Manager sack watch 2017-2018 season

Peanut Butter

No chance in hell Wenger gets sacked after serving Arsenal for so long. He is bigger than the club is and will leave when he chooses.

My previous prediction regarding De Boer was correct.

My next prediction is that Ronald Koeman will be sacked after heavy defeat away to Lyon early November.

The fans have already turned on him so clock is ticking.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
Chelsea sack Conte on the 1st November 2017 after some injudicious comments to the Italian press following defeat against Roma.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Apart from Koeman there doesn't seem to be that many other candidates for the sack at the moment, Klopp should be under severe pressure after one win in eight games, but the board there for some strange and unknown reason seem almost enamoured by him as the board at Arsenal are with Wenger.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
i still think Howe will be in the firing line soon, their team is just pony.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
No chance in hell Wenger gets sacked after serving Arsenal for so long. He is bigger than the club is and will leave when he chooses.

My previous prediction regarding De Boer was correct.

My next prediction is that Ronald Koeman will be sacked after heavy defeat away to Lyon early November.

The fans have already turned on him so clock is ticking.
This isn't necessarily aimed at you, but I don't really get this "after all Wenger has done for Arsenal" thing. They were one of the biggest clubs in England before he took them over, and he lead them to a couple more titles. He didn't exactly do a Sir Alex and take a sleeping giants back to the top of the European game, he took an already great club, carried on their success and now has seen them nosedive. Why all the loyalty?

The last of their 10 pre-Arsene titles came in 1991, just 5 years before he got there. They had tasted success before. So what has he done? The invincibles? Perhaps, but it's one season. He's under performed in Europe, making one CL final ever. He won them another 3 leagues, the last of which came almost 15 years ago, and the top trophies have eluded him ever since. I don't really get where the loyalty is coming from. I could understand it if he'd won back to back champions leagues or something of that calibre, but he hasn't.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Some rumours in portuguese media that Everton has contacted Paulo Fonseca (manager of Shakhtar Donetsk). He ends his contract in 2018.

Peanut Butter

This isn't necessarily aimed at you, but I don't really get this "after all Wenger has done for Arsenal" thing. They were one of the biggest clubs in England before he took them over, and he lead them to a couple more titles. He didn't exactly do a Sir Alex and take a sleeping giants back to the top of the European game, he took an already great club, carried on their success and now has seen them nosedive. Why all the loyalty?

The last of their 10 pre-Arsene titles came in 1991, just 5 years before he got there. They had tasted success before. So what has he done? The invincibles? Perhaps, but it's one season. He's under performed in Europe, making one CL final ever. He won them another 3 leagues, the last of which came almost 15 years ago, and the top trophies have eluded him ever since. I don't really get where the loyalty is coming from. I could understand it if he'd won back to back champions leagues or something of that calibre, but he hasn't.
I completely agree with you - Wenger should have been sacked ages ago.

But he has too much power at Arsenal. They won't sack him.

AlwaysRed66

Apart from Koeman there doesn't seem to be that many other candidates for the sack at the moment, Klopp should be under severe pressure after one win in eight games, but the board there for some strange and unknown reason seem almost enamoured by him as the board at Arsenal are with Wenger.
What about Judas at Leicester. What goes around comes around. Certainly be fitting.

Bojan11

Doubt he will get fired this early. I think Koeman is a dead man walking now though. It will not be easy to turn it around since they don't have a fantastic squad. Also the mood is probably not that great either around Everton.

Mark Hughes could be an outsider soon. Stoke not doing that great although I guess it is still a bit early. They have done alright I think anyway so it would seem rather strange to sack him.
So you still doubt?

AlwaysRed66

Had a feeling he might go, but probably not the next day :)

Koeman to go next.

Inter Yer Nan

Bilic is next. Possibly/probably before their next league game. I think Koeman will hang on a few games yet, but he's obviously on the way out too.

Conte won't manage Chelsea next season, but may be able to see the season out.

kotha

Close with Bilic and Koeman now.. I guess depends on how Everton's game against Arsenal goes this weekend.. Didn't think Shakeapeare would precede Bilic..

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Bilic is done. There's no coming back from that tonight.

Eddie Howe is one to keep an eye on at Bournemouth, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see him resign/join a new club before he's sacked. Sackings don't really look good on a young manager's CV. Experienced managers appear to be able to shake them off much easier.

Bojan11

Bilic, Clement and Pulis.

One of them definitely is next. Possibly all three. Could be a big change up if Dyche leaves Burnley too.

Paul_Scholes18

So you still doubt?
I guess I should not doubt the Leicester owner. They will fire managers quickly and it seem to give them short term boosts.

Next to go now will likely be Bilic. It is such a great variation of managers. I don't think it is the best way to get long term sucess. Burnley is a great example how giving faith to a manager can reward you. Bournemouth as well and I hope Howe is safe for now since he have done a good job. They are a small club and should have realistic expectations.