Film Madame Web

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
MADAME WEB – Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

Never had a clue that this character even existed! Sorry, for some reason it won't embed the video.
You've never heard of madame webb? Did you ever watch the 90s cartoon?

Interesting thing about her is she's actually a mutant.

Sony haven't really made a good film in this universe and I don't have particularly high hopes for this but I'll give it a watch.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You've never heard of madame webb? Did you ever watch the 90s cartoon?

Interesting thing about her is she's actually a mutant.

Sony haven't really made a good film in this universe and I don't have particularly high hopes for this but I'll give it a watch.
I can’t say I have, bud. Also not sure if the cartoon ever reached mainstream our side (South Africa) but even if it did, maybe I just missed it and/or wasn’t into it? I’ve got superhero fatigue as well but I bet I’ll still be watching this :lol:

Hamnat

Sony is missing the mark in using this universe other than the animated Spiderverse films. They got lucky Venom made money. They all have the same main issue. A spiderman villain/supporting character movie without Spiderman. Tough hill to climb. Kraven will be the same.

dinostar77

Without sounding like a woke hater. But another girl power superhero movie?
Its a Sony movie. Marvel have no choice on the matter as Sony owns the rights to Spiderman universe and Spiderman on screen. So we have shite like Morbius, Venom and now this.

Its a shame as spiderman's villians gallery os up there with Batman's. If only Marvel could get Spiderman rights 100% off Sony....

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Without sounding like a woke hater. But another girl power superhero movie?
You sound exactly like what you say "Without" about :lol:

The YT comments on that trailer say it all.

Its a Sony movie. Marvel have no choice on the matter as Sony owns the rights to Spiderman universe and Spiderman on screen. So we have shite like Morbius, Venom and now this.

Its a shame as spiderman's villians gallery os up there with Batman's. If only Marvel could get Spiderman rights 100% off Sony....
What do you think Marvel would do differently with this?

Andy_Cole

You sound exactly like what you say "Without" about :lol:

The YT comments on that trailer say it all.

What do you think Marvel would do differently with this?
I know sadly that’s exactly how I sounds. To be fair if it was the exact same trailer with a mixed cast it would probably look equally shite.

Traub

I can’t say I have, bud. Also not sure if the cartoon ever reached mainstream our side (South Africa) but even if it did, maybe I just missed it and/or wasn’t into it? I’ve got superhero fatigue as well but I bet I’ll still be watching this :lol:
It was on Ktv at 4pm mate!

decorativeed

I know sadly that’s exactly how I sounds. To be fair if it was the exact same trailer with a mixed cast it would probably look equally shite.
Fairly sure there were a few men starring in the film that are also in the trailer there.

Not sure what the problem is, even if it was an entirely female cast. Male superheroes and movies with them in outweigh female ones by 10/1. And yet women make up 51% of humanity.

Andy_Cole

Fairly sure there were a few men starring in the film that are also in the trailer there.

Not sure what the problem is, even if it was an entirely female cast. Male superheroes and movies with them in outweigh female ones by 10/1. And yet women make up 51% of humanity.
Unfortunately just a recent bad track record.

There are some absolute classic female lead action movies though. Kill Bill and Atomic Blonde come to mind.

Hamnat

This is just a hard sell to audiences. Nothing to do with the female angle. Black Cat heist film would be an easier sell. Miles Morales live action far easier.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This is just a hard sell to audiences. Nothing to do with the female angle. Black Cat heist film would be an easier sell. Miles Morales live action far easier.
That would be excellent.

Sylar

Yeah both villains gallery are top notch. Obviously they can have villains appear here and there and crossover (well not spideys villains unless an agreement is made)
But I'm guessing Sony will churn these movies to ensure they keep the spiderman rights for as long as possible

Ekeke

Feels like a massive waste of Sydney Sweeney in a superhero role. DC should cast her as Supergirl and then years down the line she can play Powergirl too

CallyRed

I think I have visited a Madame Web on one of my trips to Prague.

Herman Toothrot

They just need to stop the SPUM universe right now. Sub-sub-sub-sub-Snyderverse stuff and everybody deserves better.

dinostar77

MADAME WEB – Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

Never had a clue that this character even existed! Sorry, for some reason it won't embed the video.
Too long a trailer. Gives too much away. Also these B-cast spideyverse characters need spidey to be in the actual movie for it to work.

Another cheap Sony spideyverse movie probably created to keep hold of the licence or some legal thing like that.