MADN Draft R1: Zlatan vs P-nut

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

vs

Team Zlatan

Solid 442,
Two hard as nails centre backs,
Two attacking fullbacks
Two pacey dangerous wingers
Two hard working tenacious centre midfielders
Two forwards, one happy to drop off into the hole and create, one happy to run in behind and also threatening in the air.

Team P-nut

Style of play

Free flowing attacking football that would be a joy to watch, the school of thought is you score 2 we'll score 3. Messi will play in his false 9 role, allowing Rivaldo, Kaka and Villa to take advantage of the spaces created with quick penetrative runs.

Fernandinho is preferred in midfield to Busquets in order to provide a steelier base to midfield and allow Keane to play his earlier United day's all action midfield role.

In defence unfortunately Coles injury means Buchwald has to fill in at left back, thankfully the left hand side was always going to be more defensive than Maicons right hand side where he will bomb forward and offer support to Villa on the overlap.

Lehmann (GER)
Maicon (ITA)
Ayala (SPA)
Schulz (GER)
Buchwald (GER)
Keane (ENG)
Fernandinho (ENG)
Villa (SPA)
Kaka (ITA)
Rivaldo (SPA)
Messi (SPA)

Last edited:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Thanks sjor

my fist though was how exposed you’d be playing a 424 and none of those forwards wanting to do any defensive work whatso ever, then realised I had robben :D

ribery is a work horse though and would help defensively and I think the pace and trickery of these two would do massive damage on the wings against you up against a sole wing back

busy a sec, I’ll have a better look later

Šjor Bepo

yeah, lovely side from Zlatan but he got screwed with categories so the quality is a bit meh....

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
P-nut's front 4 lacks balance IMO. Don't think he loses this game anyways.

Nice team Zlatan, Muller there and you would have won my vote for sure.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Thanks for the comments fellow draftees

story of my drafting life:D
Nice team zlatan, meh quality

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Thanks sjor

my fist though was how exposed you’d be playing a 424 and none of those forwards wanting to do any defensive work whatso ever, then realised I had robben :D

ribery is a work horse though and would help defensively and I think the pace and trickery of these two would do massive damage on the wings against you up against a sole wing back

busy a sec, I’ll have a better look later
Villa is as much a work horse as Ribery so in the attacking areas I'd say we are pretty similar. At Barcelona he was always the hardest working attacker on a defensive side of things.

P-Nut

P-nut's front 4 lacks balance IMO. Don't think he loses this game anyways.

Nice team Zlatan, Muller there and you would have won my vote for sure.
I actually really think the front 4 would work exactly as I envisaged from when I picked up Messi. He'll play the false 9 role perfectly and drag defenders all over the place, whilst Villa is a true goal scorer, Rivaldo a hybrid playmaker and scorer, with Kaka providing the direct dribbling to beat a man in the centre of the park and open up gaps for the wide forwards cutting inside and darting inside the full backs.

GodShaveTheQueen

I actually really think the front 4 would work exactly as I envisaged from when I picked up Messi. He'll play the false 9 role perfectly and drag defenders all over the place, whilst Villa is a true goal scorer, Rivaldo a hybrid playmaker and scorer, with Kaka providing the direct dribbling to beat a man in the centre of the park and open up gaps for the wide forwards cutting inside and darting inside the full backs.
I mean, I can see good synergy between any 3 out of 4 of them starting together, so obviously synergy is not a problem. But if you had 3 out and out attackers, there is no place for a 4th one in my eyes without the balance of the team going for a toss. Say someone less shinier but more balancing for the front 4 like Littbarski there instead of Villa or even Rivaldo and the team works much better on the pich IMO

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I mean, I can see good synergy between any 3 out of 4 of them starting together, so obviously synergy is not a problem. But if you had 3 out and out attackers, there is no place for a 4th one in my eyes without the balance of the team going for a toss. Say someone less shinier but more balancing for the front 4 like Littbarski there instead of Villa or even Rivaldo and the team works much better on the pich IMO
IMO,Rivaldo and Kaka can't bring out best from each other.Both of them are not the same role 100 percents but similar things are both of them play best when they are in "main focus of attacking"like Kaka in Milano and Rivaldo in Barcelona and another thing outside of strikers both of them should have support/sidekick players not players who steal their spotlights.

I would agree with you at this point,I think Rivaldo/Messi/Villa or Villa/Messi/Kaka would make some of the most dangerous attacking-line and have great chemistry for sure but have 4th one for me don't bring out the best for all of them for sure.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Villa is as much a work horse as Ribery so in the attacking areas I'd say we are pretty similar. At Barcelona he was always the hardest working attacker on a defensive side of things.
Villa maybe so but I’m the post directly below the one I’m quoting you mention him being the goal scorer and messi false 9 so I assume he will be in behind more often than not, the team just looks exposed even though I can’t fault the quality of players

P-Nut

Villa maybe so but I’m the post directly below the one I’m quoting you mention him being the goal scorer and messi false 9 so I assume he will be in behind more often than not, the team just looks exposed even though I can’t fault the quality of players
Sure he'll make runs in behind the defence, but he's always done that and still always tracked back whenever his sides are out of possession, or also press and harry the backline.

Šjor Bepo

Think Rivaldo would probably be fine(nothing special but not bad either), Kaka is very hard to imagine alongside f9 Messi......honestly i have no idea what would they get from each other, even on paper.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Think Rivaldo would probably be fine(nothing special but not bad either), Kaka is very hard to imagine alongside f9 Messi......honestly i have no idea what would they get from each other, even on paper.
I imagine the idea is that Messi pulls the CB out of position and plays the ball around the corner for Kaka to burst forward with his insane acceleration to move in on goal

Šjor Bepo

I imagine the idea is that Messi pulls the CB out of position and plays the ball around the corner for Kaka to burst forward with his insane acceleration to move in on goal
you use Firmino for that not freaking Messi + Kaka was more for bursts with the ball rather then off the ball.

P-Nut

you use Firmino for that not freaking Messi + Kaka was more for bursts with the ball rather then off the ball.
Whilst Physio is correct in that it is one idea, there are also times when Kaka will beat his man, Messi has and slip Messi in. Just because he's a false 9 doesn't mean he'll never ever attack the goal. Plus Messi offers versatility and an increased effectiveness and output compared to almost anyone in that role. If he wants to have a go at the full back for a while, he simply switches with Villa and picks out passes coming off the right flank.

The opportunities are far greater with Messi playing that role than Firmino.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
You could always use Villa for the forward role as the most self-sacrificing of the attack, then the others all bubbling behind him.

GodShaveTheQueen

You could always use Villa for the forward role as the most self-sacrificing of the attack, then the others all bubbling behind him.
Good point. Young Messi on the right is the only way I can see all 4 of them starting together and excelling.