Man Utd official podcast: Bruno Fernandes - 'What makes me a winner'

SuperiorXI

To be fair, he's had the opportunity to win what, two cups? and scored a penalty in both semi-finals (which we lost largely due to incompetent defences)
I love Bruno, he's by far and away our best and most influential player right now, but he needs to wind his neck in a bit with this talk IMO. Every other day I see quotes from him about how much he's achieved etc. Knuckle down and win something first.

Just a little bit irritating anyway [/RoyKeane]

midnightmare

I love Bruno, he's by far and away our best and most influential player right now, but he needs to wind his neck in a bit with this talk IMO. Every other day I see quotes from him about how much he's achieved etc. Knuckle down and win something first.

Just a little bit irritating anyway [/RoyKeane]
Jeez no! I love the attitude. We need a bunch of winners and need some arrogance and swagger. Also he’s never bragged himself about what he’s achieved. All his talk is about being proud of being praised and being at United but knowing he and the team have a lot to do to win and win big trophies. He’s always talking of wanting to be the best and winning things. Absolutely need that attitude.

SuperiorXI

Jeez no! I love the attitude. We need a bunch of winners and need some arrogance and swagger. Also he’s never bragged himself about what he’s achieved. All his talk is about being proud of being praised and being at United but knowing he and the team have a lot to do to win and win big trophies. He’s always talking of wanting to be the best and winning things. Absolutely need that attitude.
In moderation yes, my point is it's a bit too much with Bruno.

Web of Bissaka

He already won things?

Sporting
+ Taca de Portugal 1x (18/19)
+ Taca da Liga 2x (17/18 & 18/19)

Portugal
+ UEFA Nations League 1x (18/19)

Individual
+ A lot of honors in 4 years, seriously a lot!

Okay, but that's not enough so say he's a winner in football, plenty of winners won plenty, not (yet) him.

Martial

Better this mentality than the mentality of being happy with the constant mediocrity of the last seven years.

Champagne Football

We are lucky to have him. Our best signings since RVP. He's just so influential.

Can't believe some are complaining here. Roy Keane never won anything at Forest. Bruno is the only winner we have along with Maguire sort of. You need a lot more winners than that to win stuff. We are a work in progress. McT and Fred have the right mindset but need to improve their creative game to become a nailed on first XI players that become part of trophy winning teams. Van De Beek will hopefully take his game to the next level in the next 6 months.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Keane would rip into this on Sky...

Talking like he’s won someting. Footballers of today. You finished tird.. Is that a winner now?

lsd

The Oracle
When he wins something for United he can talk until then he is not a winner

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Keane would rip into this on Sky...

Talking like he’s won someting. Footballers of today. You finished tird.. Is that a winner now?
What a crap statement. What you think he's stupid enough to think that? At no point did he say I've won things with united. He's talking about the mentality that is needed to win things - which he has done in Portugal. A few of the slackers and bottlers in the team could learn from him.

Mainoldo

What a crap statement. What you think he's stupid enough to think that? At no point did he say I've won things with united. He's talking about the mentality that is needed to win things - which he has done in Portugal. A few of the slackers and bottlers in the team could learn from him.
Joke!!