Managers Draft - R1: harms vs Annahnomoss

With players at 'peaks under the said manager', who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
vs

................. Team @harms (Giovanni Trapattoni) ............................................... Team @Annahnomoss (Vanderlei Luxemburgo) ...............

Team harms (Giovanni Trapattoni):

Tactics

My team is based on an all-conquering Juventus side of the late 70's – early 80's that won literally everything (and you can include the World Cup here). Gentile said that Trapattoni introduced totall football to catenaccio – his approach was most definitely revolutionary.
This is Zona-Mista - counter-attacking tactics, where the defence is a mix between a classic man-marking catenaccio and a zonal defending. I have no problem with the distribution from the back - Scirea is ideal for that role and the others are pretty good in that aspect too.

Defence.

It is based on one of the best defensive lines in history, with the inclusion of Bergomi. Zoff-Cabrini-Scirea-Gentile-Cuccureddu conceded average 0,67 goals per game and had a clean sheet ratio of 0,52 (78 in 150). What is great about my personnel is that I can be incredibly adaptive. Cuccureddu played everywhere, Gentile played on the right, on the left and as a stopper (and, actually, by his own admission his best season was 1976/77 on a left back position), Bergomi played as a right back, as a center back and as a sweeper. In this game I have Bergomi as a semi-right back, Cuccuredu as a left fullback, Gentile as a stopper and Scirea as a sweeper. The back four of Cuccureddu, Gentile, Scirea and Bergomi with Furino in front of them and Zoff behind them - this feels like cheating, I cannot wish for a better defence to face Romario. Gentile also isn't the type of the defender that Romario's famous turn would work against, he is very agile and well-coordinated.

Midfield.

Furino, who has a great understanding with Scirea and is comfortable covering for him if necessary, shields the defense. Benetti is helping him and also brings the ball forward, sort of a Tardelli's defensive box-to-box role. Platini is playing in the role that he excelled in, orchestrating the game and consistently scoring. Without a doubt the best №10 in the draft. Causio is playing on the right flank, he will be a very tough opponent for R. Carlos to deal with - and also tracking back if needed. He reminds me of Figo - same smooth technique, outstanding dribbling and crossing ability (though Causio's outside foot crosses are something unique) - maybe a little less of a goalthreat himself, but better defensively (maybe it's just due to the time though, his role required it). And I remember R. Carlos having problems dealing with Figo.

Attack.

My midfield and attack are hard to separate, they are acting as one unit, with Platini, Boniek and a little less so Causio in a hybrid positions. Boniek is playing in a more advanced free-roaming left forward role, but he’s going to interchange with Causio during the game, as they both did during their careers. On top there is Paolo Rossi, who has a claim to be the most important man in this particular game – Annah has 9 Brazilians in his squad all of whom were heartbroken when the Executioner ended the Brazilian fairy-tail of 1982. Ronaldao would be just standing there, reliving the memories of his childhood while Paolo Rossi is free to score another hat-trick. Jokes aside, he is going to be a pain in the arse for Annah’s defenders with his constant movement – and Boniek with Platini would attack the space that he is opening for them.

Why would I win?

For starters, I have an incredible team. The best defence in the draft, hardworking midfield and fluid attack. Brilliant balance: rashness of Gentile and coolness of Scirea; physicality of Benetti and elegance of Platini; directness of Boniek and ball-loving style of Causio. An enormous amount of leadership in this squad – Bergomi, Furino, Scirea, Zoff, Platini all captained their club and/or national sides for a long time.

Second, all of my players peaked under Trapattoni – and most of them even peaked at the same period of time. Sadly, the same can not be said about Annah’s team, which looks frightening on paper, but isn’t that scary if you look closely – Ronaldinho is way past it, Cafu and Mauro Silva are brilliant, but yet to prove that they are world-class and even Zidane and Raul are not at their very best. The only players that are clearly playing as they should have if you judge them by their name are Romario, Roberto Carlos, Gamarra, Ze Roberto and Mazinho – a scary bunch, but I believe that my bunch is scarier. Annah's team would be much stronger in the next round even without the reinforcements though, if he will win this, when the international form in taken in consideration.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Team Annahnomoss (Vanderlei Luxemburgo):

------Attacking Style - Counter/Very direct

Cafu played under Luxemburgo when he was 27 years old and in his physical peak. His success there saw Roma pick him up and he took the world by storm being an instant success and earning himself the nickname The express train. In his peak physique he had better acceleration, pace and stamina than later in his Milan days - where he was still fantastic. He was 32 in 02, and he was still considered a physical specimen.

Roberto Carlos played under Vanderlei Luxemburgo when he was 31 years old for Real Madrid and 22 years old for Palmeiras in 1995. He managed to push another LB great, Branco, down the pecking order and was from 1995 and forward a starter for Brazils national team.

They will play as wing-backs, free to bombard forward, but they will get back as they did for Brazil in '02. Both of them are great at not just storming towards the corner flags, but cutting inside and linking up - or pulling defenders out - or why not finish with a shot.

Gamarra is rated incredibly high which is odd for the short peak he had. 1998 he reached his full peak in the build up to the world cup and in the world cup itself, under Vanderlei Luxemburgo as the manager. Gamarra's very short peak still has him rated as up there with the centre back greats which shows just how great he was on his best.

In classic Brazilian manners we have three extremely hard working and defensively excellent defensive midfielders - who are here to allow Cafu, Carlos, Zidane, Raul and Romario to fluidly attack while being covered.

Mazinho is the father of Thiago and Rafa Alcantara, an extremely versatile player who was equally comfortable as a right winger, right back or defensive midfielder. He will be playing as a defensive midfielder, and his ability as a right back will come in handy if Cafu doesn't make it back in time - so Cafu can reestablish the position. His playmaking is brilliant and he was the ball playing centre midifelder next to Makelele for Celta Vigo in the 90's.

Next to him we have Ze Roberto, the only Brazilian in the all star team in Fifa 06, the same time he started playing under Vanderlei Luxemburgo. He was a very unique central midfielder in that he had the dribbling of an absolute top winger, but still he worked incredibly hard defensively and used the fact that he was originally a left back to great results in terms of covering for a full back. Vanderlei coached Mauro Silva in Bragantino in 1990, and Silva instantly became a feature in Brazils national team playing as a destroyer midfielder and sweeper and reached his highest peak in 93-94.

Zidane, Raul and Romario doesn't need much of an introduction. Zidane will be the heart and soul of the team. Knowing it is a knock-out stages, which Zidane thrived upon and raised his level for - one can expect an "all time great" performance from him.

He will be floating around the pitch and pulling the strings of every attack with his world class dribbling and passing range. His long ranged passing often gets overlooked but it is up there with the likes of Scholes at finding through balls over the opponents defense - or switch sides in to a bombing wing back.

With Raul and Romario to aim for, who are extremely complementary - with Romario beingthemain goal scorer and Raul the unselfish chaos creator. He will be pulling markers out wide to open up space, drop deep out wide - bring Bergomi/Gentile with him - then just one touch pass it to Cafu/Carlos who bombs past. Romario was in 1994 awarded;
In December 1994 he was awarded the Onze d'Or, the Fifa world player of the year and L Equipe Champion of Champions which is given to the best athlete in the world - last footballer to win it before him was Maradona for his achievements in 1986. Just weeks after the ceremony he moved to Flamengo, where Vanderlei Coached him.

Playing style
I will defend deep, and win the ball back and attack as quickly as possible. If there is no obvious chance open, Cafu and Carlos will provide an early(high or low) cross in to the area where Romario is as good as it gets at finding space and scoring. Raul is brilliant as well for a second striker and Zidane was outstanding on his head too - or waiting outside the area to unleash his match winning shots.
----------------------- Defensive line - low

In the defense, Raul will defend from an AM position, against the defensive midfielders of the opponents. As soon as we regain the ball he becomes a striker again.

I am perfectly set up to deal with my opponent. His wide threat of Cuasio is going to be up against Roberto Carlos who will be tightly covered by Gamarra with Silva stepping down in to the box if Carlos is beaten. Carlos was world class in his 1 vs 1's but often gets poor credit due to bombing forward which left the lane open if it wasn't covered.

Here he is free to bomb forward in the offense, as Mauro Silva can drop down as a sweeper, Ze Roberto can drop down in towards covering the LB position and on the right side Silva can do the same while Mazinho would drop down to cover, or just take over the RB position which he was comfortable doing.

Centrally we have Ronaldao, a Brazilian international, strong in the air and inside the box - weakest player on the pitch but happy to not be up against two strikers - and he has the perfect cotton coating with Mazinho, Ze Roberto and Mauro Silva all being able to cover as defenders if moments calls for it.

Mauro Silva especially will be in a free role, without a marker - he will make sure that Platini never gets to run towards my box with the ball at his feet. You can't steal the ball from Platini or prevent him from getting it, but you can make sure that when he does get on the ball he doesn't have the option to score himself.

Causio isn't a real goal threat with his four goals average per season, Rossi isn't a real goalthreat with his 6 goals per season average. Boniek averaged a little less than 10 goals per season as well, so the primary and secondary goal threat is that from Platini himself.

If Mauro Silva leaves him the option of the pass, to make sure the shot isn't on - then that is all I can do to hurt him as a team - and it would hurt severely. With nobody overlapping for his wingers, my wingers can fold inside very tightly as soon as they leave their wide positions, which in Bonieks case would be likely. This would make the central areas very overcrowded, and it is the reason LVG wants his wingers to touch the hugline - to open up space to attack in to. Mauro Silva would then use his free role to mark Boniek, or provide support to the weak link Boniek will try to attack.

Bettega's main threat is his ability to get on crosses, which is an area where Gamarra and Ronaldao(in particular) are strong. Mazinho would be capable of following Bettega in to the area as well purely for disrupting him as much as he can while Ronaldao gets on the header. Dida is also superb of a goalkeeper and without being heavily disrupted he will dominate the box.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Good luck to both of you. If I fecked something up in your write-ups, let me know, so that I can change it.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Voted for myself @Annahnomoss
I see that you went with Rossi as a 6 goals per season striker? Well, you brought this on yourself :lol:

Good luck

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
:lol: Did literally any of Annah's players play their best football under Luxemburgo?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Romario and Gamarra. R. Carlos is close to his peak.
Romario's best football would come under Cruyff, or Carlos Alberto in 1994. I don't think it's just based on age.

Roberto Carlos' peak was certainly before he was 31. Around 2001 under Del Bosque would be his peak.

harms

Staff
Romario's best football would come under Cruyff, or Carlos Alberto in 1994. I don't think it's just based on age.

Roberto Carlos' peak was certainly before he was 31. Around 2001 under Del Bosque would be his peak.
I'm certainly in no position to argue :lol:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I don't think anyone would say Romario or Roberto Carlos played their best football under Luxemburgo. Same with Zidane, Cafu and Raul. None of them are at their best here.

On the flip side you've got Platini - who is better than any of those players anyway - absolutely at his peak under Trappatoni, playing for the manager he won three Ballon d'Or's in a row under.

harms

Staff
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present you Mauro Silva - the player that just finished his first season in adult football (1 appearance in the league for Guarani before it), preventing Michel Platini, 3 times Ballon D'Or winner and one of the most skilled players ever that played in the era of the greatest man-markers. Silva is a brilliant young player, who will establish himself as one of the best in the world in his position a few years later, but I'm not sure that even at his best he is up for this job.

And let's talk about Raul. We all know that he is an unbelievable player who is used to play the second fiddle in the team and that he wasn't all about goals, but Annah brought this one on himself, when he tried to nullify Paolo Rossi as a goalthreat (he should've asked one of his Brazilian players what they are thinking about it, or himself just a month earlier)
The right side with Littbarski and Amoros will be the primary outlet as they are my best attackers and Paolo Rossi was an incredible goal-scorer in the box for crosses or rebounds - similar to Ruud van Nistelrooy.
Back to Raul. He was underperforming from 2003 to 2007, he isn't the brilliant peak Raul of the late 90's-early 00's or a adapted old one of 07-09. With Luxemburgo he scored impressive 9 goals in 32 games (13/43 in all competitions). Paolo Rossi has scored 7 in 23 (13/32), while, similar to Raul, playing the second fiddle to Platini - yet, he won Ballon D'Or in the middle of that season, first and foremost because of his goalscoring abilities. And you should count that they are playing in a very different leagues defensive-wise.

Last edited:

harms

Staff
Interesting. We both are sitting deep and trying to hit each other on the counter. Who will succeed here, the defensive line that has Gamarra (who was brilliant, but still isn't a match to Scirea, Gentile or Bergomi), Ronaldao, who is obviously the weakest player on the pitch as Annah stated himself, young and inexperienced Mauro Silva and two attacking-minded fullbacks or the defensive line of Bergomi-Scirea-Gentile-Cuccureddu with Furino shielding them and a great Zoff in goal?

Annahnomoss

Looks like a brilliant side mate. Wasn't going to play this one at all really until you showed your formation.jpg with the three man defense which was really poor tactically. The way you set up now is to the peak roles of all the players. Well done Harms.

harms

Staff
PLAYER PROFILES - harms

Dino Zoff

A rock; a workaholic; a perfectionist: Dino Zoff is one of the greatest goalkeepers the world has known. Voted by the Italian FA as the best italian player of the last 50 years (1954-2003), he is considered by IFFHS third greatest goalkeeper of the 20th century behind only Yashin and Banks.

Cuccureddu

Part of the famous Juventus backline that is considered to be one of the top three defensive lines ever. Very tough defender, he was also great on the ball and often carried Juventus attack from the deep, sometimes scoring himself. He could’ve played literally everywhere on the pitch – he holds very curious record, which says all that you need to know about him - in 1975/76 season he played with 7 different jersey numbers, which were attached to positions and not the players at the time.

Scirea

Annah's brilliant post
Probably the most aesthetically pleasing defender ever. Luigi Galrando described him perfectly: “defender in defence, midfielder in midfield and forward in attack” (sounds much better in Italian). He provides calming and commanding presence in the back and also allows me not to worry about the ball distribution.

Gentile

Another post by Annah
Gentile was also the integral part of that defensive line. One of the hardest players in history he, surprisingly, never was sent off the pitch. His man-marking skills are the part of the folklore now, the ruthless job that he did on Maradona and Zico allowed his team to go through and, eventually, win the World Cup in 1982. He, himself, proudly states: «no one of the ones I've marked the World Cup and the European Championship has ever made me goal». Another quote represents how feared he became worldwide: “It has been a tough last eight hours and I've not gone through this getting a headache, for nothing. It is easier to play eight hours against Gentile than go through this» - Here Ray Wilkins is using him as the personalization of the worst possible thing that can happen to a footballer.

Bergomi

Giuseppe Bergomi was born in Milan and devoted his entire career to his beloved Internazionale. Equally comfortable as a stopper and as a right back. He had an incredibly long career but he peaked under Trapattoni with the great Inter that won scudetto in 1989. Famously marked Rummenigge out of the World Cup final when he was only 18 years old.

Furino

Not the most fancy name, but he is the player that holds the record for the most Serie A titles won (8). He is the personification of the №4 role, his long-time teammate Tardelli said that he was the most tactically intelligent player that he ever saw. Hardworking, dominant and intelligent player, he is always there to cover for Scirea, if he decides to roam forward. The only weakness that he had was his attacking contribution, but it’s not what required from him. Also, a true leader – he was Juventus captain for 10 years.

Benetti

One of the most complete midfielders that Italy had ever known. Certainly when it comes to Benetti, in our memories rises the figure of the athlete strong and aggressive, muscle and decision, tactics and will. For many years he was one of the greatest midfielders in circulation in Italy and in the world, and his stubbornness led him to bepresent on the international scene until the ripe old age of thirty-five anni. "Benetti was a rough nut, a physically very strong man, very muscular, like Gattuso all right but physically much stronger and much more dangerous. If he hit you with his strength he could break you. Gattuso, now, is tigerish but hasn't the same physical presence whereas this lad was very, very strong, like a little bull". He was much more that just a bully in midfield though, he often played as the most advanced midfielder of the three and truly was a remarkable footballer. He worked with Trapattoni in Milan and in Juve, where he replaced the great Capello when Trap arrived and had his best season in 1976/77.

Causio

He was nicknamed “The Brazilian”, because his technique stood out so much. He was voted as the best ala destro (right attacking player) in Juventus history. He was the integral part of the fluid Italian attack in 1978 and one of the main stars of the tournament – equally capable of playing on the both sides of the pitch – and, as every Italian winger of that time, he strongly contributed to defense. He supplied many assists with his trademark crosses, some of them with the outside of his foot – very unique skill, I'd say, he was well-recognized for it.

Boniek

Best defined as a 'hard working-attack minded footballer', rather than as a 'great winger' or 'playmaker'.

Credit to anto:
Platini's partner in crime. What a wonderful player. He could head, pass or shoot with both feet, had great technique and determination, and a big game player to boot. He was a tireless runner who could play anywhere across the frontline and buzzed across the opposition's back-line hunting for weakness. His unmatched engine and workrate allowed him to extend his career playing in midfield, as a sweeper and even as CB.

But his most remarkable asset was his incisive mazy running. Devastating stuff. Imagine Giggs keeping his early pace and dribbling skills until well after he had added the experience :drool:Author of a delightful hat-trick against Belgium at the 1982 World Cup which shows what a nightmare he was, popping up in completely different places and finishing differently for each of them (long shot, header, one on one).

Platini

Simply one of the best players of all-time and arguably the greatest passer ever. Seriously, what more is to say here? He helds the record of the highest average season rating in Serie A history (which is higher than Napoli’s Maradona). Also, three times Ballon D'Or winner and Serie A top scorer three seasons in a row (as a midfielder).

Bettega

“Bobby Gol” – one of the best Juventus performers in the late 70’s. He played as a left forward/supporting striker and center forward. Serie A top scorer in 1979/1980. He is a very complete forward but his heading really stands out, he was a huge aerial threat.

Paolo Rossi

Everything was easy for Rossi, an atypical player for Italian football. He had no powerful shot, no physical superiority, normal acrobatic skills, his main attribute was his tactical intelligence. He just understood where the ball would end up and he would most definitely be there too. He often gets stick as a one-season wonder, but he wasn't, though his career was sadly interrupted by his ban. Ballon D'Or winner in 1982 and also brilliant as a part of a fluid attacking trio that Italy had in 1978 and was Serie A top scorer with Vicenza in 1977/78.

harms

Staff
Looks like a brilliant side mate. Wasn't going to play this one at all really until you showed your formation.jpg with the three man defense which was really poor tactically. The way you set up now is to the peak roles of all the players. Well done Harms.
You didn't think that I was serious with the WM, did you? :lol:

I'm losing btw

Annahnomoss

Interesting. We both are sitting deep and trying to hit each other on the counter. Who will succeed here, the defensive line that has Gamarra (who was brilliant, but still isn't a match to Scirea, Gentile or Bergomi), Ronaldao, who is obviously the weakest player on the pitch as Annah stated himself, young and inexperienced Mauro Silva and two attacking-minded fullbacks or the defensive line of Bergomi-Scirea-Gentile-Cuccureddu with Furino shielding them and a great Zoff in goal?
I think that Gamarra was actually a match considering Vanderlei had him in his highest peak and that was a pretty mean peak he had in him. His issues was keeping that peak up consistently, which he never did unfortunately otherwise he'd certainly have been rated even higher than he is today - which is very high. The rest is quite obvious, my defense is nowhere near yours defensively especially not as you have a more defensive tactic. My wing backs will bomb forward and only Cuccu will do that for you. So hands down your defensive line will be more defensively sound. Cafu and Carlos are the best attacking full backs on the pitch though, which at least counts for something, I hope.

Annahnomoss

You didn't think that I was serious with the WM, did you? :lol:

I'm losing btw
I was going to play Ronaldinho and just have a laugh until you showed that. Felt wrong to see a team go through with their tactics so far off. :lol:

harms

Staff
I think that Gamarra was actually a match considering Vanderlei had him in his highest peak and that was a pretty mean peak he had in him. His issues was keeping that peak up consistently, which he never did unfortunately otherwise he'd certainly have been rated even higher than he is today - which is very high. The rest is quite obvious, my defense is nowhere near yours defensively especially not as you have a more defensive tactic. My wing backs will bomb forward and only Cuccu will do that for you. So hands down your defensive line will be more defensively sound. Cafu and Carlos are the best attacking full backs on the pitch though, which at least counts for something, I hope.
Yeah, maybe - he certainly isn't far beyond. He was probably the only player in your team that I had absolutely no issues with

EDIT: not sure about the best attacking fullbacks though - Cuccureddu is riding a zebra here, did I forget to mention it? It has to count for something

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
If find it incredible that you spend so much time to research Annah's team. It would have driven me nuts :lol:.

Annahnomoss

Is that a Zebra pretending to be a Juventus player, or is Cuccu pretending to be a Zebra?

Annahnomoss

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present you Mauro Silva - the player that just finished his first season in adult football (1 appearance in the league for Guarani before it), preventing Michel Platini, 3 times Ballon D'Or winner and one of the most skilled players ever that played in the era of the greatest man-markers. Silva is a brilliant young player, who will establish himself as one of the best in the world in his position a few years later, but I'm not sure that even at his best he is up for this job.

And let's talk about Raul. We all know that he is an unbelievable player who is used to play the second fiddle in the team and that he wasn't all about goals, but Annah brought this one on himself, when he tried to nullify Paolo Rossi as a goalthreat (he should've asked one of his Brazilian players what they are thinking about it, or himself just a month earlier)

Back to Raul. He was underperforming from 2003 to 2007, he isn't the brilliant peak Raul of the late 90's-early 00's or a adapted old one of 07-09. With Luxemburgo he scored impressive 9 goals in 32 games (13/43 in all competitions). Paolo Rossi has scored 7 in 23 (13/32), while, similar to Raul, playing the second fiddle to Platini - yet, he won Ballon D'Or in the middle of that season, first and foremost because of his goalscoring abilities. And you should count that they are playing in a very different leagues defensive-wise.
Mauro Silva has a free role by the way. He's not in the match to mark anybody out of the game, but instead has little pressure and a lot of freedom to act as a sweeper and defensive midfielder. Back then he used his stamina and intensity to roam side to side and pick up all loose balls or to put in a challenge. All he will do with Platini is, choose to give Platini the chance to pass over letting him go towards goal and look to score. Mauro Silva won the the Bola d Ouro and the Bola d Prata the year after that. He played 13 matches for Brazils NT in 91, and was a regular until 94. After that he actually fell out, which is why his peak is often considered 93-94.

Nothing to say about Raul, it is all true. Raul went from being one of the best players in the world in the 90's to dropping down a level and changing his role a bit to being more of a second striker without too much stress about goal scoring. With Ronaldo there he could do that, knowing that Ronaldo would provide the goals and he just had to be the "second best goal scorer" of the team instead. Here he has Romario who is a lot better than Ronaldo after all of his injuries. Romario would push a fit 98~ Ronaldo in terms of ability.

harms

Staff
Is that a Zebra pretending to be a Juventus player, or is Cuccu pretending to be a Zebra?
I am presenting you, Allure D'Or winner for 10 consecutive seasons (1976-1986), le Zebra. Wild card

Annahnomoss

Can I post a video of Ze Roberto? Pretty brilliant video of his dribbling. A bit unforgotten as he missed out Rivaldo and Ronaldo's peaks and played in the Bundesliga for so long.

harms

Staff
Can I post a video of Ze Roberto? Pretty brilliant video of his dribbling. A bit unforgotten as he missed out Rivaldo and Ronaldo's peaks and played in the Bundesliga for so long.
Sure, why not? I wanted to post the brilliant video of Causio anyway, such an amazing player! I have to admit, I didn't knew much about him before this draft.

Annahnomoss

Ze Roberto should have played in the Joga Bonito era. In 2006 he was the best Brazilian player in the World Cup, but Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho had already faded. Absolutely terrific player with immense dribbling for a central midfielder.
]

Annahnomoss

Sure, why not? I wanted to post the brilliant video of Causio anyway, such an amazing player! I have to admit, I didn't knew much about him before this draft.
Post away videos if you want. In theory you aren't allowed to post them on the first page unless you both agree on allowing it.

Annahnomoss

Regardless of a possible result I hope I'd at least be able to play entertaining football. With Cafu and Carlos bombing up each flank and Zidane ice skating about centrally looking to find Raul and Romario on through balls or to link up with Raul. Ze Roberto would be providing world class dribbling and flair as well and the manager would let them all play Samba without being cursed at if they lost the ball as long as it was pretty. Ronaldinho was supposed to play, but his prematch party got way out of hand, so now all he's good for is dancing samba by the corner flag when he's excited. I knew I shouldn't have let him do it.

harms

Staff
With all this Brazilian flair on and off the pitch, I want to contribute too, here is the video of my very own "brasiliano" - Franco "Il Barone" Causio.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
With all this Brazilian flair on and off the pitch, I want to contribute too, here is the video of my very own "brasiliano" - Franco "Il Barone" Causio.

Good stuff. I only got to see him at Inter, at the tail-end of his career, but you could tell he was "different".

Annahnomoss

Good stuff. I only got to see him at Inter, at the tail-end of his career, but you could tell he was "different".
Players usually look a lot slower in those old videos but he was incredibly rapid there. Must have been extremely fast.

Annahnomoss

Harms going on an early lead. Will bringing Ronaldinho in change your mind? He was actually world class of an entertainer even after his peak.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
harm's team is just better here IMO, especially if you stay true to the manager peak rule. Platini along with Cruyff is pretty much the best attacking player you can pick in this draft.

Annahnomoss

True. But he is posting pictures of fecking zebras and shit, he can't be taken seriously. :mad:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I love those zebra picks, they're awesome.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Annah went for an original approach here - and I like that. However, some of his "peak under Vanderlei" points are a bit tenuous, I reckon. And the overall quality of these boys simply falls a bit short given the context - which is pretty much an alltime draft with some restrictions. Harms has set up just right - and he's got the players (in their pomp, Platini, not least) to win this one hands-down for me.