5. Will Fish to Stockport
  6. Andreas to Flamengo
  7. Tuanzebe to Aston Villa
  8. Levitt to Dundee United
  9. Pellestri to Alaves
Other players soon to go out on loan
1) Brandon Williams
2) James Garner

Will be nice to have one thread for all loan players, rather than individual threads.

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Chong, Bernard, Galbraith and Will Fish all start for their teams. Tuanzebe is on the bench for Villa.

pascell

Players officially out on loan:

1. Chong to Birmingham City
  2. Bernard to Hull City
  3. Laird to Swansea City
  4. Galbraith to Doncaster Rovers
  6. Andreas to Flamengo
1) Brandon Williams
2) James Garner

Will be nice to have one thread for all loan players, rather than individual threads.
No love for Pellistri and Levitt?

diarm

Laird played well for Swansea last night by all accounts. He was reportedly excellent in attack, playing WB in a 352, but didn't have a lot to do in defence.

TheReligion

Abusive
@KM perhaps you'd consider posting tweets and comments about the performances as and when the players feature and make significant contributions?

Always like to see what the fans of the loan clubs think given how much more they will see of them.

swissgenius

Good thread idea, always fun to watch them develop!

If you have the time, it would be much appreciated if you'd update their stats every few weeks.

RedTiger

Half mast
Players officially out on loan:

1. Chong to Birmingham City
  2. Bernard to Hull City
  3. Laird to Swansea City
  4. Galbraith to Doncaster Rovers
  6. Andreas to Flamengo
  8. Levitt to Dundee United
  9. Pellestri to Alaves
1) Brandon Williams
2) James Garner

That's almost a starting 11 minus a GK and striker.

Hoboman

Why is that?
He is 24, desperately needs playing time, but was loaned out to the club which has established pair of starting CBs, both of whom played 36 games in EPL last season.

Unless one of Konsa or Mings will get long-term injuries, or Smith will suddenly change his preferred formation, Axel is not going to play enough.

KM

@KM perhaps you'd consider posting tweets and comments about the performances as and when the players feature and make significant contributions?

Always like to see what the fans of the loan clubs think given how much more they will see of them.
Yup will be doing that, but everyone is free to contribute!

KM

Fair to say Birmingham City fans are absolutely buzzing.

Pavl3n

He is 24, desperately needs playing time, but was loaned out to the club which has established pair of starting CBs, both of whom played 36 games in EPL last season.

Unless one of Konsa or Mings will get long-term injuries, or Smith will suddenly change his preferred formation, Axel is not going to play enough.
Axel did really well under Smith at Villa and Smith knows him well. Nor Mings, nor Konsa are United level defenders. They're not even United bench level defenders.
It's perfect loan for Axel - going to a place he knows well and has done really well at. It's good for United - it will give a very good indication whether Axel should be kept at the club or not. If he can't displace any of Villa's defenders - he's definitely not at the level we need him to be.

Pavl3n

Fair to say Birmingham City fans are absolutely buzzing.
How's he playing. I see they're 3:0 up, but he hasn't assisted nor scored.
Must be some outstanding performance.

KM

How's he playing. I see they're 3:0 up, but he hasn't assisted nor scored.
Must be some outstanding performance.
Think he's got 2 assists.

Pavl3n

Think he's got 2 assists.
Cheers. I only switched to that game, but it was already past the goals and I guess I should look for another source for live scores. Livescore didn't list him as having assists.

Great back heel from him just now.

Abraxas

Is Chong playing in midfield again? The lineup I saw has him on the right but may not necessarily be accurate.

This is probably the first time he's truly looked to be excelling in men's football. Maybe growing into his body a bit and getting the backing of a manager. If he does this for a whole season it could be interesting.

Hoboman

Axel did really well under Smith at Villa and Smith knows him well. Nor Mings, nor Konsa are United level defenders. They're not even United bench level defenders.
It's perfect loan for Axel - going to a place he knows well and has done really well at. It's good for United - it will give a very good indication whether Axel should be kept at the club or not. If he can't displace any of Villa's defenders - he's definitely not at the level we need him to be.
Him displacing Villa's defenders who are supposedly not even United bench level defenders will give us a very good indication whether he should be kept at the club or not? Not sure I follow your logic.

Anyway, hope he will get chances and play well. He looked like top class talent, but was very unlucky with injuries.

Abraxas

I think it's fair to question sending Tuanzebe on loan to a club with an established pair. It would be better if there was an obvious opening. You can argue he should be displacing them, but at the same time managers can be conservative with changing a formula that works. If Mings and Konsa start the season well Axel may be restricted to cup football until there's an injury which is only slightly better than his situation at United.

Pavl3n

Him displacing Villa's defenders who are supposedly not even United bench level defenders will give us a very good indication whether he should be kept at the club or not? Not sure I follow your logic.

Anyway, hope he will get chances and play well. He looked like top class talent, but was very unlucky with injuries.
Well if he can't displace them, then he has no place in our squad and we should look to move him on.
If he does and club decides his performances were good - we'll keep him and let him fight for a place. Taking Bailly's place as the 4th choice and even maybe Lindelof's place as the 3rd choice.

KM

Galbraith seems to have done very well in their last match?

paulscholes18

Chong is getting a lot of praise from Birmingham fans, and apparently yesterday he was clapped off by both home and away fans when he was subbed off.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I started a thread for the Dan James transfer news, it was closed and I was told there was already another one but I couldn't find it. I only see the player performance thread where we're not supposed to talk about transfers. Am I missing it?

pascell

I've just had a quick look to see how Pellistri is getting on at Alaves. He's played 96 minutes of football this season and on the bench tonight against Osasuna.

Not a great start, hopefully he can push on soon and get a consistent run of starts.