Man City 2020/21 - General discussion

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We should look to take Aguero if Cavani leaves
He's a city legend, they'll make a statue for him, no way he'd tarnish his reputation with them for a season playing 2nd fiddle as a striker at United

Pep's Suit

Fernandinho set to stay for another year. No obvious replacement, covid and his performances in last 2-3 months made it a no-brainer, I think. Will be interesting if City even sign anyone because the market for CFs is a bit similar and I can see Torres used as a false 9 more often.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
So?

He was miles better in 2017-2018 and 2019-2020 than he was in 2015-2016.

We have different viewpoints on what makes a season great if you think De Bruyne had a great debut season at City.
De Bruyne's first season was outstanding. 16 non-penalty goals in around 35 starts is exceptional for a midfielder- otherwise Bruno is pretty average too.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Congrats to the City fans on here. Fully deserved and Guardiola has done brilliantly considering City's start to the season.

Rather you than the red half of Manchester.

Guardiola's record as a manager in domestic leagues:

Ludens the Red

Congrats to the City fans on here. Fully deserved and Guardiola has done brilliantly considering City's start to the season.

Mods, ban this tramp.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Enjoy the Europa chief.

El Zoido

How much has the Shiek spent on Man City since buying them? Not just on transfers, but development of facilities, training, stadium, back room staff, marketing, etc. Got to be 5 billion plus by now?

Zen86

A true underdog story. Congratulations to Pep for turning their fortunes around. The minstrels will sing sweet melodies about this day for decades to come.

Real Name

You're trying too much.

James Peril

What’s a bit scary is that I feel they have been on half steam all season and without a striker, de Bruyne in and out with injuries… they’ll win next season on walkover if they’re bothered - unfortunately. By far the best team, manager and levels above everyone else in terms of entertainment, at least we’re one year closer to that not being the case anymore.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What’s a bit scary is that I feel they have been on half steam all season and without a striker, de Bruyne in and out with injuries… they’ll win next season on walkover if they’re bothered - unfortunately. By far the best team, manager and levels above everyone else in terms of entertainment, at least we’re one year closer to that not being the case anymore.
The idea of them getting Haaland or Kane is concerning.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Meh. Definitely rather City than United, so yay I guess.

dove

Walked the league yet again and they are already on 7 league titles. Really difficult to see anyone else winning the league unless you have a freaky season aka Liverpool last year.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
I think Chelsea will be huge next season they match them in depth and qaulity. United if they get Sancho and Pau will be also solid, if they get in a few more signing it'll also be good. Liverpool with no CL will also be a threat, but yeah City didn't seem to play too well and didn't seem like they needed to step up alot with Dias there defense is sorted and next season they get a finisher it'll be tough to look past them unless they have a season like last season, Pep does have a tendency have wanting to change alot every season in terms of tactics/formation.

OldSchoolManc

Trophy awarded tonight, to overpaid primadonnas, that nobody even cares about.

Yep, it’s the Brit awards

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't know if you can credit Pep for that. That team had just won the treble when he took over.

Oh I'm not an expert at all. Just someone with a decent understanding of the game.
If you put Villanova and pep on the same page I have to question that

padr81

Supports
Man City
He got over 100 points with Barca after Pep left. What's wrong with Vilanova? Pep had lost the previous season to Jose's Madrid.
Nothing he did very well, but he inherited peps squad. Sadly never got the chance to reach peps level.