Manager Draft Final - Harms VS Edgar

Who would win based on peak under the managers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skizzo

What's with those ultra defensive 5 man backlines? Vogts right wingback is the same as Gentile right wingback. Have a bit of faith in your defenders ;). You really don't need Augenthaler in there.
Not really, but with Breitner, Maradona, Matthaus, Beckenbauer, Muller, and Rummenigge all capable of pushing up and attacking, having 4 defenders plus Stielike able to cover makes me solid for counter attacks too. Anyway, like I said, was just a rough idea, and unlikely to have got all the players since joga and I both went deep enough to screw each other with selections :p

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I don't agree at all that he was restricted in the previous set up, or burdened with a big defensive job. As I said before Gentile, Scirea, Bergomi, Kohler and Tardelli were already there which is quite the array defensively. Aye it's a two man midfield, but it's a two man midfield with a five man defence which is obviously completely different, there's already lots of security there. It's also a two man midfield in which he's paired with Tardelli who was excellent defensively himself.
The point isn't there being security at the back or not, the point is that security is sitting deep and you can't give an entire half pitch for the other team to feck around in. At this level, no matter how many defenders, you'll get stuffed eventually if you just concede the freedom of the pitch to the oppo and even if you manage not to concede you are never going to score without the ball. It isn't he had a big job to give security at the back as much as it is that he had a big job making sure his side got to see any of the ball.

Platini had a man on him full time so, rather than have a pointless fifth defender I would have an extra midfielder working his bollocks off in recovery so that Matthäus can be better used in a more attacking/playmaking role and not running around tracking Rijkaard and Gullit.