Television Malice at the Palace

Wittmann45

I just finished it and it was great. I am a Canadian and I lived near Detroit at the time of the incident. The Pistons were hugely popular after winning a title, the Pacers were the new Bulls as far as hated teams in the city, and the brawl was one of the biggest Detroit news stories that I can remember. The story was in local, and national, news for what seemed like months.

The documentary was great. It did a really good job to set the context, I liked the pace and they picked the right people to interview. Jermaine O'Neil and Reggie came off well and sympathetic, better than Artest/Metta. Admittedly, I am a Pistons fan and I recognize Metta had mental health issues, but I scoffed aloud when Metta claimed that lying on the score table was part of his therapy.

izec

Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson were just nutcases.

O'Neal and the Pacers were the biggest losers of this. I think O‘Neal went pretty downhill after that. Up to that, he was improving steadily and he would have probably been a much better player for years and years. He was a star in the making. But after that, he just didn't kick on to the star level, but stagnated. A lot of Injuries kicked in at some point as well a few years later and his career was pretty mich over as a starter.

Last edited:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I remembering watching this live. Gonna watch it now on Netflix

Abizzz

I remember this happening. Still wish Ben would have just decked Ron for the fans.

Show him some meta world peace.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Just watched it, damn. O'Neill got screwed hard there.
Stephen Jackson is a real one.