Man City 21/22

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Everyone at City recognizes the hard task that will be given to whoever that is Guardiola's successor. I don't know why you act like if you just discovered the hard truth no one before faced. A certain, possibly dramatic level of setback is obviously something bound to happen when he leaves.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Next 3 games are crucial;
- Brentford A - 29th Dec
- Arsenal A - 1st Jan
- Chelsea H - 15th Jan

Lots of time to prepare for Chelsea but the Arsenal game is a bit of a worry for me. Their next game is postponed so they can now rest a full week. I know the City squad is big but there are some key people who’ll play both and that small drop off due to slight fatigue can have a big impact at that level. We see it all the time after CL midweek games.

Chelsea v Liverpool is the day after Arsenal, so a win would be great to pile the pressure on. Tricky little spell for Chelsea coming up...

copen1945

Everyone at City recognizes the hard task that will be given to whoever that is Guardiola's successor. I don't know why you act like if you just discovered the hard truth no one before faced. A certain, possibly dramatic level of setback is obviously something bound to happen when he leaves.
A post in an internet forum seems like a discovery of the ages? I am sorry that you have to carry on with your little band of gargoyles, but I am happy for you and the season.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If City can keep Rodri fit then they'll be fine otherwise they'll be in trouble this second half of the season. Fernandinho's legs have clearly gone. KDB looked winded as well in the second half.

If City can keep Rodri fit then they'll be fine otherwise they'll be in trouble this second half of the season. Fernandinho's legs have clearly gone. KDB looked winded as well in the second half.
Yup, he isn't even able to commit his notorious fouls to stop counter attacks anymore as they simply blitz past him.

Marwood

Of course, they will win the league. They have paid for it already and will get the delivery of it by April. Under the surface, they have problems. Their leading scorer in the league, Sterling, has lost his place to their golden boy. Their leading scorer overall, Mahrez, has lost his place to the golden boy and the Brazilian wonderkind. The golden boy is turning into Grealish, and the real Grealish is still the drunken fool. Their supposed best defender, Dias, is slow and requires constant attention from FB and CM. Their once best performing CM, Fernandinho, is old and being carried by younger players. Their best creative and best paid player, De Bruyne, is semi-permanently injured. Their manager has only one more year left on his contract.

Youtube leaches don't get on their problems because there is no audience. Imagine if our leading scorer, Ronaldo, has to come off the bench because of Greenwood has to be given his chance. Imagine if Maguire needs constant help from FB and CM. (Actually,...) Imagine our best CM is too old for the league. (Actually,...) Imagine our best creative and best paid player is injured always. (Actually,...) Imagine if we don't know who the manager will be next season. (Actually,...)

They are what they are because Pep's influence is near absolute, and no one dares to speak. When he goes, their demise will be swift. They don't have City way. There is Pep. Without him, there is only the mercenary version of Wenger's Arsenal. United must get its house in order quickly and prepare for next season and the season after. There will be a new champion, and Liverpool and Chelsea aren't invincible.
They weren't struggling before Pep so I think they'll be fine once he leaves. Assuming they appoint a capable manager.

The problems you've pointed out are quickly solved by money. So no issue there.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
They are what they are because Pep's influence is near absolute, and no one dares to speak. When he goes, their demise will be swift. They don't have City way. There is Pep. Without him, there is only the mercenary version of Wenger's Arsenal. United must get its house in order quickly and prepare for next season and the season after. There will be a new champion, and Liverpool and Chelsea aren't invincible.
You speak of Pep so highly here but still rate Klopp higher in the Klopp, Pep or Tuchel debate. Something doesn’t quite add up there. If Pep can be so influential on our success then he’s the best manager around, no?

::sonny::

We have not great defenders individually
Stability is the ball no press/defend high

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Yeah, there is a differnce between forcing yourself on someone and paying to force yourself on someone.
Except that's not what prostitution is. I'm quite staggered that you claim not to understand this.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Pep will be their downfall; of City, I mean; they were better off in 2008-14, just signing big names, some fresh, some veteran + competent managers; now Pep has spoiled them beyond measure, they don't realize this is not Manchester City, is the new "Pep Team 3.0" (after Barca and Bayern); when Pep leaves Manchester, City will crumble harder than Liverpool in 1990; they will eventually sign a new good manager and will remain Top2-5, but the current golden era under Pep is just a misleading supernova.
This is common knowledge among City fans, all the blues I know have accepted this long ago.

Becks00

You speak of Pep so highly here but still rate Klopp higher in the Klopp, Pep or Tuchel debate. Something doesn’t quite add up there. If Pep can be so influential on our success then he’s the best manager around, no?
Pep can clearly be very influential at City and still not be the best manager around, much like Tuchel was very influential in Chelsea's champions league win last season and I'm sure you wouldn't call him the best among those 3.

Not necessarily saying Pep is/isn't the best, just pointing out the position of the poster might not be as inconsistent as you think. He/She can rate Klopp higher and still give due regard to Pep's influence at City.

Oranges038

Except that's not what prostitution is. I'm quite staggered that you claim not to understand this.
The reality is, that if those women really wanted to be in that situation they wouldn't need to be paid now would they?

By the way, I'm not claiming to not understand anything. You've taken something I posted and just taking it entirely out of context.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
It will take some time after Pep is gone to be recognised his true influence on this Manchester City club. Guardiola spent 3 years at Bayern Munchen but his overall influence on how they play was not that big because actually LVG started and Heynckes followed the same path with a tweaks here and there. Guardiola completely changed the way City play not only in the first team but in their whole Academy. His influence there is almost the same as Johan Cruyff's at Barcelona. Cruyff spent 8 years there and Guardiola will be at City 7 seasons in 2023. Lets see if he can bring "The Big Ears" trophy at the Etihad so he can finish his project there completely.

Blackwidow

It will take some time after Pep is gone to be recognised his true influence on this Manchester City club. Guardiola spent 3 years at Bayern Munchen but his overall influence on how they play was not that big because actually LVG started and Heynckes followed the same path with a tweaks here and there. Guardiola completely changed the way City play not only in the first team but in their whole Academy. His influence there is almost the same as Johan Cruyff's at Barcelona. Cruyff spent 8 years there and Guardiola will be at City 7 seasons in 2023. Lets see if he can bring "The Big Ears" trophy at the Etihad so he can finish his project there completely.
You are right - the situation from City to Bayern is different - somehow as he did not have much influence on the players Bayern signed, too. He build onto a squad and system that was already brought in by van Gaal that was tweaked by Heynckes - but positional play was always the key in that. Bayern had problems with the Pep successor as Ancelotti and Kovac weren't coaches that had the same principles. Flick - changed that again as he put players that were left from the time with Heynckes and Pep into the central axis of the system - and Nagelsmann follows that and makes his own changes. The biggest problem City will have is to find the right successor who makes the necessary tweaks in players and system.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The reality is, that if those women really wanted to be in that situation they wouldn't need to be paid now would they?

By the way, I'm not claiming to not understand anything. You've taken something I posted and just taking it entirely out of context.
Gross generalization to be honest.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Pep is bossing the EPL, and making it look like a farmers's league, scoring for fun and showing the aura that they will win not matter how close/even is the match.

His rivals are praying for Pep to leave, so they have a chance to win the title again, that shows how much he is bossing the league.

manc exile

Supports
City
Of course, they will win the league. They have paid for it already and will get the delivery of it by April. Under the surface, they have problems. Their leading scorer in the league, Sterling, has lost his place to their golden boy. Their leading scorer overall, Mahrez, has lost his place to the golden boy and the Brazilian wonderkind. The golden boy is turning into Grealish, and the real Grealish is still the drunken fool. Their supposed best defender, Dias, is slow and requires constant attention from FB and CM. Their once best performing CM, Fernandinho, is old and being carried by younger players. Their best creative and best paid player, De Bruyne, is semi-permanently injured. Their manager has only one more year left on his contract.

Youtube leaches don't get on their problems because there is no audience. Imagine if our leading scorer, Ronaldo, has to come off the bench because of Greenwood has to be given his chance. Imagine if Maguire needs constant help from FB and CM. (Actually,...) Imagine our best CM is too old for the league. (Actually,...) Imagine our best creative and best paid player is injured always. (Actually,...) Imagine if we don't know who the manager will be next season. (Actually,...)

If the current ownership structure had not already appointed three top division title winning managers in a row, then you would have a point.

Just to put this achievement into perspective the only other clubs to do this in the history of the english leagues are
Liverpool late 19th / early twentieth century (Watson, Ashworth, Mclean)
Sunderland between the two world wars(mackie, kyle, cochrane)
Arsenal 1920's to 1940's (Chapman, allison, whittacker) also the caretraker (shaw) between chapman and allison won the league
Liverpool in 70's and 80's (in fact they appointed four - shankly, paisley, fagan dalgleish)

United have NEVER appointed a title winning manager straight after a title winning manager. Magnall replaced by wallworth in 1912, didnt win the top division again until 1952 (10 managers later). Busby replaced by Mcguiness in 1969, didnt win a top division title until 1993 (7 managers later). Ferguson replaced by Moyes in 2013, have not won a top division league title as of 2021 (4/5 Managers later depending if you count Rangnick as a full time manager).

Noot

Supports
Manchester City

Your logic is that just because someone is paid to do something it means they're doing it against their will?

I'm very surprised that people on here seem OK with you insinuating that Walker has essentially raped these women.

Oranges038

Your logic is that just because someone is paid to do something it means they're doing it against their will?

I'm very surprised that people on here seem OK with you insinuating that Walker has essentially raped these women.
No idea what you are on about lad. Go put your 5 posts a day to better use.

Good day.

copen1945

Ferran Torres made the right choice. In an age when a player will make a lot more on endorsements and image rights, why would he choose to continue to be associated with these lot? They are buying trophies, and their owners are literally fueling the refugee crisis that harms Europe. Barca may not be doing too well nowadays, but it is better for him to be there than with Man City.

Ladron de redcafe

Ferran Torres made the right choice. In an age when a player will make a lot more on endorsements and image rights, why would he choose to continue to be associated with these lot? They are buying trophies, and their owners are literally fueling the refugee crisis that harms Europe. Barca may not be doing too well nowadays, but it is better for him to be there than with Man City.
That's the second time in a thread about a football club - Manchester City - that you've angrily harped about refugees coming into Europe. This isn't just reminiscent of the bitterness on RAWK and the City forum when United were dominating, but slightly more disturbing if anything.

copen1945

That's the second time in a thread about a football club - Manchester City - that you've angrily harped about refugees coming into Europe. This isn't just reminiscent of the bitterness on RAWK and the City forum when United were dominating, but slightly more disturbing if anything.
I am glad that someone is counting the number of times of a specific subject matter being discussed in my posts. You seem troubled that, unlike you are, other people aren't ignorant of things in the world. Keep living in your world, please.

Ladron de redcafe

I am glad that someone is counting the number of times of a specific subject matter being discussed in my posts. You seem troubled that, unlike you are, other people aren't ignorant of things in the world. Keep living in your world, please.
Oh the irony of thinking a refugee crisis was catalyzed by the UAE's royal family and calling someone ignorant. Hard not to laugh.

If you have something of substance to contribute with, I'm here.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
This copen guy is a clear WUM. Dont feed the troll..

DaGOAT

City - an almost unstoppable force in the league.
Will likely win their 6th Premier League title this year.

Are United fans afraid that in 20 or so years City will have knocked United off their perch?

Wilt

City have scored 17 goals in their last 3 prem games …different level

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
City - an almost unstoppable force in the league.
Will likely win their 6th Premier League title this year.

Are United fans afraid that in 20 or so years City will have knocked United off their perch?
Unless Pep stays for 20 years, which he won't, I can't see that happening

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
City have scored 17 goals in their last 3 prem games …different level
Meanwhile we've scored just 3. And 2 of those were against teams in the relegation zone. Talk about a gulf in class :lol:

Sviken

Pep is bossing the EPL, and making it look like a farmers's league, scoring for fun and showing the aura that they will win not matter how close/even is the match.

His rivals are praying for Pep to leave, so they have a chance to win the title again, that shows how much he is bossing the league.
Helps that the only manager on his level is playing in a team with vastly inferior resources. Hope him and Klopp feck off soon.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Feel like City will ditch Mahrez and get Saka in at some point, just because why not
Saka at City might just be playing the Zinchenko role. Mahrez gives City a very direct option, Like Robben. Not a lot of touches and very eager to shoot. This provides another dimension to the attack as against the others who take lots of touches

copen1945

Oh the irony of thinking a refugee crisis was catalyzed by the UAE's royal family and calling someone ignorant. Hard not to laugh.

If you have something of substance to contribute with, I'm here.
Here is another appeaser. You belong with the few and the proud of the so called Man City fans. They definitely have substance, just like you.