Man Utd sleeve sponsor: Kohler

MadMike

I really hope we're not headed for the Finnish standard:
These changes are controlled centrally by the FA. They’d have to take club feedback and opinion into account and act accordingly.

I doubt it, but it depends really. I’d imagine if shirts looked like that, shirt sales would dramatically decrease. I mean I wouldn’t wear that shit, looking like a walking advertisement. That’s more of an advert and less of a football kit. I’d wear a vintage kit with no adverts instead.

So Adidas in our case would start offering less money due to lower sales and their product and logo becoming less visible in this cacophony of adverts.Same for the main sponsor, Chevy in our case. There’s less exposure for them if they are crammed with 10 other adverts, so they’ll start offering less.

These multi-sponsor shirts are a theme in leagues where it’s hard to attract big money from one sponsor and where shirt sales are a very small in number. Hard to see that happening in the EPL in the decade but who knows.

We need an rvn

Why do you even care. Surely what happens on the pitch is whats key.
Because £15m is still £15m that is part of the whole club revenue. Would you rather we say no to the £15m Kohl pay us, as well as the £15m Aon pay us for the training kit and all these other deals we're making? They're all part of us being able to sign the players we are, invest in youth etc which impact what happens on the pitch buddy.

How about you think long / medium term instead of what happened over the summer hey ;)

WalkerTheRed

I really hope we're not headed for the Finnish standard:
I'm guessing we won't go that far. Smaller leagues more or less have to, to get enough money through the accounts. Beggars can't be choosers

I actually like the KuPS shirt(the yellow one). The main sponsor is a decent beer, and the two other sponsors blend in pretty well. The rest is pretty horrible though.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For those who say that Woodward was being lazy, taking holidays, not doing his job, he in fact did make a major signing.
He saved money by not spending on players and accepting that 4th place was good enough.
He earned The Glazers more money, by signing up Kohler.

Well done Mr Woodward. You are doing a fantastic job!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Why do you even care. Surely what happens on the pitch is whats key.
And club revenues aren't related to performance or paying players well enough they dont leave for other clubs? If the numbers are correct, Kohler's name placement will paying for Sanchez' enormous salary.
We can spend our money elsewhere then.