possession and couldn‘t finish.

Basically we were poor after going 2-0 up. But, we still created more than Luton did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Rasmus Hojlund image Rasmus Hojlund 67% of 291 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 283 ratings.

Score Predictions