Man United Legends Fantasy Tournament

Polaroid

All players who have made at least 100 post-WW2 appearances for Manchester United are available for drafting. For the purpose of this competition, players are judged based on both their playing ability and overall footballing impact on United. Each manager gets to pick 12 players to form a squad (11 starters and 1 substitute).

Competition format is 2 groups of 4, top 2 in each group advance to the semi-finals. Post-group stage, there will be a secondary round of drafting, where each of the semi-finalists add 6 more players to their squads from a common pool of players drawn from the eliminated teams (the drafting order of the remaining 4 teams will be reversed from that of the primary draft).

Managerial applicants are welcome to come in solo or as co-managers taking charge of one team
Would anybody be interested?

Draft rules
* Managers will take turns to draft players (first round of draft will start with Manager 1 and end with manager 8, second round starts with Manager 8 and ends with Manager 1, third round will start from Manager 1, so and so forth)
* You have 4 hours to post your draft pick. If you do not do so, the draft proceeds to the next manager in line and it is up to you to post your draft pick at your earliest convenience.
* Your draft pick is valid only after you have updated the overall list of picks. You are encouraged to post a picture of the player and elaborate on why you picked this player.
* Once you have posted your draft pick, you have to PM the manager next in line to inform him/her that it is his/her turn
* Once the draft is complete, match threads will be started where each manager posts their match team, tactics and any persuasive arguments why their team has an upper hand over the opposition etc.

Crustanoid

I'll be in for this - my knowledge of players before the 80s is a bit sketchy

kps88

Are you going to wait till the current draft is over?

Polaroid

Are you going to wait till the current draft is over?
That will take weeks and these are 2 very different tournaments so I do not think voters will be confused if we proceed simultaneously. This can be moved to the United forum if a mod can help.

DanNistelrooy PMed me to say he is in so 4 places left for grabs

kps88

Hmm. Just feel it will further dilute the number of votes if we have several match threads cluttering up the football forum at the same time.

Polaroid

Hmm. Just feel it will further dilute the number of votes if we have several match threads cluttering up the football forum at the same time.
This can be moved to the United forum if a mod can help. Probably more suitable there since it is exclusively on United players.

I'm in... looks like the usual draft gang... :)
:D

3 places left

Polaroid

Manager list so far
Polaroid
Jayvin
Crustanoid
DanNistelrooy
Cal?
Narnar

2 places left

Polaroid

I give it another 3 hours, if there are no more applicants, we will kick off with 6 teams, 2 groups of 3, each semi-finalist adds 4 players in the secondary round of drafting

Polaroid

FAO mods, please help to move this to the United forum, thank you

narnar

Needs Help

Narnar: Peter Schmeichel
Ralaks
Jayvin
Cal?
Polaroid
Crustanoid
KM
DanNistelrooy

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
:lol:
That's some great editing their, narnar!

Ralaks

Ralaks: Eric Cantona
Jayvin
Cal?
Polaroid
Crustanoid
KM
DanNistelrooy

Polaroid

Please do not mention any player who has not been picked unless it is your turn and you are picking him, this applies to non-playing Caf members too, thank you :)

kps88

I'm very surprised already by the first two picks.

Ralaks

Mhm, now that I think about it a bit there is one player at least I should've picked over mine, oh well, not much to do now!

Ralaks

I thought they were pretty good picks. Cantona's impact on United was huge, as was Schmeichel's
Impact was the keyword in my picking of Cantona for sure, don't think there are many players who have had the same impact on United, he is definately in the top three imo.

Polaroid

Impact was the keyword in my picking of Cantona for sure, don't think there are many players who have had the same impact on United, he is definately in the top three imo.
It is a game designed to revolve around United legends hence the tournament name and judging criteria in the OP. As far as United legends go, Cantona has to be right up there in the top bracket.

Polaroid

less than 3 hours left for Jayvin to make his pick before the draft proceeds ahead with Cal?

Cling Bak replaces KM

Jayvin
Cal?
Polaroid
Crustanoid
Cling Bak
DanNistelrooy

Polaroid

less than 2 hours left for Jayvin to make his pick before the draft proceeds ahead with Cal?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Dilemma, you guys all know who I want to pick, but I just don't think he should be 4th (3rd) pick... :(

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
So we have had the 60s draft, the 70s draft, the Man United draft. What's next? The Man City 2008-2011 draft? The Arsene Wenger kids draft? Or perhaps even the Harry Redknapp triffic transfer target draft.

Polaroid

less than 1 hour left for Jayvin to make his pick before the draft proceeds ahead with Cal?

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sorry should have realised that with only 8 players this would start quickly.

I pick George Best.

Jayvin: George Best
Cal?:
Polaroid:
Crustanoid:
Cling Bak:
DanNistelrooy:

Polaroid

Sorry should have realised that with only 8 players this would start quickly.

I pick George Best.

Great choice but he is not yours yet :)

Draft rules
* Managers will take turns to draft players (first round of draft will start with Manager 1 and end with manager 8, second round starts with Manager 8 and ends with Manager 1, third round will start from Manager 1, so and so forth)
* You have 4 hours to post your draft pick. If you do not do so, the draft proceeds to the next manager in line and it is up to you to post your draft pick at your earliest convenience.
* Your draft pick is only valid when it is indicated on the overall list of picks by all 8 teams. You are encouraged to post a picture of the player and elaborate on why you picked this player.
* Once you have posted your draft pick, you have to PM the manager next in line to inform him/her that it is his/her turn
* Once the draft is complete, match threads will be started where each manager posts their match team, tactics and any persuasive arguments why their team has an upper hand over the opposition etc.